PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Pitt 98, West Virginia 95 (3OT)

Bluedog
02-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Anybody watching this? Crazy! Double OT! Pitt had it won...91% free throw shooter misses, which would have put them up four. 5 sec left and Pitt plays no D, let them shoot open 3 to tie it. Terrible. That's a situation I feel that you need to have people attempting to rebound the free throw if for nothing else than wasting more time. I personally think Pitt should have fouled....

Duke4Ever32
02-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm on it now thanks to your post! Looks like 3OT! More entertaining than the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics.

ChrisP
02-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I'm watching too. Now headed to THIRD OT! I actually thought that shot at the end of the 2nd one was good for Pitt when I saw it in real time. Too bad...I hate Huggy Bear and WVU

Bomar
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Crazy stuff going on here! I jumped up with that last shot in the 2nd OT, but it was waved off. Announcers talking about Syr-UConn last year. Will we see OT # 6?!

Bluedog
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Too many stupid fouls by Pitt. Can't foul a player on a three. And gotta make free throws. Wannamaker just fouled out unnecessarily. I'm still hoping though....

Edit: Woodall just fouled out now! gah! terrible call. i saw nothing.

El_Diablo
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
The refs blew two big calls at the end of regulation. Pitt player dribbles twice, steps out of bounds, then passes to a teammate for the tying shot. Then, on the other end of the court, #5 on Pitt clearly knocks the ball out of bounds, but they give the ball to Pitt instead of letting WV attempt to win the game with 1.6 seconds left.

Entertaining game though. Tied in third overtime now.

Bluedog
02-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Looks like this is going to be the last OT. Pitt up one with 29 sec left. WVU ball. Go Pitt! I don't know if I like calling a TO to set up the defense when WVU has no TOs themselves left....I guess want to make sure D doesn't give butler open shot like the last 5 times.

Edit: Game over! Woo hoo!

Bomar
02-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Pitt for the win!

licc85
02-13-2010, 12:15 AM
wow, such an anticlimactic ending after such a good game, ebanks throws up a fade away jumper in the lane and then a contested 2 pointer with 5 seconds to go when they needed 3 . . . dasean butler doesn't touch the ball on either possession, they even had a time out to talk about it on the ebanks shot.

El_Diablo
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
wow, such an anticlimactic ending after such a good game, ebanks throws up a fade away jumper in the lane and then a contested 2 pointer with 5 seconds to go when they needed 3 . . . dasean butler doesn't touch the ball on either possession, they even had a time out to talk about it on the ebanks shot.

And then just stood there while McGhee (57% FT shooter) held the ball for the last 4.2 seconds of the game.

rthomas
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
The refs blew two big calls at the end of regulation. Pitt player dribbles twice, steps out of bounds, then passes to a teammate for the tying shot. Then, on the other end of the court, #5 on Pitt clearly knocks the ball out of bounds, but they give the ball to Pitt instead of letting WV attempt to win the game with 1.6 seconds left.

And the fricking ref was right there looking at the guy stepping on the line. Well Pitt still sucks. lol.