PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Maryland 92, UNC-CH 71

wallyman
02-06-2010, 05:03 PM
So who to root for, the team that's 5-2 and right behind us or the team that 2-5? Or more accurately who to root against more? :

:confused:

RockLobster
02-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I think someone else on this board (can't remember who) came up with a best-case scenario: Chapel Hill loses, but Maryland has to vacate the win.

Anyway, I look for Maryland to win this game by 10-15 points. I actually think MD will have an easier time with Chapel Hill than we will.

As far as who to pull for - you NEVER root for Chapel Hill unless Duke NEEDS them to win for some reason.

Dukeface88
02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
The only reasons I would not root against Chapel Hill Community College is if it either helps us substantially (pulling further ahead from Maryland isn't enough), or it means we get to play them in the NCAA tournament. The first because it's really cheering for Duke by proxy, and the second because it would be epic.

CDu
02-06-2010, 05:14 PM
We control our own destiny against Maryland, and Maryland has a tougher second-half schedule than us. Plus, a UNC loss dims their tourney chances to virtually nonexistent. Plus, there are very few scenarios where you ever cheer for your biggest rival in a conference game midseason. All signs point to cheering for Maryland in this one.

CameronBornAndBred
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
ABC!

wallyman
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Agree and can't remember a time when rooting for the Holes was a possibility.
But, if you forget who is 2-5, at any other time you'd be rooting against the team that's 5-2. Big if, however.

RockLobster
02-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Agree and can't remember a time when rooting for the Holes was a possibility.
But, if you forget who is 2-5, at any other time you'd be rooting against the team that's 5-2. Big if, however.

I'm rooting for Maryland (painfully), but if Chapel Hill wins, it won't be awful...it WOULD help us more in the standings. Not enough to pull for those clowns, though.

The question is - would we rather play CH coming off a win or loss against MD? I think a loss would put them into farther disarray. A win would do nothing but help their mental state. CH is not a team that plays well under desperate circumstances, which will certainly be present on Wednesday if they lose to MD.

Newton_14
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Easiest choice I have had in a long time: Go Terps! Win by 30 if you can.

GTHC GTH

PumpkinFunk
02-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm rooting for a physical game in which both teams beat the living crap out of each other and very small win by Maryland. A blowout gets the Holes fired up post-embarrasment for Wednesday and gets the Twerps cocky for Saturday, too.

As a proud DC resident, Maryland is the ACC team I have the hardest time cheering for in the ABC vein. I do it, but it hurts me somewhere deep down in my soul.

RockLobster
02-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm rooting for a physical game in which both teams beat the living crap out of each other and very small win by Maryland. A blowout gets the Holes fired up post-embarrasment for Wednesday and gets the Twerps cocky for Saturday, too.

As a proud DC resident, Maryland is the ACC team I have the hardest time cheering for in the ABC vein. I do it, but it hurts me somewhere deep down in my soul.

This is because they have even worse fans than Chapel Hill, which is hard to do. I knew Dukies from the DC area when I was there, and it seems the Maryland people are about as bad as they say.

dukelifer
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Difficult choice. Don't want Carolina feeling good about themselves going into Wed. But hard to pull for Maryland. I agree that a triple overtime game would be best- with a two day stay in the hotel in Md for the heels.

ReformedAggie
02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I cannot imagine any scenerio that would make it appropriate to cheer on the Orange Technical Institute...well ok, if we were invaded by evil beings who landed on the OTI court and Roy was our last line of defense before the human race was obliterated then MAYBE. I hope the turtles and tar heels beat the crapola out of one another, get into some kind of inbred argument with perhaps fisticuffs and hurled objects resulting in game suspensions and that the final score has the ninja turtle team up by at least 40. I'll be watching:D

Indoor66
02-06-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm rooting for a physical game in which both teams beat the living crap out of each other and very small win by Maryland.

And then a 20 hour trip to Chapel Hill - leaving from the game and waiting in the teminal for 14 hours to get on the plane and then 4 hours on the runway for takeoff!

sagegrouse
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Of course, we want the Terps to win. If we have to beat UMd to win the ACC regular season, so be it. Our fans deserve to see Carolina have a losing ACC season.

Being somewhat Machiavellian, I would like HS stars to see good O' Roy lose 15+ games with a roster full of McD A-A's. It would expose the coaching weaknesses down 15-501.

sagegrouse

Vincetaylor
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Maryland fans are the worst I've ever encountered in the ACC. Their immense hatred of Duke is actually kind of frightening as is their total lack of class. If I weren't a Duke fan, I would definitely be cheering for UNC tomorrow because they really are a lot more likable than Maryland(putting my Duke bias aside). However, I am a Duke fan so it's always hard to cheer for the Heels.

Georgiadevil
02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I perdict a dadgummit or 50,several cars turned over and a riot in the streets ,the sissy blue leaving with their tail between their legs after the beatdown.Go Twerps for 1 game!

BD80
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I cannot imagine any scenerio that would make it appropriate to cheer on the Orange Technical Institute...well ok, if we were invaded by evil beings who landed on the OTI court and Roy was our last line of defense before the human race was obliterated then MAYBE. I hope the turtles and tar heels beat the crapola out of one another, get into some kind of inbred argument with perhaps fisticuffs and hurled objects resulting in game suspensions and that the final score has the ninja turtle team up by at least 40. I'll be watching:D

Nope, I would root for the aliens.

Easy to see why they would land in chapel hell, if they were to give the earth an anal probe, where else would they land?

And then a 20 hour trip to Chapel Hill - leaving from the game and waiting in the teminal for 14 hours to get on the plane and then 4 hours on the runway for takeoff!

After four hours on the runway, they decide to charter a bus, which makes it 40 miles before sliding off the highway, pinning the entire team in the bus (without injury). The rescue is delayed when the State troopers are unable to stop laughing for hours, laughing so hard they can't even point to the clearly marked and unobstructed emergency exit.

