PDA

View Full Version : Let's all tip our hats to Mr. Hansbrough

DukeUsul
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
for having his jerseys retired last night.

http://i.imgur.com/9OtCt.png

Battierfan01
02-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Oh, I thought you were going to say; for getting away with the most walks in the history of college basketball.

brianl
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I read today where Coach K acknowledged him as he left the court after the game. I think we can all agree that the guy deserved the honor he received last night.

YourLandlord
02-11-2010, 01:53 PM
That was a pretty classy banner they raised to the roof -- completely folded/creased/wrinkled, like they had just taken it out of the package. Can a brotha get an iron?

alteran
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM

His mere presence in the building caused a halo officiating effect whereby the heels managed to get within 3 minutes of the end of each half without hitting the bonus.

It was just like old times.

Well, almost like old times.

superdave
02-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I wonder if Hansborough slammed into a crowd of people and climbed over their backs to get to his seats last night.

DeBlueDevil
02-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I'll respect him....but as for tip my hat...NEVER hahaha no I just can't bring myself to smile about the kid after he pretty much dominated us like he did in the past. But i'll respect the fact that he can get away with the most walks in college basketball history

nyr484
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Maybe someone here can explain this to me. What's the difference between the "front row" of retired jerseys and the rest of UNC's retired jerseys? Do they have two tiers of retired numbers where some of the retired jerseys are "better" than others? I don't get it.

Also, I thought Hansbrough already had his number retired during his senior year.

hurleyfor3
02-11-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry, IC is down the hall, then take a left, second door on the right.

hurleyfor3
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Maybe someone here can explain this to me. What's the difference between the "front row" of retired jerseys and the rest of UNC's retired jerseys? Do they have two tiers of retired numbers where some of the retired jerseys are "better" than others? I don't get it.

The jerseys in the back are "honored" and not retired. Otherwise they'd have no numbers left. I'm pretty sure there are firm criteria regarding what gets you "retired" and what merely gets you "honored," but I'd don't care enough about unc to want to learn the difference.

BlueintheFace
02-11-2010, 02:34 PM

look at the photo again.

Very well done OP.

slower
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
look at the photo again.

Very well done OP.

Seriously. nice to see that his wingmen were officially honored.

jdj4duke
02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Never no how no way.
The nearly universal disrespect shown by Hole fans to everything Duke (just take a look at the DTH for example) is too overwhelming to ever rate such a thread on a Duke site.
Call me petulant or petty but ignoring anything that could be considered positive about the Holes, and especially Mr. Travelogue, is about the best I can do. Take a look back at the comments from Hole fans about JJ when TH broke his scoring record and retake some umbrage.
You may be a more charitable fellow than I am, but get that hat tipping mess out of here.

DukeUsul
02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Never no how no way.
The nearly universal disrespect shown by Hole fans to everything Duke (just take a look at the DTH for example) is too overwhelming to ever rate such a thread.
Call me petulant or petty but ignoring what the Holes, and especially Mr. Travelogue is about the best I can do.
You may be a more charitable fellow than I am, but get that hat tipping mess out of here.
Chill dude. Follow the link.

slower
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Never no how no way.
The nearly universal disrespect shown by Hole fans to everything Duke (just take a look at the DTH for example) is too overwhelming to ever rate such a thread.
Call me petulant or petty but ignoring what the Holes, and especially Mr. Travelogue is about the best I can do.

Just click on the link (trust us) and you'll get the joke.

BoC
02-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I wonder if Hansborough slammed into a crowd of people and climbed over their backs to get to his seats last night.

Now that's funny...and accurately descriptive.

jdj4duke
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Ok- followed the link and laughing, but still don't retract. Chilled now but still feel better having vented. Thanks-
I did enjoy seeing the directions to IC also.

DUKIE V(A)
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Those three just played so dadgum hard together, but the fellas on the left and right didn't always get the credit they deserved. Nice to see the role players getting their due for a change cuz when they were doing their thing, #50 was able to travel first-class and get a lot of freebies along the way. Good lookin' out fellas.

Cameron
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Haha I was about to vent as well. Tip our hats to Tyler. What the...!!! :)

Nicely done, indeed.

elvis14
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
That's a great picture and oh so appropriate!

I think we can all agree that the guy deserved the honor he received last night.

Think again.

devildeac
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM

Classic. Absolutely classic.

:)) :)) =)) =))

Well-played

:Clap: :Clap:

Ya gotta know a little crazietalk to understand the smilies.

DukeBlueNikeShox
02-11-2010, 07:41 PM

X__________________________________

hsheffield
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
That was a pretty classy banner they raised to the roof -- completely folded/creased/wrinkled, like they had just taken it out of the package. Can a brotha get an iron?

It's because they had to run it through the washer to get all the blood off...

SeattleIrish
02-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I do like the link, and I agree that he got the benefit of the zebras most nights.

I also think he was one of the great college players. ALWAYS competed hard and played with passion. Not a ton of physical talent, but a huge heart. I hated seeing him (et al) beat us time and time again, but I loved watching him play.

Great player.

s.i.

Kewlswim
02-12-2010, 03:02 AM
I do like the link, and I agree that he got the benefit of the zebras most nights.

I also think he was one of the great college players. ALWAYS competed hard and played with passion. Not a ton of physical talent, but a huge heart. I hated seeing him (et al) beat us time and time again, but I loved watching him play.

Great player.

s.i.

Hi,

I think the thread pictures were very funny. Thanks. However, I never liked watching him play and am glad he is gone. I think he got away with way too much at the expense of my beloved Blue Devils. As I've mentioned before I am never ready to give an inch, not one single solitary inch. So, I won't tip my hat and he is lucky I don't wave my .... oh forget it, there are kids in the room.

GO DUKE!