PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke Vs. Florida State

CameronBornAndBred
01-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Big game tonight, #7 against #13, on TV at 8:30.

PumpkinFunk
01-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Big game tonight, #7 against #13, on TV at 8:30.

It'd be nice if the Line Monitors could require tenters to come to these big women's games for a better spot once they start tomorrow, but I can't foresee us having any environment like the UConn game or like the game against Carolina. Should be a good one, lots of fun. Gotta dig up some dirt for it, even just a little.

MHTorringjan
01-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that the tenters might not need much more motivation to go inside considering the weather tonight. Here's to the hope of a strong student population in the crowd for the game! :-D Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there, because of prior engagements. It makes me cry a little bit. :(

wandalee
01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I have never understood why the tenters don't come inside for a few hours to watch the WBB games.

I'm hoping to make it - it just depends on the snow storm! I'll bet the crowd will be very small due to the inpending weather.

miramar
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
With the understandable exception of their game against UConn, FSU has won 9 out of their last 10 games. With the same exception, Duke is 10/11.

Like Duke, FSU holds their opponents to about 35% shooting, so this should be a tough game all around. Won't be pretty though.

SCMatt33
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
I have never understood why the tenters don't come inside for a few hours to watch the WBB games.

I'm hoping to make it - it just depends on the snow storm! I'll bet the crowd will be very small due to the inpending weather.

I don't know if they changed the rules, but I always remembered that it was still considered "day time" during games, so there only needed to be one person either in the tent or at the game. I do remember incentives sometimes, like getting the night off if enough people went to the game, but I don't know how it's done this year.

peloton
01-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Chris...didn't realize they were on the tube tonight. I'll definitely catch it, probably hunkering down with an ice cold Leinie or two before the "blizzard" commences. Go Devils!

PumpkinFunk
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that the tenters might not need much more motivation to go inside considering the weather tonight. Here's to the hope of a strong student population in the crowd for the game! :-D Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there, because of prior engagements. It makes me cry a little bit. :(

The Black Tenters will come, but Blue Tenting hasn't officially started and won't until tomorrow night. They can't even turn this game into an incentive to get a no-tent period because the likelihood it's warm enough or that there's not 2 inches of snow on the ground is zero with the way the forecast is looking.

CameronBornAndBred
01-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info, Chris...didn't realize they were on the tube tonight. I'll definitely catch it, probably hunkering down with an ice cold Leinie or two before the "blizzard" commences. Go Devils!
Mmmm...don't even need room in the fridge..just leave the brews outside.

CameronBornAndBred
01-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Awesome defense...I was thinking FSU was gonna go to locker room with single digits.

Verga3
01-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Duke and Defense synonomus......men and women. This squad is good and Coach P has the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in 2010. Impressive game v. Florida State so far in a possible preview of the ACC Tournament final.

Verga3
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Great win tonight!

You may not know that "sisters," Krystal Thomas (Duke) and Alexa DeLuzio (Florida State) are playing against each other for the first time tonight in college. What a great story. Krystal's guardians, the DeLuzio's were sitting in the Duke section. Check out this link, and be sure to view the accompanying video of then 16 year-old Krystal, who already had a Duke Blue bedroom. Special stuff.

http://www.wesh.com/news/9073096/detail.html

miramar
01-29-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't anyone could have ever expected a thirty point blowout. UConn only beat them by 19...

Verga3
01-30-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't anyone could have ever expected a thirty point blowout. UConn only beat them by 19...

You're right. Our ladies are getting better and better. Jasmine Thomas is a star, and she has some legitimate support. Love the swarming D. Wouldn't be surprised at a deep run in the NCAA's this year.

Jim3k
01-31-2010, 03:18 AM
You're right. Our ladies are getting better and better. Jasmine Thomas is a star, and she has some legitimate support. Love the swarming D. Wouldn't be surprised at a deep run in the NCAA's this year.

Until they start running a half court offense, they will have difficulty with any team that plays good defense. P simply doesn't protect her shooters or set up plays for them. Give and go? Maybe 10 times all year. Pick and roll? Hasn't happened. Shooting off a screen? Hasn't happened. Drive and dish? Maybe a few by accident. High-Low? If Krystal would just shoot more, that would work fairly well.

Trying to beat the defender off the bounce? All the time. Easy to defend? Of course.

Fast break points? A few, but aside from Jaz and Bridgette, there isn't a great deal of speed out there.

Mostly, though, it's fling it up and let the bigs put it back. Not good.

Gargoyle
02-01-2010, 05:08 PM
gives her thoughts:

http://voepel.wordpress.com/2010/02/01/1891/