PDA

View Full Version : Scheyer up for Cousy Award, too -- voting help needed!

-jk
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
In addition to the Senior CLASS award, Jon Scheyer is also one of the finalists for the Cousy Award, which goes to the nation's top point guard. There's a fan-vote component, except the Cousy people aren't that bright. Instead of using cookies, they merely ask for an e-mail address to vote.

Except they never verify the address.

Meaning you can use as many different (fake) addresses as you want to vote as many times as you want. Ethical? Well, it's their setup.

It looks like Kentucky fans made an early effort at a skew for Wall. Harvard is doing the same for Jeremy Lin and Maryland has jumped in for Greivis Vasquez. But we can overwhelm them. Here's how to do it.

Go here: http://cousyaward.com/vote.php (http://cousyaward.com/vote.php)
Enter an "e-mail" address, say abcd@efgh.com (abcd@efgh.com). Copy it to save
Click to continue.
Check the box next to Scheyer and click "no" in both areas asking if you'd like additional info.
Click submit
Click "Click Here to Return Back (http://cousyaward.com/vote.php?clean=1)"
Paste the old address back in, and add a 1, so it's abcd1@efgh.com (abcd1@efgh.com).

Lather, rinse, repeat, just adding a different number each time to make it a unique address.
Pass this along to other Duke fans. If enough people are bored at work each day, we could direct thousands of votes Scheyer's way! If you know how to script, try that!

Jumbo
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I have to imagine someone at one of those other schools designed some sort of auto-vote program. That said, we have more than enough fans with more than enough time on their hands to vote throughout the day.
Think this deserves its own thread?

Edit: He's at 2.5% right now. Any volunteers to see how much of a dent a few Duke fans can make in a few hours?

SilkyJ
02-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I have to imagine someone at one of those other schools designed some sort of auto-vote program.

What, you don't think the Harvard kid got into first place on his own merit?

Jumbo
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Ha. It's been really funny to watch each day of this, when a different fanbase discovers the poll's flaw. Wall was at like 45% at the start. Then a couple of days ago, Harvard figured stuff out and Lin shot past him. Yesterday, Vasquez was below Scheyer. By the end of the day, I think he was leading. Now Lin's way in front again. Which just goes to show that a big hit from a ton of Duke fans can do major damage. I seriously wonder whether some of these people are running programs, though. I don't know anything about computers, but maybe someone who does could figure it out.

SCMatt33
02-10-2010, 04:42 PM

I do. He probably created the program himself. ;)

superdave
02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I just voted about a dozen times and JS went from 2.5 to 2.6. I'm guessing that was not the most efficient use of my time.

SCMatt33
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I just voted about a dozen times and JS went from 2.5 to 2.6. I'm guessing that was not the most efficient use of my time.

Hate to make it worse, but I was voting at the same time, so it took more than just that.

Speaking of efficiency and for those who are interested, the final award is given based on a vote of a 30 member committee made up of coaches, HOFers, etc. The winner of the fan vote receives a single vote in the final committee vote. I'm not discouraging anyone from voting, I'm still doing it, but it won't help to get Scheyer to 15% and third place. It's an all or nothing deal.

Jumbo
02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Hate to make it worse, but I was voting at the same time, so it took more than just that.

Speaking of efficiency and for those who are interested, the final award is given based on a vote of a 30 member committee made up of coaches, HOFers, etc. The winner of the fan vote receives a single vote in the final committee vote. I'm not discouraging anyone from voting, I'm still doing it, but it won't help to get Scheyer to 15% and third place. It's an all or nothing deal.

Less talking, more voting! In all seriousness, let's just see how many of us constantly voting for a few hours it'll take to make significant move. If Vasquez can move from like 1.8% to 25% in a day, clearly we can do the same for JS.

El_Diablo
02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
2.7%!

BlueintheFace
02-10-2010, 05:08 PM
....my fingers hurt.

SCMatt33
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
....my fingers hurt.

Oh, well now your back's gonna hurt, cuz you just pulled landscaping duty. Anyone else's fingers hurt? Didn't think so.

Jumbo
02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
2.8%. Call your friends! ;)

El_Diablo
02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
roy.williams@unc.edu just voted for Scheyer. And yes, he WOULD like to receive additional information...

ivydevil
02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
roy.williams@unc.edu just voted for Scheyer. And yes, he WOULD like to receive additional information...

Oh, that's just precious!

chrisheery
02-10-2010, 06:32 PM
For what it is worth, Lin is actually really good. His coach, who knows something about talent and what it takes to play at the highest level in college, has said that he thinks he is talented enough to play in the NBA and start at a high level program.

hq2
02-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Does anyone really believe that anybody will beat John Wall?

weezie
02-10-2010, 08:04 PM
....my fingers hurt.

It's the least we can do for Jon! Bleed fingers, bleed!

Jumbo
02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
OK, there has to be some computer nerd who can figure something out here, right? Look at Jeremy Lin's numbers -- there's no way that some Harvard geek hasn't figured out an auto-vote program.

SilkyJ
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
2.8%. Call your friends! ;)

For Demarcus a few years back I created a Facebook group and got a couple hundred people doing this every day, and it really worked. If someone has some time this weekend, doing that would make a big difference.

Jumbo
02-12-2010, 02:10 PM
For Demarcus a few years back I created a Facebook group and got a couple hundred people doing this every day, and it really worked. If someone has some time this weekend, doing that would make a big difference.

Can't you create another Facebook group the same way, then?

camcraz25
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Why is a Harvard basketball player in the lead for this award?? Get on this! You can vote once a day :)
http://www.cousyaward.com/vote.php

ivydevil
02-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Because Harvard has been flooding all of its message boards to get Jeremy Lin more votes...

Jim3k
02-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Because Harvard has been flooding all of its message boards to get Jeremy Lin more votes...

I don't really mind Harvard stuffing the box for Lin, but to say that KY is stuffing for Wall is really wrong-headed.

But Jon is really far behind. Maybe we should stuff for Lin.

Jumbo
02-19-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't really mind Harvard stuffing the box for Lin, but to say that KY is stuffing for Wall is really wrong-headed.

But Jon is really far behind. Maybe we should stuff for Lin.

They all are. Just about anyone with a decent score is a result of some person/people running auto-vote programs.