PDA

View Full Version : We're #1 in the ACC

DoubleDuke Dad
01-31-2010, 08:35 PM
In the ACC. Maryland just lost to Clemson.

NYC Duke Fan
01-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Big Deal !!! THe Conference is mediocre at best and we can't win a road game.

DevilHorns
01-31-2010, 08:51 PM

There's much of the season left. Though the Georgetown game is fresh in our memory, realize we have several hard tests left, and many things can happen. Players can develop (I'm talking to you Mason, and you Miles, and you Kyle at the 3).

RoyalBlue08
01-31-2010, 09:07 PM

I wonder if you logged on to this site with the idea of...I'm depressed and I'm going to bring someone else down with me!

I would suggest tuning into the Carolina game if you need to be cheered up. They are the gift that just keeps on giving.

DoubleDuke Dad
01-31-2010, 09:20 PM

Wow. I apologize for disturbing your funk with good news. Yes, being #1 does not mean much at this point in the season. However, it is a lot better to be on top than where UNC is!

roywhite
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM

Are you kidding?

Finishing first in the regular season is an important goal.

Sorry if it doesn't fit your agenda.

sagegrouse
01-31-2010, 10:23 PM

Hey, NYC! Why don't you go into the country and breathe some fresh air. It might do you good.

sagegrouse

Newton_14
01-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Are you kidding?

Exactly! Good point Roy!

See, that is the problem with the current culture of it's NCAA Title or the season is a bust. I am very glad I have a very different perspective. Winning the ACC Regular Season and ACC Tournament are always Goal Number 1 to me. Winning the National Title is the ultimate but it just is not realistic to have that be the only thing that matters year in and year out.

I for one am very glad Duke is now at the top of the ACC standings and has a great chance to finish there. Get that done and then go for the ACC Tourney title. After that it is then time to set the goal of making the Final Four. Get there and there is a realistic chance of taking the big one home.

But to pooh pooh away the conference championships as not being important is just wrong to me.

Anyway, I am with you Roy, 1st place in the ACC is an important goal. Glad to see our guys have a leg up on everyone else while our main rivals are fighting to stay out of the cellar...

airowe
01-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Are you kidding?

I didn't think we cared about the regular season, only the ACC Tourney ;)

BTW, I think we win both this year...

ncexnyc
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
I didn't think we cared about the regular season, only the ACC Tourney ;)

BTW, I think we win both this year...

Obviously both are important, but as my hole fan co-worker loves to remind me, "Neither gets you a SI Special Edition Cover.":D

Vincetaylor
01-31-2010, 11:12 PM
If we can't win the ACC this year when it is as bad as it is, I would rank it with Coach K's worst coaching jobs. That being said, I totally expect us to win the regular season title.

MarkD83
01-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Exactly! Good point Roy!

See, that is the problem with the current culture of it's NCAA Title or the season is a bust. I am very glad I have a very different perspective. Winning the ACC Regular Season and ACC Tournament are always Goal Number 1 to me. Winning the National Title is the ultimate but it just is not realistic to have that be the only thing that matters year in and year out.

I for one am very glad Duke is now at the top of the ACC standings and has a great chance to finish there. Get that done and then go for the ACC Tourney title. After that it is then time to set the goal of making the Final Four. Get there and there is a realistic chance of taking the big one home.

But to pooh pooh away the conference championships as not being important is just wrong to me.

Anyway, I am with you Roy, 1st place in the ACC is an important goal. Glad to see our guys have a leg up on everyone else while our main rivals are fighting to stay out of the cellar...

Better to have 17 plus great years than only 3.

Duke4life92
02-01-2010, 01:18 AM

Sure the road trip to georgetown was a bust but i do believe we did just recently beat a very good team in clemson on the road,did we not?:rolleyes:

-bdbd
02-01-2010, 01:20 AM

Well, yes it is....
Certainly it appears to be to the DC-based media. For those of us in the DC area for the last several days having to endure all of the local crowing about the Terps "are currently in first place in the ACC" (when they and the MD fans weren't gushing about how the Dukies got "trounced" by Gerogetown). Actually, the Wash Post on Sat, the day that Duke was playing in DC vs GT - this being a paper than has lagged in ACC coverage recently - just happened to have a headline/article on the front of the sports section about MD being in first (complete with chart listing the whole ACC) and how luminaries like UNC and Duke and Clemson all trailed them. So, yeah, the MD rooters and their journalism school flunkies were pretty excited about it.

