PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Gets All The Calls

dukemsu
02-03-2010, 11:10 PM
CU scaring the bejeezus out of the Jayhawks, and Collins gets a very fortunate call with 35 seconds to go.

Aldrich, who clearly has something wrong with him as he is moving around like Frankenstein, has been throwing himself around the last four minutes with zero calls.

Tie game. CU ball.

dukemsu

dukemsu
02-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Jayhawks answer the bell on D. Tie game with a couple seconds to go.

dukemsu

dukelifer
02-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Jayhawks answer the bell on D. Tie game with a couple seconds to go.

dukemsu

Kansas is a good team- they have all the pieces to win it all. Still they have been playing lots of close games.

dukemsu
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Kansas is a good team- they have all the pieces to win it all. Still they have been playing lots of close games.

Strange to see Xavier Henry on the bench for much of crunch time.

Crimson Blue, should we make anything of that?

dukemsu

Jarhead
02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Colorado 72, Kansas 66 in overtime

crimsonandblue
02-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Strange to see Xavier Henry on the bench for much of crunch time.

Crimson Blue, should we make anything of that?

dukemsu

Probably. He's really struggled since conference games started. And like lots of freshmen, not hitting shots bleeds into other aspects of his game and in close games, when you miss a defensive assignment for Self you sit. When you get back in the game and chuck a 23-footer without looking inside when no one's making anything, you sit (especially when you miss and you're 0-fer from the floor).

Hopefully he can get his sea legs under him. His shot has failed him (although he at least made free throws, which no one else did tonight), but we need him to toughen up, continue taking good shots in the flow, and keep his head.

CU, by the way, was missing their best player, Alec Burks. A little Ewing Theory mixed with monumental let down after playing Mizzou and KState... Oh well, 4-0 on the road in conference with a trip to Austin looming. I can't think Nebraska at home will be quite the trap game this one was...

SoCalDukeFan
02-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Colorado 72, Kansas 66 in overtime

Kansas 72
Colorado 66

SoCal

A-Tex Devil
02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Probably. He's really struggled since conference games started. And like lots of freshmen, not hitting shots bleeds into other aspects of his game and in close games, when you miss a defensive assignment for Self you sit. When you get back in the game and chuck a 23-footer without looking inside when no one's making anything, you sit (especially when you miss and you're 0-fer from the floor).

Hopefully he can get his sea legs under him. His shot has failed him (although he at least made free throws, which no one else did tonight), but we need him to toughen up, continue taking good shots in the flow, and keep his head.

CU, by the way, was missing their best player, Alec Burks. A little Ewing Theory mixed with monumental let down after playing Mizzou and KState... Oh well, 4-0 on the road in conference with a trip to Austin looming. I can't think Nebraska at home will be quite the trap game this one was...

I NEVER take big lines on road favorites, but when I saw Burks was out, with a line of -14, I figured it was worth a shot. Oh well.

I'll be at the Game Monday. Let's hope UT can figure out it's personnel problems and play the right guys. Should be a good one and I hope both teams bring their "A" game.

crimsonandblue
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I NEVER take big lines on road favorites, but when I saw Burks was out, with a line of -14, I figured it was worth a shot. Oh well.

I'll be at the Game Monday. Let's hope UT can figure out it's personnel problems and play the right guys. Should be a good one and I hope both teams bring their "A" game.

We've won 41 of the last 42 against CU, but there have been a ton of near misses in Coors. The altitude. The suckitude of CU. It's tough to get up for that game, even though there are always a ton of western Kansas KU fans who make the trip.

Yeah. Hamilton going off against OSU was a good sign. Still, UT needs Pittman to come around. I like Johnson a lot, but he's good depth and filler, not a real sub for Dexter. James is a given. Is Wangmene hurt? The big white stiffs are fouls to give.

It's odd that KU and UT have had some parallel struggles this year (well, relatively speaking). KU hasn't really had its guys play a great cohesive game other than maybe Temple. We've had Aldrich struggle with illness and family stuff. Marcus Morris go through a spell that led to his benching for a bit. And now Henry struggling with the freshman wall/shot issues.

Meanwhile, Texas had issues solidifying its guard rotation, sifting in Brown and Lucas. And has now seemed to find something on the perimeter only to have its bigs (particularly Pittman) falter.

There are always issues. It should be a good one in Austin. Enjoy it.