PDA

View Full Version : Status Check!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
It's been a cold, cold winter, especially in the southwestern part of the Triangle. Cold, cold rain, cold snow, and yes, lots of cold shooting and cold passing by those locals in the southwestern part of the Triangle. But it's starting to heat up, and by Wednesday night, the heat from the depths of Hell will engulf those locals as their season continues to GO TO HELL!

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!

DukeUsul
02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
It's so hot here in Durham I didn't get any snow today! Well, none that stuck.

GTHC!GTH!

RockLobster
02-06-2010, 04:29 PM
61 degrees and sunny here in Gainesville, Florida. I'd much rather be caught in the snowstorms a little farther north, though.

GO TO HELL, C*ROLINA

dukebsbll14
02-06-2010, 04:31 PM

Easily my quote of the week:)

I'm going to Duke and one of my best friends is going to UNC, so it's gonna get pretty intense this week.

dukeforester
02-06-2010, 04:41 PM
61 degrees and sunny here in Gainesville, Florida. I'd much rather be caught in the snowstorms a little farther north, though.

GO TO HELL, C*ROLINA

The heat from Chapel Hell is emanating all the way to Gainesville! Not surprising.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA

ArkieDukie
02-06-2010, 04:46 PM
The heat from Chapel Hell is emanating all the way to Gainesville! Not surprising.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA

The heat is reaching as far away as St. Louis. We have gotten less snow than areas to our south. Only heat of epic proportions could have such an effect on the weather.

dukestheheat
02-06-2010, 04:47 PM
^^^^

Looking southwest off my deck towards Chapel Hell, there's a faint, red glow that hugs the treeline. Word on the street is that that town is ON FIRE. Soon there will be great(-er) wailing and gnashing of teeth there, and the town will burn to the ground as their firemen FAIL to put out the intense burn. Even Deputy will be out there working to quench the flames, but all to no avail.

Go DUKE!

dth.

superdave
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
5:03 est
Virginia
Cold, snowy
Turning focus towards the tar holes now.

GTHC

Greg_Newton
02-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Nashville, TN, 4:32PM CST:

Interestingly enough, the temperature in the mid-Tennessee valley has gradually increased from 24 degrees this morning to a balmy 117 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon. An eerie, ominous glow emanates from beyond the Appalachians, and the easterly wind brings with it the foul, foul stench of charred subcutaneous tissue. The time is coming, soon now...

9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Nashville, TN, 4:32PM CST:

Interestingly enough, the temperature in the mid-Tennessee valley has gradually increased from 24 degrees this morning to a balmy 117 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon. An eerie, ominous glow emanates from beyond the Appalachians, and the easterly wind brings with it the foul, foul stench of charred subcutaneous tissue. The time is coming, soon now...

9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!
Balmy 117 degrees? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MChambers
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
27 inches of snow here in my yard in Washington, D.C., and Carolina has gone to hell.

Newton_14
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
The heat wave is causing a major meltdown of epic proportions in Hot Lanta.

Tech was up 16 with 5 minutes to go. The lead is down to one and State has the ball with 2:06 to play!

dukemath
02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Cold and rainy in LA. Should clear up so we can see the flames from Chapel Hell on Wednesday night.

JBDuke
02-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I've got 2.5 feet of snow in my yard, but I expect it'll all melt by late Wednesday, due to heat seeping up here from Chapel Hill - cause they're going to Hell!

kmspeaks
02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
2:40 est - Central West Virginia

The steps on campus haven't been shoveled yet but no matter. The heat emanating from Chapel Hill is melting the snow and ice. 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Even in the Super Bowl ads, Hollywood knows what's happening to the tarholes - Hell awaits!

throatybeard
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
http://liveearth.org/liveearth/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/university-of-north-carolina-logo.jpg
http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/11391606/sn/1944444224/name/n_a

Cicero
02-07-2010, 11:03 PM
It's 31 degrees and the ground is covered with 20+ inches of snow here in Alexandria, VA. Apparently Mother Nature has taken preemptive action to offset the hellish conflagration that will ignite on Wednesday night in Chapel Hill!

-bdbd
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Carolina who?!?

...What place are they in anyway?????

godukecom
02-07-2010, 11:23 PM
28 degrees here in chapel hell on a cold sunday evening at 23:23 on 02/07/2010.
I will venture into the nose dome myself to witness carolina going directly to hell in a bit over 68 hours. Wish me luck- GO TO HELL carolina!