And it certainly is a lot better than where those bottom-dwelling heels are!!

:D:D:D

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Sure the road trip to georgetown was a bust but i do believe we did just recently beat a very good team in clemson on the road,did we not?:rolleyes:

You are correct. I did forget about the win at Clemson

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Hey, NYC! Why don't you go into the country and breathe some fresh air. It might do you good.

sagegrouse

Sorry, I just do not get so excited about Duke being in first place in the ACC, ( which is not the usual top conference this year ), after 7 games and being 1/2 game ahead of several teams.

It is too cold up here to go out in the country and breathe fresh air. If it were the spring I might take your advise.

pfrduke
02-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Sorry, I just do not get so excited about Duke being in first place in the ACC

I hope I never, ever reach that day as a Duke fan.

Do I want this program to be able to contend for national titles? Yes. Do I worry about this particular team's chances to be a viable threat past the first weekend in March? Yes. But 1st place in the ACC remains 1st place in the ACC, even if it's at the mid-point of the season, even if it's a down year for the conference. Leading the conference is exciting, just like winning the conference would be exciting. Even if we want our players and team to be the best on a national level, we shouldn't let that goal interfere with our ability to enjoy success in the conference.

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Well, yes it is....
Certainly it appears to be to the DC-based media. For those of us in the DC area for the last several days having to endure all of the local crowing about the Terps "are currently in first place in the ACC" (when they and the MD fans weren't gushing about how the Dukies got "trounced" by Gerogetown). Actually, the Wash Post on Sat, the day that Duke was playing in DC vs GT - this being a paper than has lagged in ACC coverage recently - just happened to have a headline/article on the front of the sports section about MD being in first (complete with chart listing the whole ACC) and how luminaries like UNC and Duke and Clemson all trailed them. So, yeah, the MD rooters and their journalism school flunkies were pretty excited about it.

And it certainly is a lot better than where those bottom-dwelling heels are!!

:D:D:D

You are correct about the Maryland rooters....I know I have family who went there, ( very, very tough ).

As to UNC, I would trade places with them in a heartbeat. I would gladly be in last place in the ACC and not even make the tournament this year if need be, if I could have won the NCAA tournament last year, ( and know that next year I will be a top team again).

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
I hope I never, ever reach that day as a Duke fan.

Do I want this program to be able to contend for national titles? Yes. Do I worry about this particular team's chances to be a viable threat past the first weekend in March? Yes. But 1st place in the ACC remains 1st place in the ACC, even if it's at the mid-point of the season, even if it's a down year for the conference. Leading the conference is exciting, just like winning the conference would be exciting. Even if we want our players and team to be the best on a national level, we shouldn't let that goal interfere with our ability to enjoy success in the conference.

I did say that I wasn't excited after ONLY 7 GAMES and being only 1/2 game in front of several schools.If they win the conference and ACC tournament, I will change.

pfrduke
02-01-2010, 03:26 AM
I did say that I wasn't excited after ONLY 7 GAMES and being only 1/2 game in front of several schools.If they win the conference and ACC tournament, I will change.

As far as I'm concerned, being in first is always fun. Be it after 1, 7, or 17 games. And we haven't actually spent much time in 1st place in the ACC this year, thanks to the early GT loss. Nice to be back on top.

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Exactly! Good point Roy!

Sorry to respectfully disagree with you and I might be in the minority here, but that is OK. The goal for a major basketball power like Duke has to be the winning of the NCAA championship, whether it is realistic or not, and if Duke does not win it it does not mean that we had a disappointing season.

