PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke-UNC

wandalee
02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Monday night (2/8) UNC comes to CIS. They have lost 2 in a row, so will be anxious for a win. Duke is coming off their 1st ACC loss, so will be anxious for a win. It should be a great game, as usual.
We need a huge Duke crowd since UNC usually brings a large contingent with them. I hope all you students (especially the football team) who showed up for the UConn game will come to this one, too.

uh_no
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Monday night (2/8) UNC comes to CIS. They have lost 2 in a row, so will be anxious for a win. Duke is coming off their 1st ACC loss, so will be anxious for a win. It should be a great game, as usual.
We need a huge Duke crowd since UNC usually brings a large contingent with them. I hope all you students (especially the football team) who showed up for the UConn game will come to this one, too.

i wanna see me some burning benches

jimsumner
02-05-2010, 04:28 PM
McCallie met with the media today. Some notes

Duke is over 5K in tickets sold for the UNC game. Expect a sell-out or darn close.

Team got back from BC about 12:30 and had a film session first thing this morning. McCallie says Duke was "fat and happy" after the FSU blow-out. "Infuriated with how we handled that. We all have to bear responsibility." Coach P was "very unhappy" with pert near everything from last night but rebounding topped the list. Duke was just outworked and outhustled. Didn't attack glass. Words like "casual" and "didn't play with any urgency" ' tossed around. Duke's posts were especially ineffective. Krystal Thomas contributed little.

Poor decision making led to dumb fouls. Keturah Jackson fouled out with the game tied late on a foul 80-feet from the basket. Team IQ was low last night.

Jasmine Thomas and Joy Cheek also part of the proceedings. Very well taught in the art of not saying anthing that might be interpreted as bulletin-board stuff.
McCallie maintains that you shouldn't have "to learn to lose" but Duke will have to take that approach from last night's game.

Offensive woes largely a result of poor A/TO ratio and questionable decision-making. McCallie feels that Duke should have a half-dozen players scoring in double figures with better ball movement and decision making.

UNC? Duke just starting to get ready for Heels. Duke needs better play from KT and Vernerey to keep from being overwhelmed inside. First time since 1997 that both Duke and Carolina come into their game off losses.

McCallie concedes that Carolina's backcourt quickness will compel Duke to pick its spots regarding the press. Try to mix up defenses and keep DeGraffenreid and Lucas off balance.

Interesting discussion on road woes. Good teams embrace playing on the road, look forward to road games. "business-like, aggressive approach. Anytime, anywhere." Duke isn't there yet.