PDA

View Full Version : Clippees?

BD80
02-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Tell me April fools is coming early.

Or is it always April fools when the Clippers are concerned:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/Los-Angeles-Clippers-Isiah-Thomas-020510

NBA Hall of Famer and current men’s basketball coach at Florida International University Isiah Thomas has emerged as one of the candidates to run the Los Angeles Clippers.

Good God, what has he done to merit this opportunity? The Clips have Blake Griffin on ice till next year, a high pick coming up, a critical free agent year coming up and what will be a very active trading period in the next week. Sterling really doesn't want a winner does he?

Isiah bankrupted the CBA and ruined the Knicks. The best that can be said is that he wasn't awful with the Pacers (but firing him wasn't unwarranted).

El_Diablo
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
To be fair, the Knicks were ruined before Isiah arrived.

MChambers
02-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Good God, what has he done to merit this opportunity?
It is the Clippers, after all. Maybe Sterling and Thomas belong together.

Newton_14
02-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Should Isiah then hire Lane Kiffin to coach them? I mean Lane has conquered the NFL and College FB, and likely needs a new challenge...Both Isiah and Lane have accomplished so much individually, I imagine they would make the perfect team..:p

CameronBornAndBred
02-05-2010, 11:31 PM
"I can't deny it more strongly," one of the executives said. "We haven't called him and we're not planning on calling him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4891655

striker219
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
It is the Clippers, after all. Maybe Sterling and Thomas belong together.

*DING*DING*DING*DING*DING*

We have a winner folks, check back in with the DBR for next week's edition of "God Hates Who?"!

mgtr
02-06-2010, 01:00 AM
At least Isiah was great at handling employee relations. Snicker, snicker.:rolleyes:

Starter
02-06-2010, 01:05 AM
To be fair, the Knicks were ruined before Isiah arrived.

Not like what Isiah did to them. Things weren't great before that, but he took a mediocre team and decimated it with a mountain of horrible contracts and humiliating scandals. As a Knicks fan, I couldn't wait for him to go, though his reign of ineptitude continues in that he traded their first-round pick in 2010 -- SIX YEARS AGO. Couldn't agree more with the people that say that he and wretched Clippers owner Donald Sterling are a perfect match. Poor Blake Griffin... guy hasn't even played a game yet and he probably can't wait to get outta there.