Winning the ACC season and the ACC Tournament are first steps and are nice but not the goal for a school like Duke. Does anyone really remember who won the ACC season the last 3 years ? I am sure you would be very disappointed if Duke won the season but lost out in the first round of the tournament.

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 03:45 AM
As far as I'm concerned, being in first is always fun. Be it after 1, 7, or 17 games. And we haven't actually spent much time in 1st place in the ACC this year, thanks to the early GT loss. Nice to be back on top.

I certainly respect your opinion as I hope you do mine. This is only a sports forum and one that is conducted in a very professional manner where one can express their opinion without the nastiness that I have seen on other forums.

Indoor66
02-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Obviously both are important, but as my hole fan co-worker loves to remind me, "Neither gets you a SI Special Edition Cover.":D

Big deal on the cover!

tele
02-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Not only is Duke in first place in the ACC, which is nice, they also have the fewest losses overall of anyone in the ACC. Which may not seem like much consolation, but it isn't such a bad place to be if you are looking to make a stretch run for a championship, conference, tourney, or the other one.

Besides if Duke hadn't had a couple of those losses along the way, where would they be ranked nationally now? Top three? Maybe number one? I'm not sure if being ranked so high during the season would be such a good thing for a team that is still trying to get better and put together the kind of team defense that a National Championship is going to take.

Duvall
02-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Sorry to respectfully disagree with you and I might be in the minority here, but that is OK. The goal for a major basketball power like Duke has to be the winning of the NCAA championship, whether it is realistic or not, and if Duke does not win it it does not mean that we had a disappointing season.

Duke has played what, 105 seasons of basketball? And won the title exactly three times.

I don't think your perspective on the game is a viable one.

roywhite
02-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I certainly respect your opinion as I hope you do mine. This is only a sports forum and one that is conducted in a very professional manner where one can express their opinion without the nastiness that I have seen on other forums.

That's fine, so I'm not sure why you would participate in this particular thread. It's about our progress in the regular season race, and most here are very interested in that (and happy to see we're in first place). Your intention in your initial post seemed to be to throw cold water on that.

Lots of us are interested in Duke basketball other than the results of the NCAA tournament.

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 10:03 AM
That's fine, so I'm not sure why you would participate in this particular thread. It's about our progress in the regular season race, and most here are very interested in that (and happy to see we're in first place). Your intention in your initial post seemed to be to throw cold water on that.

Lots of us are interested in Duke basketball other than the results of the NCAA tournament.

I did not intend to indicate that I wasn't happy that Duke was in first place , I just can't get excited over that fact with only 7 games being played and Duke having only a 1/2 game lead over several teams. I am as interested in Duke basketball as the next guy but maybe my expectations are different. It doesn't make me less of a fan .

Maybe it is only me but I was very disappointed when Duke lost to VCU, West Virginia and Villanova in the tournament and especially after the VCU loss I couldn't have cared less if Duke had won the ACC season or the ACC tournament.

davekay1971
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Duke is in a good position at this point to win the ACC regular season and, more importantly, to continue to develop as a team.

We have two problems at this point, and I think both can be improved.

1) We're not getting the production we need from the interior...most particularly from the Plumlees. Not to single out two young guys, but we've seen their potential, so I actually mean this in a positive way. We know by now that Lance and Zoubs aren't going to give us much offense. But both of the Plumlees have great physical skills and the potential to be significant contributors. If (if if if) they can start giving us more consistent production it will take a ton of pressure off Scheyer, Singler, and Smith. The 3 S's are all great players, but they can all have off nights, and they're not going to combine for 60 points night in and night out. Offensive production in the paint can balance that and really move us to the next level. We know that's not going to come from LT and Z...but the Plumlees have shown us that it CAN come from them.

2) We're still struggling on the road. We have some tough road games in hostile environments coming up. I have hope that we can use that to improve our ability to focus and raise our own intensity away from Cameron. Granted that in March we'll be playing on neutral courts where we've done well this year...but when you're Duke, a neutral court in March frequently means a hostile crowd.

