PDA

View Full Version : Don't Like DeMarcus Cousins?

KYtotheCore
02-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Then you should enjoy this . . .

His facebook status: "man dis to funny ...gotta get my number changed ..AGAIN! ....miss st. fans got my number on they message boards and on twitter ...gotta hotline right now ...so far i been called 34 n-bombs ....106 bwords ...lets see wat today brings ...lmao"

mgtr
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Gee, I wonder how he is doing in Freshman English? Then again, does he care?

1999ballboy
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
I must be missing the humor here. The guy gets his privacy violated on a constant basis, people call him terrible things, he talks about it on the Internet and we're supposed to make fun of him? Uh, cool.

rsvman
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
I must be missing the humor here. The guy gets his privacy violated on a constant basis, people call him terrible things, he talks about it on the Internet and we're supposed to make fun of him? Uh, cool.

Call me old fashioned, but if you want to minimize the invasion of your privacy, wouldn't it be a good idea to not talk about it on Facebook? Doesn't anybody else see the irony?

Acymetric
02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Nope, I don't like DeMarcus Cousins. That fact remains constant.

That said, I don't understand how this happens. Pulling phone records should be easy, anyone who does this should be charged with harassment. Case seems like it would be open and shut to me. This goes for the phone calls to player's own phones and the whole "call the hotel" thing that has gotten so popular. Start prosecuting people and this will become less and less common place, with only the biggest of idiots and the people smart enough to avoid being caught continuing the trend.

Call me old fashioned, but if you want to minimize the invasion of your privacy, wouldn't it be a good idea to not talk about it on Facebook? Doesn't anybody else see the irony?

Sort of, but not really. Phone calls are much more of an invasion of privacy than anything on facebook is (you can set your privacy settings pretty tight). Why would he care who reads that status, its not like the number is given. On the other hand, he would care about people obnoxiously calling him because its annoying and disruptive! Being on facebook doesn't make invasion of privacy acceptable...do you really think it does?

Billy Dat
02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
"Public is the new Private" - Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder

It's not unusual for celebrities to receive this kind of attention. And, yes, Mr. Cousins is an SEC celebrity.

As for his language, who cares? I am sure when email came out, letter writing purists blanched at the casual spelling, punctuation, etc. Texting and twitter-speak are that much more casual.

The difference between the way Michael Jordan spoke to assembled microphones and how he'd talk to his friends was also night and day. One was a polished pitchman, the other was a smack talker using the vernacular common to his circle.

Big deal, he's a kid, give him a break.

airowe
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Best shirt at GameDay in Lexington:

http://www.zazzle.com/we_love_our_cousins_in_kentucky_tshirt-235459851227661754 (http://www.zazzle.com/we_love_our_cousins_in_kentucky_tshirt-235459851227661754)

uncwdevil
02-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Sounds to me like he's taking the shenanigans in stride.

Good for him.

Channing
02-15-2010, 02:54 PM

His facebook status: "man dis to funny ...gotta get my number changed ..AGAIN! ....miss st. fans got my number on they message boards and on twitter ...gotta hotline right now ...so far i been called 34 n-bombs ....106 bwords ...lets see wat today brings ...lmao"

This is fairly disturbing. I am not sure what context the n-bombs were used in (personally, I don't think any context is appropriate, although I know there are those who disagree and believe that its use among "friends" is sometimes acceptable). I would have hoped that the state of Mississippi, especially one of the state's flagship universities, would have come far enough along where this language was more obsolete.

roywhite
02-15-2010, 03:00 PM

KYtotheCore...

I'm puzzled as to why you post about Kentucky basketball on this forum?

The Wildcats certainly have a fine team and are back in the national discussion, but this is a Duke board.

It may surprise you, but most of us don't obsess about Kentucky basketball. Kind of a we'll deal with them when/if we have to.

SupaDave
02-15-2010, 03:15 PM
This is fairly disturbing. I am not sure what context the n-bombs were used in (personally, I don't think any context is appropriate, although I know there are those who disagree and believe that its use among "friends" is sometimes acceptable). I would have hoped that the state of Mississippi, especially one of the state's flagship universities, would have come far enough along where this language was more obsolete.

As a former resident of Starkville, MS - I'd have to say ummmm, NO and I pretty much guarantee you that none of these folks were his friends. Also, yes he is taking this in stride but it's hard to fight a faceless enemy anyway so he might as well just laugh it off. Just wait till the Kentucky fans turn on him!