I want the heels to lose. Let the finger pointing continue. It would amuse me to have the players see ol' roy to be the two-faced charlatan with the depth of tissue paper that he is. Should the dissatisfaction rise to the level that easy ed would rather go in the 2nd round rather than spend another year being ridden by ol' roy, all's the better.

JDev
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Is there any way possible for them both to lose?

Since I know the answer to that, ABC as always.

Georgiadevil
02-06-2010, 07:48 PM
If the holes get stuck in the snow will Roy blame it on being a young team?dadgummit!!!

basket1544
02-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm more worried about the Syracuse UConn game that ESPN is showing before The Game on Wednesday. I really hope that ESPN has a backup plan for when the Duke UNC game starts. I don't want to sit watching the Orangemen shoot free throws instead of watching The Game.
GTHC

Devilsfan
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Don't count ol'roy out. Everyone knows he can really coach when he has three first round NBA players in his starting line-up. Oh wait, that was last year. This year he really has to coach. Thank goodness (for him) he can recruit.

cspan37421
02-06-2010, 09:07 PM
MD fans have proven to be the lowest class in the ACC - I would have no trouble rooting against them in favor of UNC. There are some upsides too - if we play well enough to beat UNC this year, twice hopefully, it would be better IMO if such an achievement were NOT able to be downplayed on the excuse that it was a one-off bad year for UNC.

Believe me, I see UNC as our #1 rival, and Maryland more like a pest that should be swatted. But I would prefer to see MD and their "best in the ACC coach" go implode and have their season, well, snowball into the abyss.

moonpie23
02-06-2010, 09:18 PM
i would root for the taliban to win over unc with osama hitting the fade-a-way over deon's outstretched hand.......and getting the foul to put deon outta the game as well...

ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC ABC

buddy
02-06-2010, 09:28 PM
What Moonpie said!

Newton_14
02-06-2010, 09:44 PM
i would root for the taliban to win over unc with osama hitting the fade-a-way over deon's outstretched hand.......and getting the foul to put deon outta the game as well...

I like you more everyday!! My thoughts exactly!
GTHC GTH

dyedwab
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
...who once wrote on this board.

We have ONE archrival. It is not Maryland.

I live in DC, and I agree that the Maryland fan base is intolerable when it comes to their Duke hatred. The only time I have literally felt unsafe while watching a sporting event was years ago watching Duke/MD game at a bar.

But we have ONE archrival.

GTHC, GTH

BD80
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
i would root for the taliban to win over unc with osama hitting the fade-a-way over deon's outstretched hand.......

Interesting, osama would be extremely safe if he stayed in the paint against the heels.
He might get lonely, but he would be safe from aggression.

DevilHorns
02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I live in Baltimore now, and you know what, Maryland fans in general aren't as bad as everyone says they are. That said, there are a lot of Maryland student fans that attend games and shout out obscenities in unison. I guess I don't really cross paths with those characters in Baltimore.

And to repeat what everyone else has stated-- Lets hope Maryland beats UNC by 50.

elvis14
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Maryland is not our rival. Here's the complete and unabridged list of reasons to root for UNC CH:

CameronBlue
02-06-2010, 11:14 PM
But I would prefer to see MD and their "best in the ACC coach" go implode and have their season, well, snowball into the abyss.

Against UNC? No you wouldn't, you're confused. So please just stop, you're giving me the willies.

cspan37421
02-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Against UNC? No you wouldn't, you're confused. So please just stop, you're giving me the willies.

The Duke-UNC rivalry is better when both teams are good. JMO; your willies are your problem.

Welcome2DaSlopes
02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm an ABCer

devildeac
02-06-2010, 11:36 PM
I'll channel moonpie here:

ABC
ABC

rinse, lather, repeat...

-bdbd
02-07-2010, 12:02 AM
I live in Baltimore now, and you know what, Maryland fans in general aren't as bad as everyone says they are. That said, there are a lot of Maryland student fans that attend games and shout out obscenities in unison. I guess I don't really cross paths with those characters in Baltimore.

And to repeat what everyone else has stated-- Lets hope Maryland beats UNC by 50.

Man, WHERE are you FROM ---- Baltimore, Iowa??? I live in the DC area, currently on the northern VA side, but have lived a couple other places in/around DC over the last decade (incl Columbia, MD) and I just don't know HOW you can AVOID them? Try wearing a Duke jacket or hat or sweatshirt walking through any major city or town on the MD side of DC -- Annapolis, Laurel, Frederick, Columbia, Landover, etc. -- and you will get obnoxious comments (if not obscenities) SHOUTED your way at some point. The hatred is irrational and usually crude, most certainly classless. The fact that so many media members in the area went to the MD Journalism school just serves to feed the fire.

That said, I could never root for EITHER of these teams to win. I choose to root against both, and look at the glass as "half-full" -- at least ONE of them will get to loose. That's good enough for me.....either our hated and snooty rival, or the pretender rival who happens to be in 2nd place in the ACC, right behind us, right now.

Still want to find a way for BOTH to lose. But I can be happy with at least ONE loss there.

:D:o:rolleyes::p

roywhite
02-07-2010, 12:05 AM
In a related issue, which coach will have the greater sideline temper tantrum in the UNC/U-Md game?

Gary's been a perennial winner in this sort of competition, but Ole Roy is really ticked off these days, I mean he is darn ticked off!

RockLobster
02-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Per the Twitter accounts of "Easy" Ed Davis, John Henson, and Dexter Strickland, the Turtle kids are busy pestering another visiting team from the Triangle with late-night calls to their hotel rooms.

You'd think Ol' Roy would have put a stop to this somehow, since the Turtle fans' phone assaults on Duke have been well-documented, dadgummit.