I look at the last 10 games of the regular season as a great opportunity to work on those two issues. Improve on them, and we could be a very, very tough team to beat in March.

camion
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I live in Greenville, SC and have to deal with Clemson football fans regularly. Many of them remember the National Championship that Clemson won in 1982. Many weren't born at the time, but they still remember it and see it as the natural order of things that Clemson should win the national championship every year. They have been disappointed for nearly three decades now and have missed out on enjoying some excellent teams.

Lot's of fans at lots of schools have a similar viewpoint be it in football, basketball or another sport. I don't.

As far as Duke basketball is concerned, I consider the regular season important. I think the ACC tournament is important. The NCAA tournament is important. I take much pleasure in, and get excited about the journey and accomplishments along the way. None of it is a birthright and all accomplishments are worthy of celebration.

Apparently I get to enjoy a season more than most. :)

One other thing, the ACC this year isn't mediocre at best. It's mediocre at worst. According to both Sagarin and Pomeroy the ACC is a highly rated conference from top to bottom. If you want to see "mediocre at best" check out the Pac 10.

ncexnyc
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Big deal on the cover!

It is a big deal, as it means you've won the National Championship.

roywhite
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
It is a big deal, as it means you've won the National Championship.

Yeah, I think we get that.

Are you perhaps related to NYC Duke Fan, or also hail from the Big Apple?

You both spend a lot of time talking down Duke, and defending UNC. It's not a popular strategy here.

weezie
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
when you're Duke, a neutral court in March frequently means a hostile crowd.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I attend as many of Duke's NCAA games as possible and sad to say, there may be only one favorably disposed court in the whole country, and that is MSG, where the NCAAs never venture anymore.

ncexnyc
02-01-2010, 01:01 PM

You both spend a lot of time talking down Duke, and defending UNC. It's not a popular strategy here.

There's a big difference between talking down Duke and being even handed and realistic.

roywhite
02-01-2010, 01:11 PM
There's a big difference between talking down Duke and being even handed and realistic.

I'll take note that you've taken the task of curbing any excess enthusiasm or positive reports. I'd congratulate you for that role, but you seem to have congratulated yourself already.

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I attend as many of Duke's NCAA games as possible and sad to say, there may be only one favorably disposed court in the whole country, and that is MSG, where the NCAAs never venture anymore.

So is the Meadowlands

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 01:20 PM

It is always easy to criticize. All I said that I was not excited that at this stage of the season with only 7 games played, that Duke was atop of the ACC, and only 1/2 game ahead of several teams. You were excited about this, I was not. That is in no way of, " talking down Duke ".

My reference to UNC, if you read my response to those who were saying look at UNC at the bottom of the ACC, was I would gladly trade places with them by being last in the ACC and winning the National Championship last year.

Fish80
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm excited to be on top in the ACC! Every game is exciting, and every win even more so! And I'm excited to see UNC down in the depths.

Even in a loss, there are exciting moments. Near the end of the Georgetown game, Mason stole the ball near mid court and broke away for a nasty dunk. I loved that play!

Fish80
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
It is always easy to criticize. All I said that I was not excited that at this stage of the season with only 7 games played, that Duke was atop of the ACC, and only 1/2 game ahead of several teams. You were excited about this, I was not. That is in no way of, " talking down Duke ".

My reference to UNC, if you read my response to those who were saying look at UNC at the bottom of the ACC, was I would gladly trade places with them by being last in the ACC and winning the National Championship last year.

I don't follow your logic. We don't get to make that type of trade. Why not win the ACC and the NCAA tournament?

AlaskanAssassin
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Is it possible to see unc in the first round of the acc tourney?

ncexnyc
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll take note that you've taken the task of curbing any excess enthusiasm or positive reports. I'd congratulate you for that role, but you seem to have congratulated yourself already.

It would appear that you've had more than your share of the koolaid. Maybe you wouldn't mind lending me your pompoms for our next game and perhaps I could be more of a cheerleader like you.

While I am enjoying the heels fall from grace, I would be a lot happier if we were dominating and at the end of the ACC season we could talk about posting at least two wins over UNC.

They say misery loves company, but gloating over the heels loss last night, doesn't exactly wash away that embarassing loss to G'town on Saturday.

