PDA

View Full Version : Zoubek's time to shine...

scottdude8
01-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Arguably Zoobs' two best games last season were against Florida State, because he finally had a similar player in Solomon Alabi to match up against. Although he isn't going to score that much, as usual, I'm personally excited to see the matchup. Zoobs shut him down twice last year, and if he can do it again Duke has an exponentially better shot of winning Wednesday.

Thoughts?

Wander
01-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately, Zoubek has been fouling at an alarming rate this year. You can never really have any faith for a given game that he'll stay on the floor long enough to have a big impact.

I agree that if he can stay out of foul trouble, it's a favorable matchup.

Newton_14
01-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Zoubs defense in that title game last year turned that game Duke's way and forced FSU to totally change their offensive approach. He was huge in setting the tone on the defensive side that day. It was a joy to watch.

I think this will be yet another game this year where he has success and provides great defense and rebounding. He has had a good impact on several games this year despite the foul trouble.

And we will need him and the other bigs to play well with all the big bodies FSU has inside. For some reason I feel like Mason may have a good night in this match up as well. He needs a bounce back type game to give his confidence a boost and to get back on track a bit. He had a nice 4 game run of playing really well until the last 2 games.