PDA

View Full Version : goodman article on singler

strawbs
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
just read this article, thought i'd post it to share with everyone.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Changing-positions-slowed-Kyle-Singler%27s-progress-at-Duke-020610

BlueintheFace
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM
So accurate. Great assessment.

strawbs
02-07-2010, 01:16 PM
i agree. i also thought it was interesting that goodman brought up the idea that singler might not go pro.

CDu
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Great article, and it pretty much sums up the situation perfectly. I was very excited that we finally got Singler back to catching and shooting/finishing, rather than trying to create off the dribble. The team needs to focus on playing to his strengths.

RoyalBlue08
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I really liked reading this article too. It's seems like K and Kyle are on the same page as far as how to improve Kyle's game going forward. That kid has such a great attitude and is such a warrior. He is so easy to cheer for!

LetItBD08
02-07-2010, 11:01 PM
"Smith, who tied Scheyer for game-high honors with 21 points apiece, is averaging 18.1 points and is shooting 34 percent from 3-point land."

Plus or minus 10 percent

Bluedevil114
02-08-2010, 07:04 AM
With the team we will have next year that may entice Singler to want to come back anyways. If he does come back he will probably be the most complete player in Duke history even ahead of Shane Battier. He will have to move back to the 4 spot and will get some run at the 3 in certain situations. He will get bigger in the weightroom and overall he will compete for player of the year and a retired jersey.

Singler much like Battier is a born Winner!!

KyDevilinIL
02-08-2010, 08:22 AM
With the team we will have next year that may entice Singler to want to come back anyways. If he does come back he will probably be the most complete player in Duke history even ahead of Shane Battier. He will have to move back to the 4 spot and will get some run at the 3 in certain situations. He will get bigger in the weightroom and overall he will compete for player of the year and a retired jersey.

Singler much like Battier is a born Winner!!

Much as I'd love to see it, Kyle's got a ways to go before he's Shane's equal or better, in my opinion.

rotogod00
02-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Much as I'd love to see it, Kyle's got a ways to go before he's Shane's equal or better, in my opinion.

agreed. gotta lead the team to a national championship to even be in the conversation.

Lord Ash
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
agreed. gotta lead the team to a national championship to even be in the conversation.

That, and be the DBR-designated Greatest Duke Player Ever. Otherwise, he is on track!

:D