PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Blue Devils

TigerTaz
01-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Good game last night .... for the Duke Blue at least. We tried to keep pace but Duke's defense was a few notches higher than it has been lately and we did not have the offensive answer to it. As well, I think Duke handled our pressure D very well and created the right opportunities. I was hoping we'd get some better outside performance -- but hard to shoot the long ones with jersey's in your face all night.
Oh well -- here's to hoping we both keep slapping the Holes in the face any opportunity we get to face them.
And here's hoping we get to see you guys one more time in the ACC tourney -- we have to win at least 1 out of 3 times. :>)

Good game folks --- I'll pull my head up after a couple of days, but sure would have loved to have gotten that one.

Taz

moonpie23
01-24-2010, 09:30 AM
thanks taz....i pointed your post(s) out to my son as examples of good sportmanship.

as a gamecock, you of course know that i am genetically pre-disposed to disliking the tigers, but you do your school colors proud...

"slapping the holes in the face"...........ahh.....common ground.....the enemy of my enemy is my friend... :)

man, i sure wish y'all played in chapel hill this year.....why don't y'all just drive up there and stand outside the dean dome and challenge them with megaphones to a street game...?? talk about "news".....man, the sports media would be all over that....(of course oliver would make all of them run back to clemson behind the bus) but still......

moonpie23
01-24-2010, 09:32 AM
haha....my son just pointed out MY post as and example of a "trouble maker"....rotflmao...

TigerTaz
01-24-2010, 09:37 AM
man, i sure wish y'all played in chapel hill this year.....why don't y'all just drive up there and stand outside the dean dome and challenge them with megaphones to a street game...?? talk about "news".....man, the sports media would be all over that....(of course oliver would make all of them run back to clemson behind the bus) but still......

I need to make that happen for sure !!!!!!

Thanks Moonpie -- winning and losing is everyday life .. how we handle both is the key to a satisfying life. I appreciate the kudos and same to you. Heathly rivalry and competition is good ... having a good conversation (and even a drink or two) with the competition is a even better.
and btw -- you son seems to be a very smart young man. :)

sivartrenrag
01-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Not much to say other than it's good to have a Clemson fan on here and thanks for the good sportsmanship. I have a lot of respect for Clemson and tend to pull for them against everyone but Duke. Good game the other day and I hope ya'll go far this year (but not farther than Duke :D).

chrishoke
01-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks Tiger. Good luck the rest of the way. Don't be a stranger.

Verga3
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks, TigerTaz. Classy post. You have a very good team and I would not be surprised at all to see you have a deep run into the NCAA's. Oliver Purnell is a fine man and coach....you are lucky to have him. Hope you can keep him after the inevitable success his program will have.

diveonthefloor
01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Purnell is a classy coach and his team reflects him.

Taz is a great example of class himself....as are a large number of ACC fans (just not in College Park, Chapel Hell, or Blacksburg).

gumbomoop
01-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Taz is a great example of class himself....as are a large number of ACC fans (just not in College Park, Chapel Hell, or Blacksburg).

Amen on Purnell, whose class and talent as coach continues to gain recognition. I hope Clemson keeps Purnell [and Littlejohn with minimal changes] for a long, long time.

A minor dissent on ACC fans in CH [literally or spiritually]: I've enjoyed the insights of several UNC posters to this board. I could easily be persuaded that said posters are in a distinct minority. I've seen no evidence of class among Terps, and am uninformed re Hokies, but at least .00001% of Heels have class.

Indoor66
01-24-2010, 03:16 PM
...but at least .00001% of Heels have class.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too high a percentage. :p

UrinalCake
01-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I think the loss of oglesby is really hurting Clemson. You guys just don't have an outside threat to take the pressure off Booker. With him I think you'd be a legit top 10 or 15 team. Of course, the dukies on this board know all about playing the "what if?" game 8-)

TigerTaz
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all the support of OP and his work with the Clemson team. I think he and Coach K have a very good relationship and admiration of each other. They both believe in strong defense as a focal point to winning games. One is much more experienced than the other .. and I hope in time that OP will continue to gain more of that experience and continue to learn from his relationships with coaches like Coach K.
Now ... on with the season .. you guys better not slow down ... we'll be right on your heels. See you in the tourney -- hopefully both tourney's. :D

MulletMan
01-24-2010, 10:19 PM

The irony of you hoping that people in CH learn good sportsmanship and then calling it "Chapel Hell" is so thick with irony that F. Scott Fitzgerald would be jealous.

Coach Purnell is a wonderful guy. I met him when I was an undergrad at Dayton and have admired him ever since. The tenacious D that he teaches is amazing. If he could get just a few more all around players, his teams would be phenomenal.

DevilHorns
01-24-2010, 10:24 PM
The irony of you hoping that people in CH learn good sportsmanship and then calling it "Chapel Hell" is so thick with irony that F. Scott Fitzgerald would be jealous.

Haha. Love it.

BTW, was hanging out with some of my girlfriend's friends (all UNC grads mind you). So funny how they know entirely nothing about their team. All they know is they don't want to go to any games this year.