PDA

View Full Version : I just got interviewed by a UK fan!!

Mr Blue Devil
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
I am actively seeking a new job after having my hours cut at my current job. I am getting no bites and it's been tough.

Anyway I get a call from a staffing agency for some commission based sales job which I know I don't have an interest in. But I am not getting any other calls so I figure I'll dust off my interview hat and get some practice.

I walk in and immediately see a giant binder with a hidous UK logo on it. He asks a few standard questions and then:

Him: What are you hobbies?
Me: Cooking, playing music and Duke basketball
(we both kind of start to laugh)
Me: I noticed your Kentucky binder, I can spot a UNC or UK logo anywhere.
Him: I am from Lexington originally. We sure needed that loss the other night.
Me: Yes you did.

77devil
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Since you weren't interested in the job, you should have said Laetner and really set him off. Works practically every time

HaveFunExpectToWin
01-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I used to keep a picture of The Shot on my phone for just this occasion.

camcraz25
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I interviewed for grad school at UK. One professor said to me at the end of the interview, "The big question is, would you be able to root for UK?" I responded saying I don't have anything against them as long as they're not playing Duke. I really didn't. I was not a basketball fan until I went to Duke, hence after all of the legendary Duke/UK games. Several grad students in the evening social also made comments saying they couldn't talk to me. I honestly felt discriminated against...and this was for a psychology program no less!

snowdenscold
01-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Me: Yes you did.

Boom, roasted.

(assuming you meant for different reasons than he did)