Scorp4me
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
As to UNC, I would trade places with them in a heartbeat. I would gladly be in last place in the ACC and not even make the tournament this year if need be, if I could have won the NCAA tournament last year, ( and know that next year I will be a top team again).

First off I wouldn't trade our 95 season for any of their NC seasons just because it's UNC. Can't imagine a Duke fan saying this.

Second, and obviously I'm different but give me consistent winning over the season over winning a NC any day. Any team can get hot to win 6 in a row and it's exciting, something to brag over, all those things. But I'll disagree vehemently over that being the sole judge of a successful season, program, coach, team, any of that. There's simply too much luck involved.

Newton_14
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
It would appear that you've had more than your share of the koolaid. Maybe you wouldn't mind lending me your pompoms for our next game and perhaps I could be more of a cheerleader like you.

While I am enjoying the heels fall from grace, I would be a lot happier if we were dominating and at the end of the ACC season we could talk about posting at least two wins over UNC.

They say misery loves company, but gloating over the heels loss last night, doesn't exactly wash away that embarassing loss to G'town on Saturday.

Nor does the embarassing loss to G'town wash away the fact that Duke is still a Top ten team, and in 1st place in the conference inspite of not playing anywhere near their potential yet. This is still a good Duke team that can have a great season.

I also think it is very fair to sling a little mud at unc given the fact they were rated in the Top 5 in the country coming into this year and were picked to win the ACC, yet as of now they are struggling to stay out of last place..

NYC Duke Fan
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
First off I wouldn't trade our 95 season for any of their NC seasons just because it's UNC. Can't imagine a Duke fan saying this.

Second, and obviously I'm different but give me consistent winning over the season over winning a NC any day. Any team can get hot to win 6 in a row and it's exciting, something to brag over, all those things. But I'll disagree vehemently over that being the sole judge of a successful season, program, coach, team, any of that. There's simply too much luck involved.

I am not sure that I understand this. Are you saying that you would rather win the ACC Season and/or the ACC tournament, lose in the NCAA tournament in the second or third round, come back the next year and win the ACC season as against winning the NCAA tournament and coming in last in the ACC the following year ?

If that is your opinion, I respect it although I would disagree with it.

camion
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I am not sure that I understand this. Are you saying that you would rather win the ACC Season and/or the ACC tournament, lose in the NCAA tournament in the second or third round, come back the next year and win the ACC season as against winning the NCAA tournament and coming in last in the ACC the following year ?

Given the choice, I would pick an NCAA championship over an ACC championship. As someone else noted earlier, that's not an choice we are given.

Since no win is guaranteed, and certainly not a championship of any sort, I will applaud frequently and celebrate all milestones instead of withholding my approval in anticipation of something that may never come. Should we win another NCAA title I will be ecstatic, but I don't consider an NCAA title the only worthy goal.

superdave
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I know it's silly to worry about rankings, but sometimes they are useful.

Checking Espn Insider's Bracketology rights now, they listed Duke as 7-3 versus RPI Top 50 teams. They referred to these as "quality wins." Kansas was the other team with 7 such quality wins (7-1).

I think the moral of the story is this - we matchup well against certain teams (Clemson, Gonzaga) and poorly against others (GT, Gtown). March completely depends on our draw. We could knock off a couple of favorable matchups and make the Final Four, or we could lose early to a team that's more athletic and drives by us.

Super "Crapshoot" Dave

Scorp4me
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM

I'm saying I'll take a losing Duke season over a winning UNC season =) But other than that yes I'll take a decade of 30 win seasons with no NC over sometimes making the tournament and sometimes not making it but winning a NC during that time. That would be the difference between say Duke and Maryland (not a knock on Maryland, just a good example).

But, assuming winning a NC implies having a good season then not having a good season would imply not winning a NC, but having a good season wouldn't imply winning a NC. (If A then B equals not B then not A, but not necessarily B then A). It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's right. Despite a degree in Math I have a feeling someone on here will tear that up, but what do I care.

