PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Florida State

Jumbo
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Who was the Man of the Match vs. Florida State?

KyDevilinIL
01-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Jon. Not much of a contest, really.

RainingThrees
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Scheyer all day. He was clutch except for the near shot clock violation. Speaking of which i can remember the last time Duke had 2 in a game, and we almost had 3!!

allenmurray
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah, but you have to give some big props to Miles for coming back in after they stapled his head!

tele
01-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Singler, led team in rebounds against tall and tough FSU team, plus was leading scorer except for desperation fouls by fsu on Scheyer in last minutes of game. Scheyer shot the ball better than he has been too.

Jumbo
01-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah, but you have to give some big props to Miles for coming back in after they stapled his head!

That's nothing. Patrick Davidson would have stapled his own head, but it would've broken the stapler.

mgtr
01-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Tough game, definitely not a blowout. Had to go with Scheyer, although Singler would not be a bad choice. Hard to believe that the Plumlees didn't dent the boxscore much, although Miles made some contribution (and some boneheads, too). Glad to see Dawkins hit a shot - the crowd clearly loved it.

Lord Ash
01-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Jon with one heck of a game. He is capable of some incredible shots, and he sees the game very, very well.

allenmurray
01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
That's nothing. Patrick Davidson would have stapled his own head, but it would've broken the stapler.

That is great. Really great. :)

DukieBoy
01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Miles gets my vote. Takes an elbow, gets five STAPLES in his head, then comes back and seals the game with a huge dunk.

jv001
01-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Jon is the MOTM in my book. He broke out of his shooting slump and that was big because we were not getting anything on the inside. FSU is tall and can jump out of the gym. Kyle played a good game as well. Lots of good things to take away from the game. Go Duke!

ScreechTDX1847
01-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Kyle. It was good to see him hit some big shots during runs. I feel like he has been just missing those lately.

I_am_a_Blue_Devil
01-28-2010, 12:29 AM
I wish i could vote for the Crazies. Thats the best Ive heard them in a while :D

dyedwab
01-28-2010, 12:43 AM

Patrick Davidson wouldn't have used a stapler. He would have forced the staples in with his bare hands.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Jon gets my MOTM vote. Kyle had a good game, and Lance was clutch on both ends of the floor, especially in the last 8 to 10 minutes. And that tip in by Zoobs! Kyle gets my BedevilerOTM vote.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Jon gets my MOTM vote. Kyle had a good game, and Lance was clutch on both ends of the floor, especially in the last 8 to 10 minutes. And that tip in by Zoobs! Kyle gets my BedevilerOTM vote.
Changed my mind. I voted for Lance for BOTM.

ice-9
01-28-2010, 04:41 AM
I had to work while I watched this game, so only had one eye on the TV most of the time. While I thought Scheyer shot well, his floor game was a bit off -- seemed like he had quite a few turnovers including making bad decisions on the two shot clock violations.

Because of that (and for his points and rebounds) I voted for Singler but Scheyer is second.

Saratoga2
01-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Lance played a great defensive game and helped to steady the offense as well, While both Scheyer and Singler had excellent games, I have to side with Lance based on his contribution.

sandinmyshoes
01-28-2010, 07:35 AM
I voted for Lance. You kind of expect what Scheyer does, but in this game Lance's all over the place game helped offset FSU's speed advantage in the frontcourt.

dukegirlinsc
01-28-2010, 08:04 AM
I gave Zoubs the vote here, just because.

soccerstud2210
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
almost gave it to DreDawk for hitting a three! his first in like what, 7 games? he needed that. something fierce

duke4life32182
01-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Scheyer had a great game and I voted for him, but Singler in my mind had just as an impressive game. He really filled the stat sheet last night. I just wish the guys that are screening for Scheyer, Smith and Singler (that are rolling to the basket) had a better offensive game. We could have an even better team if we had guys that knew how to screen and roll to the basket and finish. One of the Plumlee brothers could be this guy. Could you imagine how much better we would be?

ReformedAggie
01-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I voted for Jon, but in my mind the man of the game was Coach K with his to the zone switch in the second half.

calltheobvious
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Patrick Davidson wouldn't have used a stapler. He would have forced the staples in with his bare hands.

Patrick Davidson wouldn't have needed to bother. When you cut him, he does not bleed.

brumby041
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Lance had a tremendous game - so much of his contribution doesn't appear in the box score...

Defense, rebounding, handling the press, etc.

Brumby

DukeDevilDeb
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Lance played a great defensive game and helped to steady the offense as well, While both Scheyer and Singler had excellent games, I have to side with Lance based on his contribution.

Jon was fantastic and broke through his scoring slump.... but Lance was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Props to both and Kayle and Nolan and Zoubs for the put backs and Miles for the staples and...

Well, how about the whole team?!?!? This is a team that I believe in. If the team that played last night came every night... we'd be awesome!

Jeffrey
01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Patrick Davidson wouldn't have needed to bother. When you cut him, he does not bleed.

That's good, because Patrick no longer has a stapler. Patrick gave it to Jordan for his freshman year. Jordan had it in his dorm room and Josh tried to staple his own head after an all nighter. Obviously, the stapler broke. GP looked on in disgust.

weezie
01-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Kyle all the way. His one hand sky rebound and then the clocking he received running into Singleton. My own teeth rattled after than collision.