PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Boston College 75, Clemson 69

SCMatt33
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Clemson is laying an egg so far in Chestnut Hill. They are down 28-13 with 6:30 left in the first. Too bad since we already have a sweep in hand over them.

CDu
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Clemson is so up and down. They may come back and win despite being down big in the first half. They get and give up huge leads within a single game quite regularly. It all comes down to their press, which is much better at home than on the road.

pfrduke
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Clemson is so up and down. They may come back and win despite being down big in the first half. They get and give up huge leads within a single game quite regularly. It all comes down to their press, which is much better at home than on the road.

Yeah, both offensively and defensively they are decidedly meh if the press isn't working.

allenmurray
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I remember thinking after the last game, is this the beginning of clemson's predictable downslide?

JasonEvans
01-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Pathetic. Clemson is too good to let junk like this happen to them against an ACC bottom feeder. These are the kind of wins they need to make sure they get to the dance and get a decent seed. Absurd that they should be gaaacking like this.

42-25, BC at the halftime break.

--Jason "Clemson 3-8 from the FT line so far... some things never change" Evans

Troublemaker
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
A bit of an emotional letdown going from a Gameday game against Duke to just another ACC game against BC, and I'm sure there's some hangover from playing poorly against Duke, too (although as a Dukie, I'd like to think our defense had something to do with it).

BTW, BC at Chesnut Hill is going to be a very tough game for Duke.

pfrduke
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM

Not the least due to it being a 2pm Saturday game coming after a 7pm Thursday game against Georgia Tech.

CDu
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
True to form, Clemson has come back from a 17-point halftime deficit to make this a game at the end. They shouldn't be losing, but that's the nature of this team that is so dependent on the press.

Wander
01-26-2010, 09:07 PM

I sure hope not. They're IMO the worst team in the league, and their stadium isn't exactly an intimidating place to play.

Yeah, yeah, I know: NC State.

strawbs
01-26-2010, 09:10 PM
i was thinking the BC game would be a trap game for duke since it's sandwiched in between the Gtech and UNC games. Now I'm liking Duke's chances even less because they have a less then 48 hour turnaround after the Gtech game, while BC has a week off to prepare for Duke.
STUPID scheduling

Wildcat
01-26-2010, 10:50 PM
to think that OP can't recruit. With the exception of heavy-handed Booker, they basically have NO scoring talent on the offensive end of the ball. To win big; you need scorers, and they don't have them. Oliver has to know this. He may be a good coach, with a good coaching philosophy, morally, integrity and character builder; but you got to be able to put some points on the board OP to win big in the ACC.

JasonEvans
01-26-2010, 11:51 PM
This was a big loss for Clemson. I felt they were one of the top 3 teams in the league a few days ago. Now they look like a middle of the pack team.

Road wins are going to be very hard to come by in the conference and at BC may have been Clemson's best chance at one. They already have a home loss to Duke and 1 road win at NC State. The rest of their road slate is hard (no Virginia, no Miami). Where will Clemson get the road wins they need to get to 9-7 or are they fated to be an 8-8 team (and only that if they win all their home games)?

--Jason "bad for the ACC's NCAA chances" Evans

oldnavy
01-27-2010, 06:22 AM
to think that OP can't recruit. With the exception of heavy-handed Booker, they basically have NO scoring talent on the offensive end of the ball. To win big; you need scorers, and they don't have them. Oliver has to know this. He may be a good coach, with a good coaching philosophy, morally, integrity and character builder; but you got to be able to put some points on the board OP to win big in the ACC.

I do not disagree with what you say, but to be totally fair, OP had no way to know that he would be without Ogelsby this year, so maybe he wasn't as aggressive recruiting for that spot. But overall, I would have to agree with you.

riverside6
01-27-2010, 08:04 AM
It is worth noting that Demontez Stitt didn't play for Clemson and the Tigers offense suffered because of it. Stitt is Clemson's only player that is able to break defenders down off the dribble and create. With Stitt in the game, Clemson gets up and down the floor. With Andre Young, his backup, in the game they move side-to-side.

duke4life32182
01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, Young is more of a scorer not a traditional PG even though he fits the size requirements. Stitt would have been a big help in this game for Clemson. They are not done yet. No one is dead yet in the ACC, its up for grabs at the very moment. I'm so pumped for tonights game. I expect a big game from Singler.

CDu
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, Young is more of a scorer not a traditional PG even though he fits the size requirements. Stitt would have been a big help in this game for Clemson. They are not done yet. No one is dead yet in the ACC, its up for grabs at the very moment. I'm so pumped for tonights game. I expect a big game from Singler.

And Young isn't even really that much of a scorer. He's a pretty good outside shooter if open, but he can't really create his own shot and is too short to hit his shot with a man in his face. Offensively, he's largely dependent upon others to get his points.

Stitt is better than Young in all phases of the game except three point shooting, and even that has become somewhat close (36% versus 38%). He's much better off the dribble, he's a better playmaker, and he's a better defender. I didn't realize that Stitt wasn't playing. But you're right - without Stitt, they are a VERY weak team on the perimeter.