PDA

View Full Version : The Mason Dome

moonpie23
02-10-2010, 11:57 PM
he owns it......!!!!!

yeah, he made some dumb fouls, but he is gonna dominate !!

here's to 3 more wins for mason there.......then we can wipe that smirk off hanstravels's face...

roywhite
02-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Just another (dark) Blue Light special at the Chapel Hill Coach K-Mart.

David
02-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Mason's reverse dunk was off the charts. Wow! As Coach K said in his post-game presser, that play was a game-changer. Looking forward to many more of those type plays from the Plumlee brothers.

moonpie23
02-11-2010, 12:49 AM
someone else mentioned that it could be a signature move for him.....has anyone ever "patented" that move?

get position, get ball, "back-dunk"...

high percentange

now. just QUIT REACHING OVER THE BACK....

-bdbd
02-11-2010, 12:59 AM
he owns it......!!!!!

yeah, he made some dumb fouls, but he is gonna dominate !!

here's to 3 more wins for mason there.......then we can wipe that smirk off hanstravels's face...

With a non-trivial injury to LT, we are REALLY going to need great play going forward out of Mason and Andre!!

:eek:

elvis14
02-11-2010, 08:50 AM
With a non-trivial injury to LT, we are REALLY going to need great play going forward out of Mason and Andre!!

:eek:

Make that Mason, Andre and Ryan!

Mr Blue Devil
02-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Make that Mason, Andre and Ryan!

And Miles and Zoub!

dukeblue42323
02-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Mason's reverse dunk was off the charts. Wow! As Coach K said in his post-game presser, that play was a game-changer. Looking forward to many more of those type plays from the Plumlee brothers.

I agree that was an amazing dunk

Memphis Devil
02-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure the shot of the ref talking to Mason after the reverse dunk was about him slapping the backboard. He has done this several times in the past and wouldn't be suprised to see the next one followed by a technical. This is a bad habit that alot of kids pick up in AAU/High School ball.

Anyways, it was a great play by Mason and definitely a momentum boost for the good guys.

YourLandlord
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure the shot of the ref talking to Mason after the reverse dunk was about him slapping the backboard. He has done this several times in the past and wouldn't be suprised to see the next one followed by a technical. This is a bad habit that alot of kids pick up in AAU/High School ball.

Anyways, it was a great play by Mason and definitely a momentum boost for the good guys.

He got a T for the last one.

Jderf
02-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Backboard slap or not, that dunk was THE turning point of the game. It came in what was an incredibly tight game beforehand, when we were tied 45-45, and gave our boys the momentum to put it away down the stretch. I don't care what happens from here, Mason's season is vindicated by that dunk. I mean, damn. just, damn.

- jderf

Acymetric
02-11-2010, 09:19 AM

Really? I don't recall him getting a technical or them shooting free throws...

moonpie23
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
he didn't get a T last night....

DukieInBrasil
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I was very pleased with Mason's game last night. Beyond the rebs (9) and points (7) he played 27 minutes to compensate for Miles' 13.
Now that LT is injured I have to believe that Mason will be starting vs MD.

Battierfan01
02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I think that we are seeing just the beginning of how great Mason can be at Duke. I really think that he is going to be a special player. He is already one of my favorites on this team. He played great in his first trip to the Dean Dump!! Keep it up Mason.

DukeBlueNikeShox
02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I thought it was the Williams/Boozer/Dunleavy Dome - since they were a perfect 3-0 there.

Newton_14
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Sorry but that is not correct. Mason did not get a T in the Wake game. He got chastised by the ref for woofing, but definitely did not get a technical for anything. I did not see him slap the backboard after last night's dunk, but he may have. Did not see a ref say anything to him though...

RockLobster
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm not saying Mason shouldn't get a T if he slaps the backboard, but what they decide is "unsportsmanlike" is rather arbitrary.

If Mason can get a T for that, I want to see Will Graves get one for strutting down the court and bobbing his head after making a shot.

gep
02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
... I did not see him slap the backboard after last night's dunk, but he may have. Did not see a ref say anything to him though...

I saw Mason and the ref talking after Mason's dunk (then after a unc possession), and I thought it was for what I thought was excessive hanging on the rim. I also didn't think I saw him slap the backboard. But if you go to the dukeblueplanet.com site and watch the top-5 from the unc game, Mason did slap the backboard just after he let go of the rim.

sagegrouse
02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
If Mason can get a T for that, I want to see Will Graves get one for strutting down the court and bobbing his head after making a shot.

Will Graves's monster shot and big-time strut were the last gasp for the Heels.

The fact is, Duke shut them down the last ten minutes of the game. Graves's miracle shot was was in desperation. They never made another meaningful shot after that.

It's OK, Will, as far as I'm concerned, to strut while you are walking the plank.

sagegrouse
'Snowshoe (varied) hare just sighted in my backyard!'

Newton_14
02-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I saw Mason and the ref talking after Mason's dunk (then after a unc possession), and I thought it was for what I thought was excessive hanging on the rim. I also didn't think I saw him slap the backboard. But if you go to the dukeblueplanet.com site and watch the top-5 from the unc game, Mason did slap the backboard just after he let go of the rim.

Thanks. Wow, I totally missed that in live action. I hope to see more dunks like that in the future. Hopefully he can eliminate the board slap to avoid the grief with the refs and prevent a taunting technical...

El_Diablo
02-12-2010, 12:30 AM
With all the trash-talking and taunting that has pervaded the game, I don't see why a quick slap of the backboard is such a taboo.

Ginyard made a much bigger show after hitting a layup and drawing a foul. Should Mason have just stood there, tilted his head back, and screamed for 2.5 seconds? Would that be better, Mister Referee? :confused:

Bob Green
02-12-2010, 12:51 AM

Prior to getting too indignant about Will Graves' strutting, take a good look at your avatar. Redick could strut with the best of them after making a long 3-pointer. Playing the game is supposed to be fun.

Acymetric
02-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Playing the game is supposed to be fun.

Exactly. Honestly, I'll catch myself ripping a player for something like this, and I realize that I would be much worse if I had any kind of legitimate basketball talent. I would much rather have players bobbing their head as the run down the court than have them shoving players after the whistle or committing hard fouls on fast-breakers.

RockLobster
02-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Prior to getting too indignant about Will Graves' strutting, take a good look at your avatar. Redick could strut with the best of them after making a long 3-pointer. Playing the game is supposed to be fun.

I actually agree with you. I don't think I explained myself very well. My point is CONSISTENCY. In my opinion both gestures are on about the same "level." If I were Overlord of the Universe those things wouldn't be technicals. But if one is, the other should be.