PDA

View Full Version : Todd Leary in BIG trouble

Olympic Fan
02-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Anybody else remember the frantic final moments of the 1992 national semifinal game between Duke and Indiana?

Duke, down at the half, fought back thanks to some great play by Bobby Hurley and an ill-timed technical on Bob Knight. The Devils seemed to be in good shape in the final minutes, except that with Brian Davis hurt and a bunch of players in foul trouble, Coach K was running out of players.

Indiana was in the same shape. As a result, the end of the game turned into a bizarre duel between two guys who rarely played that season -- Duke's Marty Clark and Indiana's Todd Leary.

Leary, who didn't play in the game's first 39 minutes, came off the bench and hit three 3-pointers in the final 55 seconds to give the Hoosiers a chance for a remarkable comeback. Duke was only able to hold them off when Clark -- who only played the final 105 seconds -- knocked down five of six free throws in that time. Duke held on for an 81-78 victory and 48 hours later beat Michigan for Coach K's second straight national title.

Leary went on to become a real estate agent and the color commentator for Indiana basketball. Last week, just hours before he was scheduled to do the Purdue at Indiana game, Leary was arrested for 17 felony counts of fraud:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/05/crimesider/entry6176857.shtml

All I can say is "Wow!"

sagegrouse
02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Leary went on to become a real estate agent and the color commentator for Indiana basketball. Last week, just hours before he was scheduled to do the Purdue at Indiana game, Leary was arrested for 17 felony counts of fraud:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/05/crimesider/entry6176857.shtml

All I can say is "Wow!"

Double wow! Do you think Len Elmore and Dick Vitale are beginning to sweat? I mean, Todd Leary has done nothing compared to what those master criminals have pulled off.

sagegrouse

CameronBornAndBred
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
At least Marty has kept his nose clean since then...but that goes without saying. He doesn't foul.