PDA

View Full Version : Week of 2/15/2010 polls

GODUKEGO
02-15-2010, 03:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/polls

Purdue at #4 plays at Ohio State on Wednesday

Syracuse at #5 plays at Georgetown on Thursday

We beat Miami and VA Tech this week could posibly move to #4 or #5 next week!!!

Wake is the only other ACC team in the top 25.

mr. synellinden
02-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Not that it really matters, but what is up with Fox Sports having us ranked #12?

GODUKEGO
02-15-2010, 04:22 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/polls

Purdue at #4 plays at Ohio State on Wednesday

Syracuse at #5 plays at Georgetown on Thursday

We beat Miami and VA Tech this week could possibly move to #4 or #5 next week!!!

Wake is the only other ACC team in the top 25.

VA Tech is #27

sagegrouse
02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Not that it really matters, but what is up with Fox Sports having us ranked #12?

They heard the politically conservative Coach K voted for Obama, and it's been downhill ever since.

sagegrouse

lpd1982
02-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Foxsports is spending the night in Kville tonight. We'll have to get the Crazies to get on them.

Steve68
02-15-2010, 05:12 PM

That's last week's poll. They haven't updated yet. Still too low.

dukeimac
02-15-2010, 07:08 PM
They heard the politically conservative Coach K voted for Obama, and it's been downhill ever since.

sagegrouse

Now you are just trying to give people nightmares.

darkblue2769
02-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Foxsports is spending the night in Kville tonight. We'll have to get the Crazies to get on them.

Wait, is Foxsports actually going to be in Kville tonight? What for? Just curious, I guess I'll find out in a few hours if they are there and why.

darkblue2769
02-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Nevermind, got my own question answered via the kville listserv a few moments ago:

Hey Crazies!

Tonight is going to be awesome in kville. There's a hoop set up and we're gonna get some contests going with prizes. We also have a big projector screen outside of Cameron to watch the Olympics. Todd Zafirovski will be making a special appearance and is excited to hang out and meet everyone (especially Tent 52). So come on out! Fox will be there starting at 9:30pm so let's show them and the nation that kville is the place to be!

GTHC

Ellie

GODUKEGO
02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
VA Tech is #27

#3 Nova just went down!!!

throatybeard
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Wait, is Foxsports actually going to be in Kville tonight? What for? Just curious, I guess I'll find out in a few hours if they are there and why.

They're going to expand their usual broadcasting practices and attempt to film the action on the court from a tent outside the arena.

Exiled_Devil
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
They're going to expand their usual broadcasting practices and attempt to film the action on the court from a tent outside the arena.

And yet result in some better coverage of the play on the court than 40% of what they show now.

Kfanarmy
02-15-2010, 11:57 PM
I kind of like the rankings (AP and coaches) right now....if the top 8 were seeded that way, Duke would be in a bracket with Kentucky. I think Duke would win that game.

KyDevilinIL
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I kind of like the rankings (AP and coaches) right now....if the top 8 were seeded that way, Duke would be in a bracket with Kentucky. I think Duke would win that game.

Kentucky would be on another planet for that game. The fan base would have the Cats jacked to high heaven.

Kentucky is young and hasn't exactly faced the stiffest schedule, so they could throw in a clunker at any moment in March. And young players charged up by emotion can go either way.

That said, when this UK team clicks and gets on a roll, they play a much different game than Duke plays – one we haven't seen this season and one I doubt we are built to handle. Maybe it's sandbagging a bit on my part, but I want nothing to do with a tournament game against UK this season.