Turtle fans suck hard, but Chapel Hill sucks harder, so I hope they aren't well-rested tomorrow.

The funny thing is that the three aforementioned players act surprised by this. Seriously, they didn't see this coming?

Bluedog
02-07-2010, 01:58 AM
http://twitter.com/eddavis32

"Ight I get the point Maryland fans y'all kno what hotel and room we are staying at"

http://twitter.com/johnhenson31

"Got maryland fans calling the room this should be a fun night. lol"

http://twitter.com/dstrick01

"Thats crazy!..got Maryland fans callin the room..ima act like a cop nex time they call...lol...bout to watch a movie and take it down..nite"

RockLobster
02-07-2010, 02:04 AM
I did actually like Strickland's idea, though I wonder if it will work. Better idea: unplug the phone.

By the way, has anyone checked out Deon Thompson's Twitter? He's one of my least favorite Heels, but I have to give the guy props for actually Tweeting in semi-correct grammar, unlike a lot of other athletes with Twitter accounts.

oldnavy
02-07-2010, 08:23 AM
WOW what a day this is going to be! First I get to go to church, and worship the Lord in a free country!! Thank you God.

Then I get watch my least two favorite teams beat each other down. For the record I always pull against UNC, ALWAYS, but if they have to win a game, I prefer that MD loses to balance out the karma.

Then after that, the Super Bowl comes on, and I don't have a dog in that fight, so I can relax and watch both the UNC/MD game and the football game without stress.

devilsadvocate85
02-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Per the Twitter accounts of "Easy" Ed Davis, John Henson, and Dexter Strickland, the Turtle kids are busy pestering another visiting team from the Triangle with late-night calls to their hotel rooms.

You'd think Ol' Roy would have put a stop to this somehow, since the Turtle fans' phone assaults on Duke have been well-documented, dadgummit.

Turtle fans suck hard, but Chapel Hill sucks harder, so I hope they aren't well-rested tomorrow.

The funny thing is that the three aforementioned players act surprised by this. Seriously, they didn't see this coming?

Last I checked, even hotel phones have cords you can unplug from either the wall, the phone or both just to be safe!

dyedwab
02-07-2010, 08:42 AM
For the record I always pull against UNC, ALWAYS, but if they have to win a game, I prefer that MD loses to balance out the karma.

I'm adopting this idea, oldnavy. Since the basketball universe has decreed that UNC must win some games, despite our wishes that they never do, it's best that they come against a team like the Terps.

I'm there.

But I hope MD beats them by 50 today.

Reddevil
02-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I'll take digusting (twerps) over disdainful (holes) today.

grossbus
02-07-2010, 09:23 AM
"I'm more worried about the Syracuse UConn game that ESPN is showing before The Game on Wednesday. I really hope that ESPN has a backup plan for when the Duke UNC game starts. I don't want to sit watching the Orangemen shoot free throws instead of watching The Game."

this is a legitimate concern. big east games take forevah.

as for today...

ABC IS the answer.

roywhite
02-07-2010, 09:35 AM
"I'm more worried about the Syracuse UConn game that ESPN is showing before The Game on Wednesday. I really hope that ESPN has a backup plan for when the Duke UNC game starts. I don't want to sit watching the Orangemen shoot free throws instead of watching The Game."

Raycom also will carry the game. Good news for those of us who live in ACC country, but may not help others. (actually, I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN doesn't have a spill-over set up for this one; Duke/UNC is one of their highest rated events all year; don't think they want to diminish the attraction).

hudlow
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Ol' Roy is going to need something for an excuse. If they lose it won't be his fault dadgummit.

hud

MChambers
02-07-2010, 11:41 AM

as for today...

ABC IS the answer.

Neither Syracuse nor UConn commits many fouls. Maybe it will be a relatively quick Big East game.

snowdenscold
02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Last I checked, even hotel phones have cords you can unplug from either the wall, the phone or both just to be safe!

That was my first thought, but maybe they have to be plugged in for wake up calls? Though you'd think the coaches could just go knock on seven or eight doors. Maybe they want their extra five minutes of sleep? =)

PumpkinFunk
02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Neither Syracuse nor UConn commits many fouls. Maybe it will be a relatively quick Big East game.

I just hope it's not like the last time these two teams played.

78Devil
02-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm for whatever will result in the least-prepared and most confused UNC team on Wednesday. Would a win over Md. make them a little overconfident and help us beat them at home when they are retiring Hanstravel's number? Or would it help cure their current psychological issues and give them momentum? I'm afraid of the latter, so I'm rooting for Maryland.

Ouch, that is hard to do when they are breathing down our neck in the standings.

mcdukie
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm torn because I am probably one of the only Duke fans that probably hates MD as much as I hate UNC. I live in the DC area and if MD wins I will hear a lot of people talking about how good MD is. I wish they could both lose.

cbfx3
02-07-2010, 12:18 PM
The best outcome would be UM by 30+ and then next year have to forfeit due to violations.. that way both teams could lose

El_Diablo
02-07-2010, 12:34 PM
The best outcome would be UM by 30+ and then next year have to forfeit due to violations.. that way both teams could lose

What violations exactly?

El_Diablo
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM
That was my first thought, but maybe they have to be plugged in for wake up calls? Though you'd think the coaches could just go knock on seven or eight doors. Maybe they want their extra five minutes of sleep? =)

Every hotel room has an alarm clock. But they can be pretty complicated to operate, and I don't think the UNC curriculum covers the subject until senior year. I guess Thompson and Ginyard could go around and show everyone else how to set the clocks, but then again...this might be asking for too much leadership out of them.

Devilsfan
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Danggumit! The heels can't win because their fans are not totally behind them, their senior leadership has problems, the weather is horrible, and a hundred other reasons that somehow counteract their superior coaching.

DukePA
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
What violations exactly?