So there's a little opinion and a little logic =)

Vincetaylor
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I know it's silly to worry about rankings, but sometimes they are useful.

Checking Espn Insider's Bracketology rights now, they listed Duke as 7-3 versus RPI Top 50 teams. They referred to these as "quality wins." Kansas was the other team with 7 such quality wins (7-1).

I think the moral of the story is this - we matchup well against certain teams (Clemson, Gonzaga) and poorly against others (GT, Gtown). March completely depends on our draw. We could knock off a couple of favorable matchups and make the Final Four, or we could lose early to a team that's more athletic and drives by us.

Super "Crapshoot" Dave

But only 1-3 against the rpi top 25. Those are the types of teams we would meet in the sweet 16, not the 26-50 group that we are 6-0 against. We would meet that group in the 2nd round.

MarkD83
02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
How we each view a successful season for a Duke team will differ based on our historical perspective. I remember teams that were 11-17 and 10-18 my junior and senior years. Therefore, first place in the ACC is a big deal to me. However, first place does not matter until the end of the season and it gets a team a good seed in ACC and the NCAA tournament. The good seed then dictates how well a team can do in the tournament. I only think about the possibility of a Nat'l Championship once Duke gets to the sweet 16 and the seeding looks favorable.

Newton_14
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
But only 1-3 against the rpi top 25. Those are the types of teams we would meet in the sweet 16, not the 26-50 group that we are 6-0 against. We would meet that group in the 2nd round.

All 3 of those losses were at the opposing teams home floor. There are a lot of Top 25 teams that would lose at G'Town and Wisc. I know they have a good team but I do feel the loss at Ga Tech was a bad loss and a game we should have won. And I expect that payback will come this Thursday for that bad loss.

There are a heck of a lot of teams in the Top 25 that Duke would beat on a neutral floor. Especially if they start playing better. Contrary to popular belief this Duke team can actually improve and play better than they have played lately.

dukelifer
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
All 3 of those losses were at the opposing teams home floor. There are a lot of Top 25 teams that would lose at G'Town and Wisc. I know they have a good team but I do feel the loss at Ga Tech was a bad loss and a game we should have won. And I expect that payback will come this Thursday for that bad loss.

There are a heck of a lot of teams in the Top 25 that Duke would beat on a neutral floor. Especially if they start playing better. Contrary to popular belief this Duke team can actually improve and play better than they have played lately.
The Ga Tech is coming at a very good time. This Duke team needs to show it has grown and can win this game after the Georgetown loss. This should be a fun game.

Kfanarmy
02-02-2010, 12:18 AM
... March completely depends on our draw. We could knock off a couple of favorable matchups and make the Final Four, or we could lose early to a team that's more athletic and drives by us.

I think your going to see just enough offensive improvement in the interior and just enough defensive improvements by the Plees that Most teams will not be able to beat Duke without an extreme amount of fortune.

flyingdutchdevil
02-02-2010, 05:28 AM

I think you're absolutely right - this team can play a lot better, especially on the road.

But facts are facts - we are 1-3 against the RPI 25. I think we are making a lot of excuses about the play of this team. Currently, they aren't that good and the FF seems like such a long shot. However, as you said, I really think they can and will improve. We really haven't experienced a drastic improvement of Duke teams in the last 6-7 years (we usually peak right about now), so it'll be great to see what we do in the next 5 weeks.

NSDukeFan
02-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I think you're absolutely right - this team can play a lot better, especially on the road.

But facts are facts - we are 1-3 against the RPI 25. I think we are making a lot of excuses about the play of this team. Currently, they aren't that good and the FF seems like such a long shot. However, as you said, I really think they can and will improve. We really haven't experienced a drastic improvement of Duke teams in the last 6-7 years (we usually peak right about now), so it'll be great to see what we do in the next 5 weeks.

I think you are correct the team currently is not that good, if you are only going based on our last game, or only based on that game and the NC State game. Besides that, I think this 17-4 team leading the ACC is pretty good.
The other question I have about the 1-3 vs. RPI top 25, is how many teams have more RPI top 25 wins, especially on the road?