PDA

View Full Version : Barnes

Tim1515
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
"Honestly, I really didn't have a second choice," Barnes said. "It was that clear-cut."

I probably shouldn't care but i followed Harrison's recruitment more than i'd like to admit and will remember that press conference for a long time. Hearing the statement above is really annoying and i'm sure the staff would feel the same

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4900463

oldnavy
02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Just one more item in a long list of reasons why to hate UNC!

lpd1982
02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Mr. Barnes better get a hell of a lot more media savvy fast. What a great opportunity he had to tip his hand at some of the other teams and smooth over some rough edges. As a matter of fact, the more I hear from HB the more I think it really is that clear that he was right, he should not be a Blue Devil.

David
02-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree that the Barnes recruitment was frustrating, but what does Barnes gain by declaring Duke second place? What would Duke gain if he did?

Moving forward, the best thing Duke can do make his life miserable on the court next season.

airowe
02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think we ever had a chance:

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/dec/13/sports/chi-1213-barnesdec13

How tall are you?

“I’m 6-8 with shoes on,” Harrison Barnes said.

Across the living room his mother, Shirley Barnes, squirmed.

“What? You’re going to list your real height this year?” she asked.

“Of course,” Barnes said.

“I thought you were still playing the 6-6 game.”

I’m not sure I follow you …

“It’s because Michael did it,” Barnes explained.

As in Michael Jordan.

“He was 6-6,” Barnes said. “That was the only thing I wanted to be. I wanted to be 6-6 my whole life, and then it was so funny when I got to meet him. I was way taller than he was.”

“I think it’s just a matter of how dedicated you are to the game,” he said. “Michael Jordan, he came out of North Carolina’s Laney High. Nobody knew about him until after he went to North Carolina.”

When he finally met Jordan during a visit to the North Carolina campus this fall, Barnes soaked up every moment. He watched how Jordan spoke, how he carried himself, how he moved.

Jordan even gave him some advice.

“He just said, ‘No matter what you do, continue to work hard and you’ll be successful wherever you go,’ ” Barnes said.

His middle name is Jordan. Jordan highlight videos were his cartoons.

He is at least a Sophomore (maybe 2nd semester), something we couldn't offer him.

RoyalBlue08
02-10-2010, 01:57 PM
What do you expect the kid to say? I really wanted to go to Duke too but I had to choose one? Of course he is going to say that UNC is THE school for him. I doubt the coaching staff is paying any attention to what he is saying. I'm sure they have moved on.

oldnavy
02-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Don't worry about Barnes, he will be at UNC three weeks and then roll his ankle!

wilko
02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
What do you expect the kid to say? I really wanted to go to Duke too but I had to choose one? Of course he is going to say that UNC is THE school for him. I doubt the coaching staff is paying any attention to what he is saying. I'm sure they have moved on.

I expect him to say " Roys' done lost his mind... no way am I playing for that psycho... How do I get out of my LOI?"

roywhite
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
As we look at the Roy Williams thread today on this page, it seems that HB and Roy are a matched pair.

Won't be hard to root against HB, his light blue teammates, and Coach Roy.

MulletMan
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Who is this "Barnes" you speak of, and why are we bothering to talk about him/her?

Indoor66
02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Who is this "Barnes" you speak of, and why are we bothering to talk about him/her?

Is Barnes one of Sylvia's recruits?

Azdukefan
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM

I think the she in question is a MJ disciple who likes to pretend that she likes other programs/coaches in order to boister the number of Skype contacts available to her.

OldSchool
02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I doubt the coaching staff is paying any attention to what he is saying. I'm sure they have moved on.

Agreed. Coach K when asked about John Wall: "I don't talk about friends I don't have, or women I didn't marry. I don't talk about players I don't coach."

I am sure the same applies to Barnes.

SupaDave
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Agreed. Coach K when asked about John Wall: "I don't talk about friends I don't have, or women I didn't marry. I don't talk about players I don't coach."

I am sure the same applies to Barnes.

Good point. Time to close this one...