RockLobster
02-07-2010, 11:50 PM
37 degrees here in Gainesville, Florida...we're packing in as much cold as possible before the game, because not even Tim Tebow's biceps can shield us from the blast of heat that will emanate from the Nose Dome after we start dropping threes on CH and send their miserable little band to Hell where they belong...

And the women will not be spared tomorrow night at Cameron.

AND RAMESES WAS BANISHED TO THE LAKE OF FIRE TO ENDURE EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT, AND YEA, IT WAS GOOD.

Jfrosh
02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
50 degrees here in Winter Park FL, but the warming trend has started. Forcast calls for a heat wave Wednesday steming from a warm front coming from the general vicinity of Chapel Hell.

GTHC!!!!

davekay1971
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Cold and gloomy in Chapel Hill West, reflecting the mood of the Tarhole faithful (if they can be called that, given the lack of Carolina gear seen around Charlotte these days). But there is a scent of brimstone in the air, getting stronger by the minute.

trinity92
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Despite all forecasts to the contrary, the temperature is actually on the rise here in New York City. Multiple carolina alums have been coming to me with this recurring dream: Franklin Street is on fire, asphalt melting to a sticky mess, with ghosts of unc players and coaches past lining the boulevard. There they twist in eternal agony, wretchedly ululating, while watching our conquering team return from the nose dome, somehow able to strut down the pools of fiery tar that used to be Franklin Street, yet not soiling their heels whatsoever.

GTHC, GTH!

allenmurray
02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I had to have my septic tank pumped out this morning. When the service guy removed the lid you could see unc's season.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Here, just west of Winston-Salem, my washer and dryer failed ten days ago..... burned out transmission in the washer. This is the first time I've lost appliances before an away game. They have been replaced with more energy efficient models so that more heat can be directed straight to Chapel Hill.

CameronBlue
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I had to have my septic tank pumped out this morning. When the service guy removed the lid you could see unc's season.

Beautiful! A Tintoretto in pooh!

dukerev
02-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Without a week-long warning of impending apocalypse (thus giving Arkies a chance to clean out the Wal-Mart), central Arkansas has been (is being) hit by a snow-storm. It is 31 and snowing an inch an hour. However, there is definitely a warming trend in our future. Like, say, Wednesday!
GTHC! 9F!

RockLobster
02-09-2010, 12:26 AM
12:25 AM on the eve of the game. 47 degrees here in Gainesville...it's warmed up from yesterday due to the beatdown the Duke women laid on Chapel Hill Monday night...

ricks68
02-09-2010, 01:12 AM

What else is there to add except that the unseasonably cold temperatures here in Houston will finally get back to normal from the heat generated all the way from Chapel Hell after the game when Hell opens up for the 'Holes.:D

ricks

Jumbo
02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
It's 6 p.m. in the greatest city on Earth. Oddly, snow is on the forecast for tomorrow and people are freaking out. What they don't realize, apparently, is that by tomorrow night, severe melting will occur, as gates of Hell open wide beneath Chapel Hill to return the Tar Heels to their rightful home.
GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

deedee55
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM
about a mile south of downtown durham, it's mid-30's and windy outside tonight - and kind of chilly and drafty inside as well. tomorrow night will be a different story, though, because we will be hit by a sudden blast of blistering heat emanating from a giant rip in the earth's crust 9 miles down the road as the ground opens up and swallows the unc men's basketball team whole, sending them straight to their rightful place in the southern part of hell.

see ya, boys - the girls are down there waiting for you.

go to hell, carolina, go to hell!

Newton_14
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Cold and gloomy in Chapel Hill West, reflecting the mood of the Tarhole faithful (if they can be called that, given the lack of Carolina gear seen around Charlotte these days). But there is a scent of brimstone in the air, getting stronger by the minute.

Mark Packer of the Packman show on WFNZ always hosts a viewing party at local Charlotte venues for each of the 2 Duke/holes games each year. It is a big deal. He selects 5 fans of each school as the "starting line ups" for the party, and the home team of the game are designated as the "hosts" of the party.

Well, it has gotten so hot in Chapel Hell this season that all of the normal unx fans that are callers to the Packman show found an excuse to not be able to attend the viewing party for tomorrow night's game. Pack was unable to get 5 unx "starters" to host the deal. So last Thursday he announced on the show that the first viewing party hosted by the holes fans was officially cancelled due to kerlina "sucking" and their fair weather fans being overcome by the heat. Pack said that the 2nd viewing party for the game in Cameron is still on and would not be cancelled no matter how bad it gets for the holes here on out.

