PDA

View Full Version : Coach K to the Nets Rumors?

jsw12
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
First time poster, but hadn't seen this on the board yet.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Source_Mike_.html

Also, Rick Pitino's response to said rumors is priceless, from Zagoria's twitter feed:

"Pitino on Coach K to the Nets: “[He would] be a great choice. I’m gonna call his recruits tonight."'

Seems like a good rumor to put out there in order to win the affections of one LeBron James or Dwyane Wade this offseason.

weezie
02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
What a fine way to begin your posting experience.

Surely Coach K has more brains than to take on a "sitch" like the nets.

Sheesh.

Cameron
02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Good try, first time poster.

DukeUsul
02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
In what universe does ANY coach turn down the Lakers to turnaround a few years later and take a job with the Nets?

jsw12
02-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to agitate. Sincerely, not a troll and I would never think that Coach K would take it. My point was that the Nets would want to float said rumor in order to try to show LeBron that they were serious about winning with him. The Coach K luster reaches into all levels of basketball, high school, college, pro, and international.

Sorry if that came out poorly in the original post. Seriously, long time lurker and big fan since my admissions interviewer told me about the site 8 years ago.

Apologies,
Jon

PS: Feel free to lock this if its not worth discussing.

superdave
02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Dont apologize for your post. Unless of course you wrote the quote for Pitino to deliver to the media. Just preface it a little, as people have been through dozens of Coach K to the NBA threads around here.

Jumbo
02-11-2010, 10:24 PM
There's no reason to blame the poster for linking to a legitimate article. That said, I'm closing the thread before this gets ugly.