It's a joke :)

Cameron
02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Since Maryland isn't our rival, I can easily cheer them on against North Carolina. I actually enjoy Vasquez's game, and he's a Heel killer. So this could be fun.

I will thoroughly enjoy watching Roy squirm.

I don't necessarily like seeing UMD and Williams do well, but they really aren't important enough any more for me to exert any extra energy hating them.

camcraz25
02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Every hotel room has an alarm clock. But they can be pretty complicated to operate, and I don't think the UNC curriculum covers the subject until senior year. I guess Thompson and Ginyard could go around and show everyone else how to set the clocks, but then again...this might be asking for too much leadership out of them.

Thanks for this..it's hilarious! :)

Newton_14
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Danggumit! The heels can't win because their fans are not totally behind them, their senior leadership has problems, the weather is horrible, and a hundred other reasons that somehow counteract their superior coaching.

Actually their fans are not part of the family over there in hell. ol huck threw them under the bus first. Said that "we" only means players and coaches. Their fans do not have anything "invested" so they don't count. ol roy has more invested in his little pinkie than all the hole fans combined dadgummit.

And remember, roy is from the mountains, so he is bad. No opposing fan better mess with him, or else he will take care of them like they do on the playground dadgummit...

CameronBornAndBred
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Deciding whether to watch '88 Duke-unc Dean Dome contest or the MD-unc contest now. I don't know who wins either..and it's fun to watch King and Ferry. (espn classic)

Cockabeau
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Hello does anyone have a link to the stream for this game?

CDu
02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Maryland off to a hot start and are up 10 early. It will be interesting to see how UNC reacts to falling behind (fairly) big early yet again.

BD80
02-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Every hotel room has an alarm clock. But they can be pretty complicated to operate, and I don't think the UNC curriculum covers the subject until senior year. ...

That would be a senior course in the unc Electrical Engineering curriculum, Controls.

None of the heels are engineers. Actually three signed up, but changed to phys ed when they were told that there were no choo-choos.

soccerstud2210
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
wow. i can't figure out if Maryland is THAT good?

or

if unc is THAT bad???

someone help me out

Georgiadevil
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I like Roys gameday face already.Maybe the holes can acheive an all time low today.Go Turtles!!

CDu
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM

or

if unc is THAT bad???

someone help me out

Neither. Maryland is shooting the lights out right now. They'll cool off, but they're better than UNC (especially when they're at home).

airowe
02-07-2010, 02:36 PM

or

if unc is THAT bad???

someone help me out

unc's perimeter defense is that bad.

mgtr
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Vasquez has made really, really good decisions. Glad the Holes don't have him.

Wander
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote of the day: "If he could play UNC every game, he might be an All-American."

Also, a big thank you to Will Graves for shooting a contested 3 with 20+ seconds left instead of holding for the last shot of the half.

CDu
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
UNC with their standard flubbing of the end-of-half/game strategy. With 38 seconds to go, they get the ball and could run the clock down and leave Maryland with only about 3-5 seconds left. Instead, Will Graves takes a well-defended fadeaway 3 with 20 seconds left. Just really bad decision-making by the Heels, which sort of sums up their season.

That bad decision ultimately wound up not costing them. But you'd think that by this point in the season they'd make better decisions than that. I can understand taking a quick shot if it presents itself. But forcing a well-defended 3pt shot early in the shot clock? Stupid.

RoyalBlue08
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote of the day: "If he could play UNC every game, he might be an All-American."

Also, a big thank you to Will Graves for shooting a contested 3 with 20+ seconds left instead of holding for the last shot of the half.

That puts him on a very long list of players.....

airowe
02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
UNC with their standard flubbing of the end-of-half/game strategy. With 38 seconds to go, they get the ball and could run the clock down and leave Maryland with only about 3-5 seconds left. Instead, Will Graves takes a well-defended fadeaway 3 with 20 seconds left. Just really bad decision-making by the Heels, which sort of sums up their season.

That bad decision ultimately wound up not costing them. But you'd think that by this point in the season they'd make better decisions than that. I can understand taking a quick shot if it presents itself. But forcing a well-defended 3pt shot early in the shot clock? Stupid.

"We don't practice end of game situations."

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Maryland starting to cool off and UNC is making a run. It's a 5-point game. The seniors are coming up big for UNC in the second half today. Time to see if Vazquez can answer for Maryland.

DUKIE V(A)
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
unc's perimeter defense is that bad.

Agree. If UNC plays D like this on Wednesday and we can shot it at all, we will run them out of their gym. I am feeling very confident about our chances. I think SIngler, Smith, and Scheyer will each go over 20.

DUKIE V(A)
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Carolina coming back...but I still think Maryland will win because 1) they are better, 2) they are at home, and 3) Carolina leaves too many shooters wide open.

soccerstud2210
02-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Agree. If UNC plays D like this on Wednesday and we can shot it at all, we will run them out of their gym. I am feeling very confident about our chances. I think SIngler, Smith, and Scheyer will each go over 20.

now let's not get carried away :)

we all know that in this rivalry the rankings do not matter. its an all out cage match death fight!

DUKIE V(A)
02-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Carolina D = Swiss Cheese. They are woeful.

soccerstud2210
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
graves by far is the best player unc has

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:27 PM
graves by far is the best player unc has

Gotta disagree there. He's pretty limited as a player. Good (but streaky) shooter, but that's about it.

UNC is playing pretty well in the second half. Hopefully they get it out of their system now (and still lose).

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Big 7-0 run by Maryland led by Vazquez and a few UNC turnovers. They have that quickly eliminated the nice work by UNC to trim the score to 3 at one point.

slower
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I think SIngler, Smith, and Scheyer will each go over 20.

uh...ok. I hope you're right.

There's just NO way to predict what will happen in this game. Anything could happen - and that includes them blowing us out.

