PDA

View Full Version : THIS Season isn't even close to being over...

Kewlswim
02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Hi,

I keep reading threads where people write about players getting this or that playing time next year or who might do this or that next year. Sheesh, this season isn't even over yet. We have a ton of hoops left to play.

I intend to enjoy watching this year's seniors play. I love watching Jon run the show. I think Zoubs is having a great year as is Lance. For goodness sakes, let's not put a stake into our own team!!

I still think these goals are well within our reach:

Regular Season ACC Title.
ACC Tournament Title.
1 or 2 Seed in NCAA Tournament.

With a bit of good fortune (as in who we are bracketed with) an NCAA Final Four...and with a bounce here or there even an NCAA Championship.

I am not going give up on this team, this coach, or this University. I would appreciate it if people would start enjoying this ride because there is a lot left to go for. There is no reason to keep beating the future into the ground when the present is so bright.

GTHC!!!

GO DUKE!

1999ballboy
02-09-2010, 04:02 AM
We can momentarily focus on either the present or the future. We're just fans. We'll talk about Duke basketball, live our lives, then get bored and talk about some other aspect of Duke basketball, and then go do something else. Complaints aside (and most of them drive me crazy too), I think most, if not all, of the people on this board are enjoying this season, but speculation is a fun part of being a fan.

CDu
02-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I keep reading threads where people write about players getting this or that playing time next year or who might do this or that next year. Sheesh, this season isn't even over yet. We have a ton of hoops left to play.

I intend to enjoy watching this year's seniors play. I love watching Jon run the show. I think Zoubs is having a great year as is Lance. For goodness sakes, let's not put a stake into our own team!!

I still think these goals are well within our reach:

Regular Season ACC Title.
ACC Tournament Title.
1 or 2 Seed in NCAA Tournament.

With a bit of good fortune (as in who we are bracketed with) an NCAA Final Four...and with a bounce here or there even an NCAA Championship.

I am not going give up on this team, this coach, or this University. I would appreciate it if people would start enjoying this ride because there is a lot left to go for. There is no reason to keep beating the future into the ground when the present is so bright.

GTHC!!!

GO DUKE!

One can be excited about next year AND still be excited about this year. The two are not mutually exclusive. Just because we can't help but be excited about the possibilities that next year brings doesn't mean we aren't excited about this year.

This is a message board. There's only so much that can be said about this season in between games. Thus, it's natural to discuss the future (and even the past) as well.