PDA

View Full Version : ACC road troubles abound...

CDu
02-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Georgia Tech is currently down 14 to Miami(!) at the half. FSU is down 13 to Clemson at the half.

Hopefully, we break that trend later tonight and jump all over UNC.

But the more I watch, the more I think the rest of this conference is just a bunch of mediocre teams. Even the good teams (Wake and Maryland) have each lost to a William & Mary team that is 8-5 in their own conference with other losses to Harvard and UNC-W.

Newton_14
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Georgia Tech is currently down 14 to Miami(!) at the half. FSU is down 13 to Clemson at the half.

Hopefully, we break that trend later tonight and jump all over UNC.

But the more I watch, the more I think the rest of this conference is just a bunch of mediocre teams. Even the good teams (Wake and Maryland) have each lost to a William & Mary team that is 8-5 in their own conference with other losses to Harvard and UNC-W.

Not sure what to make of the conference anymore. I did lose all the faith I had left in Ga Tech being a good team last Saturday. Watching them fall apart at home to NC State in the last 5 minutes was beyond anything I have ever seen from a "good" team. I do not recall ever seeing a team lose a 16 point lead as quickly as they did in that game.

FSU is hardly any better. I am beginning to think I have more faith in Wake than any of the other teams chasing us in the ACC...But aside from Duke I would not put money on any of the others to win a game in the NCAA tourney.

superdave
02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Are there any great teams this year? I so no.

Nova and Cuse are really good. Gtown is capable but inconsistent.

Texas is slipping. Kansas is really good, but I dont fear them. No one out west is too exciting.

Unc beat Michigan State so, no.

Hmmm....no great teams, no one is scary, no great conferences.

CDu
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Not sure what to make of the conference anymore. I did lose all the faith I had left in Ga Tech being a good team last Saturday. Watching them fall apart at home to NC State in the last 5 minutes was beyond anything I have ever seen from a "good" team. I do not recall ever seeing a team lose a 16 point lead as quickly as they did in that game.

FSU is hardly any better. I am beginning to think I have more faith in Wake than any of the other teams chasing us in the ACC...But aside from Duke I would not put money on any of the others to win a game in the NCAA tourney.

I agree. I think Wake and Maryland are clearly the second- and third-best teams in the country. But I can't help but look at the fact that they lost to William & Mary and wonder if they're really that good either. In fairness, Wake does have a nice OOC win at Gonzaga.

I think if Maryland makes the tournament, their backcourt can win them a game or two. But I don't think they could get past the Sweet-16 (and I'd be pretty surprised if they made it even that far).

FSU, Clemson, Va Tech, and Ga Tech all sort of fall in the highly mediocre department for me. And the rest are bubble teams or worse.

Vincetaylor
02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Are there any great teams this year? I so no.

Nova and Cuse are really good. Gtown is capable but inconsistent.

Texas is slipping. Kansas is really good, but I dont fear them. No one out west is too exciting.

Unc beat Michigan State so, no.

Hmmm....no great teams, no one is scary, no great conferences.

The Big East is a great conference.