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Vazquez and Hayes are just having amazing games today. 39 points and 13 assists so far. Unbelievable shooting from them, and Vazquez has been magnificent on the break.

Cameron
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Greivis is such an underrated player. Gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves.

He has 26 and 8 assists.

RoyalBlue08
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Greivis is such an underrated player. Gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves.

He has 26 and 8 assists.

If he played Carolina every game he would be NPOY!

Channing
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
This Maryland offense looks very potent. They fastbreak everything, and have some terrific interior passing. Vazquez has been brilliant.

tallguy
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM

He has 26 and 8 assists.

He's not underrated...he's as liable to put up 10 TOs as he is to put up that line. He's really, really good when he's on, but when he's off...well just look at what happened in Cameron last year.

airowe
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Gotta disagree there. He's pretty limited as a player. Good (but streaky) shooter, but that's about it.

I'm wondering who their best player is...

Ginyerd?

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
He's not underrated...he's as liable to put up 10 TOs as he is to put up that line. He's really, really good when he's on, but when he's off...well just look at what happened in Cameron last year.

Yeah, he's definitely up and down. But he's absolutely a first-team All-ACC guy, and on the short list for ACC POY.

Maryland has a fantastic backcourt. Vazquez and Hayes are such a good pairing. Hayes passes extremely well, is very sound in the halfcourt, and shoots better than Vazquez. Vazquez is better on the break and is more of the "take the game over" type. Between the two of them, they can control tempo so well.

Maryland is going to suffer next year when those guys both are gone.

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm wondering who their best player is...

Ginyerd?

I'd say Thompson, Davis, or Drew. Ginyard and Graves are just too limited.

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Maryland fans dropping the "NIT! NIT!" cheer on UNC. Good times.

airowe
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
NIT Chant going through Comcast!!!!!!!!!!!!

GODUKEGO
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
A perfect demoralizing loss going into Wednesday's game.

CameronBornAndBred
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Welll, there was a thread similar to this, that got shut down. Shut this one down too, mods, but the facts are there, everyone. They are not NCAA bound. Even if they beat us twice, they are done.

http://blogs.escolaturbula.com/bestmusic/files/2009/06/the-end-03.jpg

CDu
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
88-65 with 3 minutes to go. This one's over. We now have a chance to essentially bury any hopes of an at-large bid for UNC on Wednesday. If they lose, they'll be 2-7 in conference with a bunch of tough road games to go (@GT, @Wake, @Duke).

Cockabeau
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Huckleberry Roy loses again....

roywhite
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Heels showed some signs of life, but ultimately could not stop the Terps. Nice defense, Heels.

dukemsu
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I simply cannot believe the Heels are this poor defensively.

Maryland is doing whatever they want.

dukemsu

soccerstud2210
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd say Thompson, Davis, or Drew. Ginyard and Graves are just too limited.

i mean i could see thompson maybe. but im not sold on davis or drew. at all.

CDu
Maryland is going to be a tough matchup for us. They spread the floor with Milbourne at the 4 and have two terrific guards running their offense. That's going to be a big test for us.

dairedevil
Duke just HAS to beat these guys on Wednesday. It would be really an embarrassment to lose, even on their floor.

RoyalBlue08
Maryland fans start chanting "we want Duke". LOL. How much you want to bet they play like crap against UVA this week while looking ahead.

DUKIE V(A)
02-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Davis is Carolina's best player by far...Don't like him but he's really good. Not sure why Strickland doesn't play more. Hope he doesn't start playing more on Wednesday.

The Terps are legit. They have a lot of weapons, but they can be held in check with tough D as Clemson showed.

TheFan
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
What if unc-ch pulls off the upset on wednesday??? Worst loss for duke in the rivalry? Even though the season has been fun to see them completely break down it does bring up a lot more pressure to win imo

RoyalBlue08
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd buy a ticket for Roy's post game press conference.

CDu
02-07-2010, 04:00 PM
i mean i could see thompson maybe. but im not sold on davis or drew. at all.

Davis is better than Thompson. I mean, seriously, the guy is averaging basically a double-double. Drew is very inconsistent, but I think he's their third best player.

I agree that none of the three are great players (though Davis is not that far off). But they are better than Graves. All Graves can do is shoot, and he can only do that occasionally. He's not a very good player.

gwwilburn
02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
A perfect demoralizing loss going into Wednesday's game.
What's even better is that this team has responded very little to their loses. Hopefully that holds true on Wednesday.

Maryland is going to be a tough matchup for us. They spread the floor with Milbourne at the 4 and have two terrific guards running their offense. That's going to be a big test for us.
IMO, Maryland is a top 25 team. They have many weapons and, excluding a couple of tough road losses, have played very well in conference. Pomeroy has them at 10, I believe. I am not looking forward to that game in College Park or the one in Cameron.

Cockabeau
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Davis is really limited outside the paint. Can't shoot worth a lick. cant handle the ball worth a lick.

I would say their best player is Deon Thompson but he really isn't all that good either. He is basically a soft, finesse big man with touch and limited athletically.

The biggest question to me about UNC is- Who is going to transfer?

Acymetric
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I see the thread got deleted, but I think we can safely stick a fork in unc for the rest of the year. Even if they win some games, I don't think they can win enough to get back in.

dukelifer
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
What if unc-ch pulls off the upset on wednesday??? Worst loss for duke in the rivalry? Even though the season has been fun to see them completely break down it does bring up a lot more pressure to win imo
In the rivalry? That is a long time.

Wander
02-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Davis is Carolina's best player by far

Agreed - it's not close. Thompson seems to disappear a bit when playing against better teams (though he was fine today), and Drew is a nice player but nothing more.