Gotta love it!!

Meanwhile, over here in little ol Creedmoor NC, 38 miles NE of Hell, the heat is becoming unbearable! All the leftover snow has melted away. Feeling really balmy and supposed to get hotter tomorrow. Strange orange glow in the sky to the SW.

Jon Scheyer (Wyatt Earp) is coming to Chapel Hill, and HELL is coming with him!!!

GO DUKE! Beat down the 2 and 6 holes like the lowly dogs they are!!

detule
02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
The wind is picking up in Durham this morning - a nice crisp feeling is in the air.

It will be a storm by tonight - and it's headed west, across I-40.

CameronBornAndBred
02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Winds expected to gust over 50 mph today, fanning the flames of hell!

devildeac
02-10-2010, 08:52 AM

And I hope we keep it there!

DukieInKansas
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Temperatures dropped overnight as all the heat was making it's way to Chapel Hill (Chapil Hell?) as the gates are opening to allow the tar heels to enter.

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!

aro24
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
To: GoDukecom
Be sure to "cheer" really loud for Deon and his teammates when they venture to the foul line. :)

Acymetric
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Winds are picking up, and temperatures are plummeting as most of the heat is being pulled over to chapel hill. Takes a lot of heat to make those flaming brimstone basketballs...

Jumbo
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
It's 1:00 p.m. in the greatest city in the world and Carolina can still go to Hell!
(BTW, it's an absolute disgrace that this thread fell off the first page -- a lot of people need to a crash course in DBR tradition.)

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-10-2010, 01:08 PM
One sign that 9F rules is the 3.9 earthquake which shook some of the Chicago suburbs at 4A this morning. The earthquake is real. Is Carolina?

RepoMan
02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
1:14 and the arctic wind blowing through Raleigh won't stop the flames of hell from engulfing the Holes.

Ima Facultiwyfe
02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Verrrry noticeable driving around the hump today. Ordinarily there would be sissy blue porch flags hung out everywhere and car door flags flapping as cars crisscross intersections, tooting horns at each other. Not sooooo this time. The natives are keeping very low profiles. Not a soul in any business establishment I frequent has made the usual jab at me about being a Dukie. The elephant in the room has been palatable fer sher. It's been very nice.

Go Devils. Bring home the braggin' rights.
Love, Ima

Greg_Newton
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else hear "O Fortuna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrML6s1wNHk)" slowly building in the distance? The gates must be opening soon now...

BD80
02-10-2010, 04:06 PM
10" of fresh snow on the ground, blustery winds up here north of Detroit.

But the wind seems to be shifting, steadily blowing to the southeast, where a warm glow is building.

Wow, Carolina REALLY sucks!

Ima Facultiwyfe
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else hear "O Fortuna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrML6s1wNHk)" slowly building in the distance? The gates must be opening soon now...

OOOh! Wouldn't it be great if the pep band had a version of that?!

Love, Ima

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM

What a great idea...... O Fortuna should be played when the Carolina team comes out on floor in Cameron on March 6.

airowe
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
5:39 and the 4 Horseman are riding their stallions down the streets of Durham, heading west and leaving steaming piles of roy in their wake.

devildeac
02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Hope the 'holes will visit here very soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_DCGCcOFpU&feature=related

Greg_Newton
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
What a great idea...... O Fortuna should be played when the Carolina team comes out on floor in Cameron on March 6.

Baha that would be awesome. It actually is a mildly terrifying song if it's loud enough.

Only 150 more minutes...

DukieInKansas
02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
As game time approaches, it appears the impending opening of the gates of hades to allow the tar heels entry is messing with electricity across the land. The tv would turn off the picture but sound still came from the set. Something eerie is happening.

WiJoe
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f
9f

OZZIE4DUKE
02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
carolina is now firmly, and deeply, in HELL! May they stay there FOREVER!

weezie
02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Fan the flames with tyler's smelly old jersey. Aw shucks, did we ruin his night?:cool:

Jumbo
02-10-2010, 11:54 PM
carolina is now firmly, and deeply, in HELL! May they stay there FOREVER!

Right on, Ozzie!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-11-2010, 07:50 AM
From my friend EJ on some Crazie site! :cool::D

You put your left heel in;
You take your left heel out;
You put all Heels in, and you shake them all about;

You do the Tarheel pokey;
And you fry them all in Hell;
And that's what it's all about!