PDA

View Full Version : Effect of Blizzard on Carolina

RoyalBlue08
02-06-2010, 12:16 PM
So, it looks like the Carolina basketball team is in Maryland, buried under about two feet of snow (all my news coming from twitter updates...the players are joking about the bus being stuck in the parking lot of the hotel). Assuming they find a way to get to the stadium and play the game tomorrow, I think it is reasonable to assume they are going to have an interesting commute back to Chapel Hill. Thinking this has to be an advantage to Duke with the big game coming up on Wednesday.

RainingThrees
02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
So, it looks like the Carolina basketball team is in Maryland, buried under about two feet of snow (all my news coming from twitter updates...the players are joking about the bus being stuck in the parking lot of the hotel). Assuming they find a way to get to the stadium and play the game tomorrow, I think it is reasonable to assume they are going to have an interesting commute back to Chapel Hill. Thinking this has to be an advantage to Duke with the big game coming up on Wednesday.

Plenty of time till Wednesday. Unless they can't get back till Tuesday there shouldn't be much of a difference compared to what their preparation would be like without the blizzard. Even if they do get back late I expect them to be hyped up for Duke, knowing that a win could be the difference between the NIT and the NCAA tourney.

moonpie23
02-06-2010, 01:58 PM
we don't want to make their season "relevant" !!

superdave
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Stop obsessing over a 13-9 team! Or at least try to tone it down a little bit...

grossbus
02-06-2010, 02:58 PM
you can be sure they won't play like 13-9 against us.

RoyalBlue08
02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Stop obsessing over a 13-9 team! Or at least try to tone it down a little bit...

I'm not obsessed with Carolina, but I am obsessed with the Carolina-Duke game and am interested in any of the small details that may effect the outcome. They could be 0-22 and I would still have this game circled on my calendar.

GoingFor#5
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm sure they will get back on time. Maybe won't leave tonight, but roads will be clear enough tomorrow and as long as there isn't more bad weather the airport should be on schedule. Let's just make them wish they stayed in Maryland.

CameronBornAndBred
02-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm sure they will get back on time. Maybe won't leave tonight...
They better not if they want to play tomorrow.:rolleyes:

GoingFor#5
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
They better not if they want to play tomorrow.:rolleyes:

LOL you can't blame me for not following an irrelevant team.

dukestheheat
02-06-2010, 04:39 PM
They need to get chilly today because this upcoming Wednesday night, we are going to burn Chapel Hill down to the ground.

dth.

Greg_Newton
02-06-2010, 04:39 PM

That's actually an interesting point... I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be able to leave tonight given that Maryland was expecting to get 2.5 feet of snow by then. An extra day of preparation is not trivial.

arnie
02-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I can see ole Roy begging to move the game to Thursday. In fact, they could refuse to come back until then, wonder what Swofford would do?

dyedwab
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
...I do not think its a given that they get out on time...

...No flights out of any airports around here until further notice...

...There is NO WAY that this area can clear roads quickly....I assume the city will be basically shut down at least Monday, and probably into Tuesday.

So they might make it home on time...but it won't be effortless.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2010, 04:58 PM
...I do not think its a given that they get out on time...

...No flights out of any airports around here until further notice...

...There is NO WAY that this area can clear roads quickly....I assume the city will be basically shut down at least Monday, and probably into Tuesday.

So they might make it home on time...but it won't be effortless.
May their journey be safe, but I hope it takes them days and days of exhaustive effort and waiting. :p

superdave
02-06-2010, 05:02 PM
UNC will be better off driving home than flying. They probably could not fly home until Monday. It's still coming down here. Looks like Nepal outside.

El_Diablo
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM

If the team bus is just spinning its tires in the snow, Roy knows how to get some traction on those tires...

...just throw the players under the bus.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
If the team bus is just spinning its tires in the snow, Roy knows how to get some traction on those tires...

Very well said!
GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!

superdave
02-06-2010, 05:24 PM

Hee Hee. Now that is funny.

If Roy tries to put tape over "Duke" on his chair again, he should be asked to leave.

Stray Gator
02-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Hee Hee. Now that is funny.

If Roy tries to put tape over "Duke" on his chair again, he should be asked to leave.

The way things are going, I expect Roy may soon start putting tape over the "UNC" on his chair before home games...

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-06-2010, 05:56 PM
That's actually an interesting point... I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be able to leave tonight given that Maryland was expecting to get 2.5 feet of snow by then. An extra day of preparation is not trivial.

Won't they be leaving after the game tomorrow (Sunday)?

By that time the regular bus driver will have put chains on the bus and they can head back to CH where the temperature is surging as tempus fugit. ;)

MChambers
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
It's stopped snowing here, after about 27 inches or so. By tomorrow evening, I suspect UNC can get to the airport. Don't know how their flight rates against all the others backed up at the airports here, but I'm sure they'll get back late tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I'm rooting for Monday, of course.

ArkieDukie
02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm in the minority, but I don't want any major travel difficulties for them. Just imagine what we'll have to listen to from the talking heads, the carowhina fans, the press, and Ol' Roy if they can't make it back to chappaheeya until Tuesday. We can beat 'em anyway; I'd rather not give Ol' Roy an excuse to use after they lose.

Devilsfan
02-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Two of the classiest fans in the country, NOT!

BD80
02-06-2010, 09:16 PM
UNC will be better off driving home than flying. They probably could not fly home until Monday. It's still coming down here. Looks like Nepal outside.

Viva Nepal! Viva Nepal!

Or, more apropos for carolina, to again quote Chandler Jarrell:

"Kiss my a$s."

SO funny!!

But are there any left to throw under there?

Would Henson make any difference?

striker219
02-06-2010, 09:28 PM

13-9?

On Wednesday they will be 0-0, just like us.

striker219
02-06-2010, 09:29 PM

I don't know what I like better about this post, 'Ol Roy throwing players under the bus, or the fact that at UNC the wheels are spinning but they aren't going anywhere.