PDA

View Full Version : Greg and Marty surgery updates?

mgtr
05-08-2007, 02:11 AM
As I recall, both these young men underwent surgery at the end of the season. They are both, presumably, in great medical hands at Duke. But I wonder how they are doing - any work on their recoveries?

dukediv2013
05-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I saw them at a concert at Duke a couple of weeks ago. They were both wearing boots to help them walk. But they were walking... looks like the recovery is coming along well for both players!

Cameron
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
^^Good to hear.

Classof06
05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Though I'm intrigued to see how all of our returning players come into next season, these are two players that will be especially interesting to see next year. We'll see if Pocius can finally please his supporters and crack the regular rotation, and we'll find out which is the real Greg Paulus: the one from the first half of last season or the one from the 2nd half. I'm confident and hope we'll see the latter.

Cameron
05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
^^After watching Marty dunk from just inside the foul line in the NCAAs, I hope to see much more of him. If he can settle down a little bit on the offensive end and play half-way decent defense, I think he could be a nice asset to the rotation. He's very underrated athletically (to those not familiar with the program), and I think he could be a nice scorer.

Remember, Marty was pretty much the main reason we were even in contention with NC State down the stretch in the ACC Tournament. He stepped up huge with his drives into the lane, especially the big three-point play he scored on.

devildeac
05-08-2007, 06:07 PM
See dukediv2013 reply above. I likewise saw one of the guys at a different concert on campus about 3 weeks ago and spoke with him and his update was that their boots were due to be removed soon(late April) and physical therapy, rehab, etc were to begin shortly thereafter.