02-13-2010, 12:55 PM
can bruce pull it off?

wilko
02-13-2010, 01:00 PM
I'd rather him keep it on and win....

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/events/blog/Bruce%20Pearl.jpg

DukieInBrasil
02-13-2010, 04:28 PM
it's always nice to see the Wildcats lose, plus it would reduce their lock on the #1 seed.

KyDevilinIL
02-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Lexington is absolutely beside itself today. I've never seen anything like it.

Tennessee had zero chance tonight anyway, but the reports that Wayne Chism might not play pushes the Vols' chances into negative territory, if that's even possible.

jv001
02-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Yes but TN is winning 45-44 with 13.22 12mins to go.Go Duke!

DevilHorns
02-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Im watching the game. Both of these teams are not impressive. I think we would handle UK. SEC is weak.

Cameron
02-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Kentucky will be ousted by the second weekend.

Tennessee executing very nicely tonight in Rupp. As Dick Vitale mentioned, the Vols' zone defensive scheme has really frustrated John Wall.

Although, I disagree with Vitale's notion that Wall's real talent just isn't being shown because Tennessee has decided to play zone, unlike the man-to-man defense that dominates the NBA. I'm sorry, but Kevin Durant saw his fair share of zone and "junk" defenses, and he still dominated.

The excuses I continue to hear about why Wall this or Wall that is not playing to where he could be are sickening. He is one very overrated player. He's a great talent, but nowhere near the Lew Alcindor type some comically have elevated him to.

loldevilz
02-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Kentucky was looking very mediocre for the first 3/4 of the game. They are looking better now. If they play like this is in March they might not make it to the sweet sixteen.

Newton_14
02-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I continue to be very impressed with Bledsoe. It is a shame that young man did not have the academic scores needed to get into Duke. He is a really good player.

When we first heard of him last spring, he was like the 8th best PG according to the rankings and was I believe a 3 Star. As it turns out, it was he that should have been a 5 Star ranked as the 5th or 6th best player in his class rather than say Henson or a lot of the other kids that were ranked above him.

He is a natural PG with really good ball-handling skills, has a good enough jumper to play SG, and with his size, length, and jumping ability, he could play the 3 in college as well.

It's rare you see a kid rated as low as he was blow up and be as good as he is as a freshman.

moonpie23
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Kentucky will be ousted by the second weekend.

He is one very overrated player. He's a great talent, but nowhere near the Lew Alcindor type some comically have elevated him to.

i disagree....on both points....(as much as i hate to....cause i DO hate this UK team and their coach)

bledsoe, cousins and wall are a formidable trio and could make the final four without having to meet the wrong matchup......with luck, maybe the finals. they have already shown, even at their thug-a-thonic best, that under pressure, they CAN and often DO exert their talent level... Especially Cousins..

there's no telling what wall is capable of...... imagine him staying for 4 years at UK....

KYtotheCore
02-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Im watching the game. Both of these teams are not impressive. I think we would handle UK. SEC is weak.

There was little weakness from UT the first 3/4 of the game tonight. Regardless of a weak conference, UT beat Kansas, and KY has managed to find their way around both man and zone defense from 23 teams. There are a few games that I precircled as an "L". I've been wrong on all of them. Their fans said the same thing. Duke may get their chance.

Grey Devil
02-13-2010, 11:53 PM
There was little weakness from UT the first 3/4 of the game tonight. Regardless of a weak conference, UT beat Kansas, and KY has managed to find their way around both man and zone defense from 23 teams. There are a few games that I precircled as an "L". I've been wrong on all of them. Their fans said the same thing. Duke may get their chance.

I would love for Duke to get their chance at UK.

My brother-in-law, who has historically been generally pretty mellow about UK (we go back to the '78 national championship game in our rivalry), at least as compared to the stereotypical UK fan, has turned into a raving lunatic this year, unable to hear (or listen to) any reason. I get weekly email messages from him raving about the Wildcats, Coach Cal, Wall, Bledsoe, and Patterson and how they're going to destroy every team they play.

I just sigh sadly and delete them, especially after I responded once with a message telling him to "...just wait until the Tournament." He didn't react well to that fairly mild reprove.

Maybe UK as just been "in the wilderness" too long.

Grey Devil

KYtotheCore
02-14-2010, 12:06 AM
I would love for Duke to get their chance at UK.

My brother-in-law, who has historically been generally pretty mellow about UK (we go back to the '78 national championship game in our rivalry), at least as compared to the stereotypical UK fan, has turned into a raving lunatic this year, unable to hear (or listen to) any reason. I get weekly email messages from him raving about the Wildcats, Coach Cal, Wall, Bledsoe, and Patterson and how they're going to destroy every team they play.

I just sigh sadly and delete them, especially after I responded once with a message telling him to "...just wait until the Tournament." He didn't react well to that fairly mild reprove.

Maybe UK as just been "in the wilderness" too long.

Grey Devil

I've been told I need to be more optimistic, but the reality of it is this team continues to pleasantly surprise me. I would have never guessed S. Carolina would be our stumbling block, and we have historically had trouble winning at Vandy (we'll see) but I don't know what to think anymore. I keep finding myself frustrated by letting teams play close and happy/surprised when we find a way out. Does UK have what it takes to beat Duke? No way. Have I been wrong about my predictions this year? Yes - 6 times.

DukeBlood
02-14-2010, 01:53 AM
I've been told I need to be more optimistic, but the reality of it is this team continues to pleasantly surprise me. I would have never guessed S. Carolina would be our stumbling block, and we have historically had trouble winning at Vandy (we'll see) but I don't know what to think anymore. I keep finding myself frustrated by letting teams play close and happy/surprised when we find a way out. Does UK have what it takes to beat Duke? No way. Have I been wrong about my predictions this year? Yes - 6 times.

UK does have what it takes to beat Duke, but Duke has what it takes to beat UK. If Duke is a 2-seed i'd want them matched up with UK. Kansas, Nova, Cuse I feel are a step ahead of UK.

Kentucky has played a weak schedule. I know that isn't their fault, UNC and U-Conn were supposed to both be Top-15 teams but they just aren't. The SEC is probably the 4th or 5th toughest conference(Big East, Big 12, and the ACC are all better imo). It would be a great game Duke vs. UK.

Indoor66
02-14-2010, 08:53 AM
UK does have what it takes to beat Duke, but Duke has what it takes to beat UK. If Duke is a 2-seed i'd want them matched up with UK. Kansas, Nova, Cuse I feel are a step ahead of UK.

Kentucky has played a weak schedule. I know that isn't their fault, UNC and U-Conn were supposed to both be Top-15 teams but they just aren't. The SEC is probably the 4th or 5th toughest conference(Big East, Big 12, and the ACC are all better imo). It would be a great game Duke vs. UK.

IMO, Duke will be a 2 and KY will be a 1 and we will be in the same region with the NCAA & CBS hope that we meet in the regional final! Great sports and great TV and great $$$$$.

MChambers
02-14-2010, 10:18 AM
IMO, Duke will be a 2 and KY will be a 1 and we will be in the same region with the NCAA & CBS hope that we meet in the regional final! Great sports and great TV and great $$$$$.

Only problem is that the committee will need to spread the Big East teams out, so I think it's unlikely we'd be in the same region as Ky.