PDA

View Full Version : Newly installed motion offense?

Exiled_Devil
02-06-2010, 09:45 AM
This was a quick line in the GaTech write-up, and I was wondering about it. I didn't see anything new in the offense on Wednesday, although I must admit I was distracted from much of the game by all the fouls.

Anyone have some insight into what the team is doing differently?

uncwdevil
02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
They talked about it on the post-game show. I'm not sure what exactly they were doing different mechanically, but the gist of it was to get more fluid motion on offense. It sounded like, in particular, the goal was to get Kyle moving around more.

The offense looked more fluid to me, but everything looks better when the shots are dropping.

Newton_14
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
This was a quick line in the GaTech write-up, and I was wondering about it. I didn't see anything new in the offense on Wednesday, although I must admit I was distracted from much of the game by all the fouls.

Coach K indicated in his post game press conference, that changes were made prior to the Tech game, and they went back to more of a true motion offense. He mentioned that in the Tech game, they ran very few set plays in attempt to free Kyle up more.

He stated that in doing so, it gave Kyle the ability to move to spots on the floor as he chose and more importantly made Kyle's movements "unpredictable" to keep the defense guessing more.

Also on catches, Kyle immediately looked to turn and shoot vs "sizing" up the defender. It worked quite well as we saw.

I thought the offense looked very different against Tech than in the last several games. It led to better scoring oppotunities for everyone really.

I put a link to the presser in the post game thread if you want to listen to K'c comments..

JBDuke
02-06-2010, 10:05 AM

Well, I'm no expert, but I thought our spacing an offense was a lot better, we moved better without the ball, and we made better use of screens. As I understand it, those are all components of a motion offense.