PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Positive Things about Carolina's Season

moonpie23
02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
drum rolllllllllll...

Number 10 - Players don't have to worry about messing up their schoolwork with Post season travel !

Number 9 - No one ever asks Larry Drew II "are you reymond felton?"

number 8 - Fans don't have to remember Dean Smith's middle initial when they refer to the "Mason Plumlee Dome."

Number 7 - Fans don't have to look for unc logo stuff to wear every day.

Number 6 - Fans don't have to sit by computer waiting for the polls to be released on monday afternoons.

Number 5 - UNC fans can watch the games from home.

Number 4 - They only have to play Duke ONE more regular season game

Number 3 - Athletic endowment swells from donations to Roy Williams' "catastrophe" fund.

Number 2 - Harrison Barnes MIGHT still come to play at UNC

and the Number 1 POSITIVE thing about UNC's season this year -

THEY WON'T HAVE TO PLAY COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON AGAIN !

devildeac
02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
No additional athletic department funds spent to hang any more banners this season. (hopefully)

DukeUsul
02-12-2010, 08:30 AM
No additional athletic department funds spent to hang any more banners this season. (hopefully)

Well, they COULD pick up another 3rd place NIT finish, which would merit a banner hanging.

davekay1971
02-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Is there a banner for biggest fail for a team 1 year after winning a national championship?

GODUKEGO
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Classic !!! If I could add one more?
Fans attending will not have to mess up their palms writing TAAA in one and Heeels in the other to remember that horrible cheer. Let's keep adding. With the creativity of the fans on this site, this should be great.

slower
02-12-2010, 09:03 AM
VERY low possibility of any court-storming injuries in the Nose Dome.

**I wonder how much it would peeve Royd to have VISITING fans storm the court after a Hole loss. Couldn't some intrepid Devils buy tickets and storm the court after every home Hole loss? Just a thought ;)

Actually, I'm really liking that idea. I'm fairly certain it would push Royd over the edge of sanity. Although the celebrants would undoubtedly be risking life, limb and incarceration. Okay, maybe not such a good idea in practice. But still a GREAT idea in theory!!

moonpie23
02-12-2010, 09:15 AM
could state fans storm the court this weekend?

slower
02-12-2010, 09:27 AM

that there's some kind of trespassing or public endangerment charge (or something along those lines) that would be used if visiting fans stormed the court. Seriously, it could incite a riot (well, maybe not at the Nose Dome. Probably would just cause a lot of harrumphing and swooning by bluehairs).

But it WOULD throw Roy over the edge, I'm convinced of it. He would probably make a Krakatoa analogy or something.

Olympic Fan
02-12-2010, 10:15 AM

Storm the court? Probably not.

But I was in the Dean Dome for the 2002 State-UNC game and the end of that game was one of the most amazing scenes I ever saw. The Pack was finishing up a 77-59 victory and almost all the Tar Heel "faithful" had fled the scene of horror to beat the traffic.

Almost the only thing left were State fans and they took over the Dome. Maybe 2,000 of them ... maybe just 1,000 or so -- still they set up a "RED! ... WHITE!" chant and were louder than the normal (non-Duke) Smith Center crowd.

There was almost nobody in blue left to answer them ... and the few that were left didn't try.

I'll never forget the night the State fans took over the Dean Dome.

Lord Ash
02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
As long as we are talking about Carolina...

Can we PLEASE put an end to "so and so is a bust!" nonsense? Okay, so a player is not Kevin Durant. Fine. But let's not be so quick to write players off who have not performed as freshman, please? It will almost always come back and make us look foolish in the end.

Neals384
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
The UNC players will be able to count their wins. That was tough last year when they had more wins than fingers and toes.

CameronBlue
02-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Ooohh...That's not nice, hilarious, but mean. :D

Devilsfan
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
That's great! Is Harrison Barnes now the basketball savior at unc?

hurleyfor3
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
10. Wake beat them
9. VPI beat them
8. Clemson beat them
7. Maryland beat them
6. College of freaking Charleston beat them
5. One less month having to see them on teevee
4. Espn/cbs not going on and on about how great tar heel X is or how hard tar heel Y works
3. Potential Thursday exit means cheaper ACC Tournament tickets
2. We beat them
1. We get to beat them again

oldnavy
02-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Bojangles will start giving bisquits away with a home victory regardless the score!

CarterTheGreat
02-14-2010, 09:34 PM
free biscuts? Sign a fat boy up!!!!!

roywhite
02-14-2010, 09:59 PM
More good things:

Woody Durham gets to take most of March off
More attention for UNC women's hoops....oops, Sylvia's team has dropped 4 straight

mgtr
02-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Maybe the Holes will drop down to Division 2 or even NAIA. They could host a lot of tounaments with their facility. Alternatively, they could start their own virtual conference for schools like IIT that are internet only.

BD80
02-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Maybe the Holes will drop down to Division 2 or even NAIA. They could host a lot of tounaments with their facility. Alternatively, they could start their own virtual conference for schools like IIT that are internet only.

Just think of how many championship banners they would hang

davekay1971
02-15-2010, 08:47 AM
But I was in the Dean Dome for the 2002 State-UNC game and the end of that game was one of the most amazing scenes I ever saw. The Pack was finishing up a 77-59 victory and almost all the Tar Heel "faithful" had fled the scene of horror to beat the traffic.

Almost the only thing left were State fans and they took over the Dome. Maybe 2,000 of them ... maybe just 1,000 or so -- still they set up a "RED! ... WHITE!" chant and were louder than the normal (non-Duke) Smith Center crowd.

There was almost nobody in blue left to answer them ... and the few that were left didn't try.

I'll never forget the night the State fans took over the Dean Dome.

That night, and the NCSU-UNC football came at Kenan stadium two years ago when Russell Wilson tore them up. I was on call at the hospital, missed most of the game, and walked into the house right near the end to find my NCSU-alum wife watching the game, with the "wooooolf-pack" chant heard through the tv, echoing across the stadium.

Nobody does a better imitation of roaches with the lights turned on than UNC fans when their team is getting spanked.