PDA

View Full Version : LT to play tomorrow after all?

ChrisP
02-13-2010, 12:06 AM
A friend just pointed me to this little nugget saying that LT might actually suit up and play tomorrow against UMD!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/story/7025268/

DoubleDuke Dad
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Don't you mean Willis Reed?

ChrisP
02-13-2010, 12:24 AM
I get the reference but it's a little before my time, sorry. But you're right - probably a better comparison (assuming he actually plays). I bet Lance is dressed but does NOT get in the game tomorrow. I actually hope he rests and that we get to see Mason's coming out party. Again. Or...part 2 or...whatever).

Acymetric
02-13-2010, 01:06 AM
I was secretly hoping for this the entire time. Even hearing this from Smith I'm not sure it'll happen, but I would be ecstatic if it does. Put him in middle of the 1st if Duke needs a burst of energy...crowd goes wild seeing him check in...we'll find out tomorrow!

Huh?
02-13-2010, 10:54 AM
He needs to rest.

moonpie23
02-13-2010, 10:58 AM
well, we don't know what he really needs....however, i'm pretty confident that he WON'T play if the coaches and med staff think there is a risk.....

if he shows up on the court, i'm guessing it's ok for him...

that dave-chapell-looking-dude....

Newton_14
02-13-2010, 11:13 AM
The guys on local radio this morning have LT playing today according to their sources. Al Featherson thinks there is a chance LT plays as well. Very surprising. After listening to Coach K yesterday in his Basketball Report on the radio, I got the feeling LT would sit today and be back for the next game.

Coach said it was really good news with Lance, much better than expected and he would definitely miss less than 2 weeks. We will find out shortly I guess..

Channing
02-13-2010, 11:44 AM
isnt this what folks around here take so much pleasure making fun of Dean/Roy for?

Bluedog
02-13-2010, 12:00 PM
isnt this what folks around here take so much pleasure making fun of Dean/Roy for?

No, Dean/Roy say their players won't play all the way up until tipoff and then they start. In this case, the condition wasn't as bad as previously thought (after testing), and the team isn't afraid to disclose it. LT practiced a bit yesterday and this article was released yesterday, so it's not like "no he's not playing," and then he starts. Maryland is going into the game with the mindset that LT will get minutes. But, yeah, I get your point; there is a small distinction and some could call us hypocrites.

MChambers
02-13-2010, 12:14 PM
No, Dean/Roy say their players won't play all the way up until tipoff and then they start. In this case, the condition wasn't as bad as previously thought (after testing), and the team isn't afraid to disclose it. LT practiced a bit yesterday and this article was released yesterday, so it's not like "no he's not playing," and then he starts. Maryland is going into the game with the mindset that LT will get minutes. But, yeah, I get your point; there is a small distinction and some could call us hypocrites.

LT's injury was public, during a game, so it was obvious that he was hurt. Duke generally is pretty quiet about practice injuries and injuries that aren't obvious, but certain other schools talk a lot about their injuries, even ones that aren't obvious.

Dukeface88
02-13-2010, 12:24 PM
LT warmed up and shot with the team, Good sign.