Splitting the two games with Maryland is the most likely scenario for us. They're really good.

dukelifer
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I was thinking the same- they are a much better version than NC State and everyone can score. That is a tough matchup for Duke- particularly the bigs. We will have to hope for a bad shooting night by their guards and Duke to rebound very well.

moonpie23
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
all they gotta do is win the acc tourny and they're in....

please...please....let's just lie in silent wait of wednesday night....take care of business and come on back home....

do NOT think the heels can't win that game.......they can...

Vincetaylor
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Ed Davis is by far their best player. He would be a lottery pick if he came out this year. You can throw records out the window on Wednesday. Absolutely anything can happen.

dukelifer
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Welll, there was a thread similar to this, that got shut down. Shut this one down too, mods, but the facts are there, everyone. They are not NCAA bound. Even if they beat us twice, they are done.

No over until they lose in the ACC tourney. They will have Zeller back by then- a lot can happen particularly when they are loose. I would never count them out.

CrazieDUMB
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I've been completely snowed in all day, but I have plenty of adult beverages and I just saw Carolina lose on two networks at the same time. The 2000 game just started. This is one of the best sundays ever.

The best thing about this marathon is that I actually get to watch some of the guys that I've only read about. Check it out if you're not watching it already.

slower
02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
all they gotta do is win the acc tourny and they're in....

please...please....let's just lie in silent wait of wednesday night....take care of business and come on back home....

do NOT think the heels can't win that game.......they can...

Just remain CAUTIOUSLY optimistic and hope to be pleasantly surprised. ;)

MADevil30
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Ok so I'll just come out and say it...as much as I love watching UNC fail, it bugs me that they aren't at least respectable this year. Even since this time last year, we were all looking to this year as our chance to retake the upper hand in the rivalry. Those losses the past few years hurt so much because we knew that we had a solid team that was capable of pulling out a win; I want the Tar Heel fans to feel that way again. Now? We are so strongly expected to win that it isn't even that much of a credit to us if we do. You can already hear the rebuttals from Carolina fans, "the only time you (Duke) could beat us recently was our when we had our worst team since 2002." Its just not fair! We can win and not even get major bragging rights out of it.

I love watching the Heels go down, and of course I'd much rather win those 2 games a year than lose, but the games and the rivalry mean a lot more when both teams are at least in the hunt.

wallyman
02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
These are big-time athletes, who will be playing for their self respect Wednesday. Anyone who thinks they can't win and won't be incredibly dangerous is nuts.

Hermy-own
02-07-2010, 04:23 PM
It isn't just that UNC can come out with a good game against Duke at any time. It's that people have forgotten that this UNC team has some talent on it. Davis? NBA lottery pick. Thompson? Decent senior forward, certainly a better scorer than LT or Zoub. Zeller? Good all around forward, with a nice touch around the basket. Drew? Competent PG, with some really nice passing skills. Strickland? Talented but young. Henson? Extremely talented. These guys are capable of breaking out of their slump - this is dangerous for Duke, and it might mean they make the tournament (doubtful, but possible). Beware! And never brag until the game is over.

TheFan
02-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Ok so I'll just come out and say it...as much as I love watching UNC fail, it bugs me that they aren't at least respectable this year. Even since this time last year, we were all looking to this year as our chance to retake the upper hand in the rivalry. Those losses the past few years hurt so much because we knew that we had a solid team that was capable of pulling out a win; I want the Tar Heel fans to feel that way again. Now? We are so strongly expected to win that it isn't even that much of a credit to us if we do. You can already hear the rebuttals from Carolina fans, "the only time you (Duke) could beat us recently was our when we had our worst team since 2002." Its just not fair! We can win and not even get major bragging rights out of it.

True. And the fact that the only 2 wins Duke has had against them in the past 4 years was when they didn't have Ty Lawson. Duke hasn't had a true respectable win against the holes in a long time.

Dukeface88
02-07-2010, 04:26 PM
You can already hear the rebuttals from Carolina fans, "the only time you (Duke) could beat us recently was our when we had our worst team since 2002."

And I can hear the counter rebuttal: "So, you're admitting you suck? Then we agree."

RelativeWays
02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Do not count out the sheep this Wednesday, despite the difference in records, the difference between the two teams is that some close bounces have gone Duke's way (like yesterday) and some have gone against the holes (like the VT game). Duke has also held home serve very well. However, we have a lot of weaknesses, still no reliable inside presence, we still make bad decision when pressed and have pretty much no reliable offense if the perimeter shots don't fall. UNC can beat this Duke team and you'd be suprised how easily they could beat us. Or maybe not. I think most people here would agree that UNC has more talent than State and they beat us easily in Raleigh, could be a repeat performance.

The formula for victory is easy to understand. They'll be fired up, so withstand the onslaught and counter every run they may start with one of out own. The team will need a killer instinct, I would love to see them play like they truly want to ruin the holes once and for all. DESTROY, RUIN, GRANT NO QUARTER, NO PARLAY!!!!!

Duvall
02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
You can already hear the rebuttals from Carolina fans, "the only time you (Duke) could beat us recently was our when we had our worst team since 2002." Its just not fair! We can win and not even get major bragging rights out of it.

Who cares? If they want to accept being losers, that's their problem.

airowe
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Freaking trap game on Wednesday. We haven't done well in those this year...

roywhite
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
It isn't just that UNC can come out with a good game against Duke at any time. It's that people have forgotten that this UNC team has some talent on it. Davis? NBA lottery pick. Thompson? Decent senior forward, certainly a better scorer than LT or Zoub. Zeller? Good all around forward, with a nice touch around the basket. Drew? Competent PG, with some really nice passing skills. Strickland? Talented but young. Henson? Extremely talented. These guys are capable of breaking out of their slump - this is dangerous for Duke, and it might mean they make the tournament (doubtful, but possible). Beware! And never brag until the game is over.

You forgot to add they have a HOF coach and a great winning tradition.

