PDA

View Full Version : Epic Game on Saturday

DoubleDuke Dad
02-12-2010, 08:22 AM
No not the Duke Maryland game for first place in the ACC. I am referring to the epic game between UNC and State for sole possession of LAST place in ACC. My how the mighty have fallen! :D

flyingdutchdevil
02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
No not the Duke Maryland game for first place in the ACC. I am referring to the epic game between UNC and State for sole possession of LAST place in ACC. My how the mighty have fallen! :D

Amazing. Is it still a rivalry (UNC / State) if you're doing for dead last? Isn't there some sort of rule against that?

GODUKEGO
02-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Why are they even playing?? Is that game at the Doom Dome or RBC Center??

davekay1971
02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
I always cheer for State when they're not playing Duke. I'll be pulling for them doubly hard this weekend. State has fallen apart as the season has gone on. They don't get it into Smith consistently enough, they can't get Wood free on the perimeter for decent looks, Gonzalez now looks like their most consistent perimeter scorer (and that's not a good thing). Watching them collapse against UVa and Va Tech, it's hard to imagine how they managed to whip up so badly.

Still, if they somehow manage to elevate their game, and Kerlina plays with the lack of passion they've exhibited for the last two months (with, of course, the exception of their game against us), maybe State can pull it off.

It would be absolutely fitting, a divinely humbling experience for the Hole fans, for State, the team they treat with the most haughty mix of scorn and disrespect, to put them firmly in the ACC cellar.

I'll be sacrificing a live chicken on Saturday morning...

jimsumner
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Ironically, both schools are celebrating their 100th season of college basketball this year.

Well, maybe "celebrating" isn't the word I was looking for.

devildeac
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
unc by 15+. state looks really, really bad.:(:mad:

MChambers
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Ironically, both schools are celebrating their 100th season of college basketball this year.

Well, maybe "celebrating" isn't the word I was looking for.

I think we're the ones celebrating UNC's 100th season this year. I know I am. Hoping for another 100 like this one. (I know Jason Evans disagrees, but I'm fine with UNC not making the NCAAs for a full century.)

hurleyfor3
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
The battle for last place is on national teevee even! Espn, 4 eastern. The phenomenon reminds me of the years the Duke/unc football game would determine last place.

I think we're the ones celebrating UNC's 100th season this year. I know I am. Hoping for another 100 like this one. (I know Jason Evans disagrees, but I'm fine with UNC not making the NCAAs for a full century.)

Maybe for the next century they can switch fortunes with the Chicago Cubs. I'd be all for that.