PDA

View Full Version : Texas v. Baylor...Upset Alert

Duke #33
01-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Texas and Baylor are now in OT. Texas was at the line with about 15 seconds to go up one, and made one of two. Baylor airballed a three and a putback an open layup wiith .3 to go. I'm watching the game on ESPN 360. Hoping Texas falls so i can take my mind(and ESPNs mind) off of Dukes loss.

Duke #33
01-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Baylor up 73-69 with 1:47 left in OT.

riverside6
01-30-2010, 06:28 PM
our live stats here if you're interested

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=5686

Kewlswim
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow. They won in Austin no less. Texas continues to struggle.

GO DUKE!

CDu
01-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Dexter Pittman has just disappeared for Texas. In his last seven games, he's averaging 7ppg and 4rpg. If Pittman is not an impact player, then Texas is just a bunch of little guards and Damion James with no gameplan. I'm not sure what happened to Pittman, but his struggles have coincided with Texas really falling off this month.

ricks68
02-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Gee, and I was so sure that Texas had it all together this year. Next. :confused:

I was just trying to be nice to all my UTexas alumni friends at work by giving them my support. I guess I will just have to go back to talking about Duke bball all day, in spite of the fact that I am a UT professor.

They have always been nice to me, considering I still have a few big pictures on my office wall of Redick putting it to them.;)

ricks

A-Tex Devil
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Texas has a huge personnel dilemma in the backcourt. They start Mason/Balbay/Avery in the backcourt. This is likely the best on the ball defensive backcourt in the country. But it might also be one of the worst offensive backcourts. Teams realize that Mason/Balbay won't/can't shoot, they play a sagging man to man, so that the guards can't get Dex the ball, put best perimeter defender on Bradley to follow him around the court so he's never open, and hope that Damian James can't beat them by himself (the sagging man to man hurts James as well).

So Barnes subs with some combination of Lucas/J'Covan Brown (can someone say Freshman Wall?) and Jordan Hamilton who, while gifted offensively, either are physically (Lucas) or mentally (Brown and Hamilton) incapable of defending off the ball (leading to what happened at UConn).

Texas either can't defend or can't score depending on their guard lineup (unless Justin Mason can come up with games like he did against Tech).

And then there is that little 55% FT shooting issue, Every guy on the team other than Brown and Johnson take free throws like it's the 7th game of the NBA finals. The kids need to relax. The next 2 weeks will be telling. The talent is there. This whole Texas team (other than Damian James) is like Mikey in Swingers. They are a killer bear and they've got these claws, man. And they sit there and stare at them and don't know what to do with these claws. And the opposing team is sitting right there, helpless, and Texas doesn't know what to do with these claws!