So what's the disconnect with this group? Why are they 2-6 in the conference and why did they get blown out today?

There's always reason for caution approaching our rivalry game, but UNC does not have a good backcourt and is not playing well.

3rd Dukie
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Davis is Carolina's best player by far...Don't like him but he's really good. Not sure why Strickland doesn't play more. Hope he doesn't start playing more on Wednesday.

The Terps are legit. They have a lot of weapons, but they can be held in check with tough D as Clemson showed.

This!

slower
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM

True. And the fact that the only 2 wins Duke has had against them in the past 4 years was when they didn't have Ty Lawson. Duke hasn't had a true respectable win against the holes in a long time.

/alarms are going off

duke09hms
02-07-2010, 04:46 PM
troll alert, alarms are going off

so what, it's the truth. Personally, any win against UNC is as good as any other, especially because they truly have owned us the last few years.

I wish people would stop confidently predicting an easy win for us. Heck, it's DUKE-UNC, anything can happen, especially when their roster arguably has just as much talent as ours. Wednesday's game is very much a toss-up.

slower
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
so what, it's the truth. Personally, any win against UNC is as good as any other, especially because they truly have owned us the last few years.

I wish people would stop confidently predicting an easy win for us. Heck, it's DUKE-UNC, anything can happen, especially when their roster arguably has just as much talent as ours. Wednesday's game is very much a toss-up.

Sorry - I should cut the newbie some slack. Apologies to The Fan.

dukelifer
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM

They won't have Ty Lawson for this game either- so I suppose even if Duke wins it still won't be a respectable win by your logic.

SupaDave
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM

I love watching the Heels go down, and of course I'd much rather win those 2 games a year than lose, but the games and the rivalry mean a lot more when both teams are at least in the hunt.

You think they cared if we were having a bad year in 2006? The media surely didn't. We should give it to them long. We should give it to them hard.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
For those elated over the Maryland margin over Carolina, remember that Duke will be playing them in College Park on March 3, just before Carolina comes to Cameron on March 6. Expect Maryland to put up another game like this one when Duke comes to town.

jdc75
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Someone needs to let Roy know that this is no way to talk to one of your "pets." :-)

airowe
02-07-2010, 05:03 PM
For those elated over the Maryland margin over Carolina, remember that Duke will be playing them in College Park on March 3, just before Carolina comes to Cameron on March 6. Expect Maryland to put up another game like this one when Duke comes to town.

So what? I think we're going to lose that game. Doesn't make it any less fun to enjoy a pUNC loss...

G man
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
As much as I hate seeing Turtle Red winning a game man do I love watching UNC suck! We better not drop an egg this week. In rivalries I know that it does not matter who is struggled and who has played well, but we need to come out and smack them around! I want to make them look terrible so a certain high school player regrets his choice just a little....

oldnavy
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
OK, did anybody notice Roy's brillient coaching move? When Ginyard was playing well in the second half, and the holes had cut the lead down to 4, wait for it.... Roy sat him down for about 6 minutes!! Lead jumped back up to 11 and the game was over! Nice move Huck!! Demand that your senior lead and play well, then just when he is getting a bounce back in his step (even G-Man commented on this), you yank him out of the game in a critical juncture!

Plus, this game did nothing to change my mind and I'll keep saying it, UNC's frontcourt is not very good.

OldPhiKap
02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
As much as I enjoy watching the Heels suffer, I won't rest easy until Wednesday night. Having said that, Ol' Roy is simply imploding. The biggest problem on the wrong side of 15/501 is between the ears of the players and the coach.

Fratricide is an ugly thing.

striker219
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Anybody catch Ol' Roy in his post game presser?

Any highlights?

OldPhiKap
02-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Anybody catch Ol' Roy in his post game presser?

Any highlights?

"Shucks, this team has no heart. I don't know what to do. I mean, this is mid-February. Whose fault is this loss? Clearly the players."

(quote approximate)

CameronBlue
02-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Do not count out the sheep this Wednesday, despite the difference in records, the difference between the two teams is that some close bounces have gone Duke's way (like yesterday) and some have gone against the holes (like the VT game). Duke has also held home serve very well. However, we have a lot of weaknesses, still no reliable inside presence, we still make bad decision when pressed and have pretty much no reliable offense if the perimeter shots don't fall. UNC can beat this Duke team and you'd be suprised how easily they could beat us. Or maybe not. I think most people here would agree that UNC has more talent than State and they beat us easily in Raleigh, could be a repeat performance.

You're the apparition in the crystal ball right? The Prophet of Doom? The disembodied voice that screams at me in the night from the deep inner twit recesses of my redundant mind? (sorry Mr. Simon).

It's probable that the game which prompted ESPN to make a very big deal of Duke-UNC and spawned the idea of "Rivalry Week" was Duke-UNC 95 in Cameron. No need to remind folks here how dismal that season was for Duke...and yet..... But it's not a rivalry unless both teams are good and by that standard 95 in Cameron and 81 in Cameron did little to contribute to the Duke-UNC whatever-it-is. Yup, Duke can just mail this one in.

Of the 30 editions of Duke Basketball that Coach K has put on the floor, I'd rank this one somewhere in the 15-22 range at this juncture, hopefully a top 10 Duke program by the time the NCAAs roll around but limited in too many areas as you've noted to feel that anything is certain. Neither team is fearsome by the historical standards of their respective programs. Adrenaline can cure a lot of ills for one game and with the faithful looking on as Hansblo's number is retired, this year's team will feel the weight of the UNC tradition as it hasn't all season. It's more likely that the team that showed up against State reappears this Wednesday, than the one that was blown out by Maryland today.

