PDA

View Full Version : Question about Defense?

duke4life32182
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I was wondering has anyone seen that moment yet this year where the Duke guard slaps the floor telling the team to lets get after it? If they have when did they do it b/c I can't remember a time when they did it this year. Can someone move this post for me. Dumb me put it in the wrong spot.

CDu
02-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I was wondering has anyone seen that moment yet this year where the Duke guard slaps the floor telling the team to lets get after it? If they have when did they do it b/c I can't remember a time when they did it this year. Can someone move this post for me. Dumb me put it in the wrong spot.

Haven't really seen it, but I haven't really been looking for it either. Of course, I always felt that the floor-slap was highly overrated, as it often preceded a defender getting beaten off the dribble shortly thereafter.

bigboi3756
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Thats the thing i miss most about greg paulus

Misunderestimated
02-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm 98% certain Nolan did it in the 2nd half against Wake.

Battierfan01
02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm 98% certain Nolan did it in the 2nd half against Wake.

Seems like I do remember Nolan doing it once during a game this year. Also I do remember Nolan clapping his hands a couple of times on defense after a big offensive play trying to get the team and fans fired up.

shoutingncu
02-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Seems like I do remember Nolan doing it once during a game this year. Also I do remember Nolan clapping his hands a couple of times on defense after a big offensive play trying to get the team and fans fired up.

I think I've seen Scheyer use this approach, as well... the clapping, that is. Not the floor slapping.