Devilsfan
02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I think the players at unc are fed up with the faux good ol' boy act by their coach. He blames them for everything not taking any personal responsibility. I'm sure glad I don't live on ol' roys' plantation.

funkmeister
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Devilsfan - I agree. Pretty sure they get sick of country boy routine every single day.
On that note - Crazie-Talk is celebrating Heel Week - seven posts for the seven days leading up to Feb. 10th.
Check out today's piece: "Ten Keys to Roy Williams' Success (http://www.crazie-talk.com/2010/02/06/heel-week-day-three-10-keys-to-roy-williams-success/)".
Hopefully it's a laugh.

Dukeford
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Davis is really limited outside the paint. Can't shoot worth a lick. cant handle the ball worth a lick.

I thought he was Diesel?

airowe
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Neither team is fearsome by the historical standards of their respective programs. Adrenaline can cure a lot of ills for one game and with the faithful looking on as Hansblo's number is retired, this year's team will feel the weight of the UNC tradition as it hasn't all season. It's more likely that the team that showed up against State reappears this Wednesday, than the one that was blown out by Maryland today.

The bolded part is what I think will impact the holes on Wednesday the most. I could see that pressure weighing very heavy on the minds of their players, especially what seem to be fragile Seniors. The system roy runs is best run loose, and this team has been anything but loose.

In what has become a must-win, Super Bowl kind of game to them moreso than in any recent season, I foresee those guys playing very tight.

Our strength is our backcourt and that is anything but their strength. While we don't overplay on the perimeter as much as in years' past, I've seen us overplaying the passing lanes recently and their guards do not take care of the ball well at all.

I said before this season started that playing the run and gun and that tough schedule in the beginning of this year would likely rip this team's confidence to shreds. It obviously has and with "the wieght of the UNC tradition" on their shoulders, along with Hansblah's jersey retirement, and the 100th year of Carolina basketball, I see them melting in the pink checkerboard throwback uniforms they will more than likely be wearing on Hump Day.

devildownunder
02-07-2010, 07:51 PM
So who to root for, the team that's 5-2 and right behind us or the team that 2-5? Or more accurately who to root against more? :

:confused:

I'm 38. When I was coming up, UNC was the Evil Empire for all of the ACC and all of college basketball -- if not all of the free world. For me, cheering for "those people" is unfathomable. But I'm discovering that many younger fans, people half my age, don't seem to have such intense hatred for unc. I even hear other duke fans write/say such things as "i want them to win except when they play us. i like it when they are good because it makes the rivalry better", and so on.

My reaction to such things is probably akin to that of an old-fashioned Bible thumper who's just heard some youngster's comment about how silly it is to have to dress up for church on Sundays. But I've come to understand that there is a reason for it, and ultimately it's one that makes me smile: UNC just hasn't been the thorn in their side that it was in mine when I was coming up. In the last four years, they've returned to prominence but prior that Duke and K had eclipsed them in every way. It's a bit hard to muster up a truly bitter hatred for a team you thump every year and never have to watch raise a banner in your back yard, no matter how much those oldheads keep telling you they're your sworn enemy.

Cockabeau
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
1) Coaching isn't so easy without Lawson/Felton/Hanborough.
You aren't going to get many players of that caliber to stay more than two years...

2) Overcoaching. This team is making Roy look absolutely foolish.

superdave
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
What devildonwunder and cockabeau said.

If I spelled those right.

Seriously guys, learn to hate. Hate legitimately and completely. But hate, mostly.

If you lack conviction or have doubt this week, lean on these boards. Rely on these Duke fans this week. You will be rewarded with vitriol for unc and some honest to goodness wish-they'd-eat-$#!+ feelings. Seriously. Hate hate and hate some more.

And cheer Duke.
Go Saints.

BD80
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM

Seriously guys, learn to hate. Hate legitimately and completely. But hate, mostly.

If you lack conviction or have doubt this week, lean on these boards. Rely on these Duke fans this week. You will be rewarded with vitriol for unc and some honest to goodness wish-they'd-eat-$#!+ feelings. Seriously. Hate hate and hate some more.

And cheer Duke.
Go Saints.

Hate is such a strong word.

And yet somehow not adequate.

davekay1971
02-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, that was as fun as watching every other Tarhole loss this year.

Now for the main event.

9F

devildeac
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm not ready to bury them yet.

Or perhaps I should say, I AM ready to bury them...

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM

And cheer Duke.
Go Saints.

It's Geaux Saints!

Who dat? Who dat sayin' dey goin' to beat the Saints? Who dat?

Channing
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
any gems from roys presser?

RockLobster
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
any gems from roys presser?

I guarantee there was much throwing of a player not named John Henson under a bus.

Shucks.

LSanders
02-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Between Twitter; the meltdowns; Ol' Roy bein', well, Ol' Roy ... This has been a highly entertaining season: (from "Inside Carolina")

RE: UNC-UMd: Postgame Quotes -- posted

Things like "will", "desire", "fight", "pride" -- they're important, but not sucking is also important.

DevilHorns
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
A few days ago I posted that I wanted Maryland to beat UNC by 20, and for us to beat them by 30.

Their half of the bargain is fulfilled.

I want to absolutely slaughter them. I want to be up by 30, we have the ball with 50 seconds left, and we pass the ball around the perimeter, find an open Andre, and he drills a 3, whilst getting fouled, and we make it a four point play. Then we steal the ball on the inbound, the ball dishes out to the perimeter, and we nail another one. This time from Ryan Kelly. K calls a TO. Lets it soak in. We put in Davidson and all walk-ons. Then we steal the ball again. This time we hold the ball. UNC is so frustrated they foul. Davidson goes to the line and hits both.

slower
02-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I thought he was Diesel?

Nope - turns out he's just unleaded. ;)

gumbomoop
02-08-2010, 09:05 AM

Seriously. Hate hate and hate some more.

And read Will Blythe's [yep, UNC grad] fine book, "To Hate Like This Is To Be Happy Forever."