PDA

View Full Version : Damned Lies, Etc. Department

sagegrouse
01-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Here is our record to date, sorted by game site:

Home: 11-0
Away 0-3
Neutral 4-0

This extrapolates to a mediocre 8-8 conference record, but an ACC championship in Greensboro and a 6-0 run to win the National Championship.

We will probably ruin this story by beating clemson at Littlejohn on Saturday.

sagegrouse

markbdevil
01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
I blame the black uniforms.

NYDukie
01-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Away 0-3
Neutral 4-0

This extrapolates to a mediocre 8-8 conference record, but an ACC championship in Greensboro and a 6-0 run to win the National Championship.

We will probably ruin this story by beating clemson at Littlejohn on Saturday.

sagegrouse

That is great...the joy of running the numbers...LOL

I hope they do ruin it for you on Saturday because the board will be amiss with joy again....hahaahah

Without looking at the remaining schedule in the ACC, I think in the end they will get the act together on the road a bit, split on the road and lose that one odd game at Cameron and go 11-5 in the ACC. The GTown game in DC is toss up in my opinion.

Son of Mojo
01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
I blame the black uniforms too--they need to go back to the blues for ALL road games, no exceptions.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I blame the black uniforms too--they need to go back to the blues for ALL road games, no exceptions.

Hearing a commentator refer to the uniforms saying something like Duke's in their black and blue uniforms.... a grating utterance for sure and bad karma!

BlueintheFace
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM

I say black only for non-conference neutral site games... they work pretty well there.

BRING BACK PANTONE!!!!

CrazieDUMB
01-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I really dislike the mimeographed designs on our uniforms. For the whites you barely notice them, but they're especially heinous on the black unis. I like the tradition of having the same uniforms year in and year out. The new ones are gimmicky, seems like something NC State (http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/97/uniformocz.jpg)would do.

Scorp4me
01-21-2010, 11:16 AM
The players seem to like the black uniforms and have for years. Personally I don't blame them, but the point is the ones actually playing and coaching the game like them so I think everyone else should defer to them.

hurleyfor3
01-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Away 0-3
Neutral 4-0

We can do this with uncch too!

Home: 11-2
Road: 0-3
Neutral: 1-2 (Texas and Syracuse counting as neutral)

This projects to 16-15 (5-11 ACC) and no better than a Friday exit in the ACC Tournament. This is exactly what Pomeroy is predicting too :D

duke4life32182
01-21-2010, 11:28 AM
We need to get this road thing under control. Road games are where you get tested and find out how tough you are. I think Saturday we right the ship. Going to be tough though in Little John's.

lpd1982
01-21-2010, 01:10 PM

sagegrouse

Thanks sagegrouse. Can I go to Vegas on this?

flyingdutchdevil
01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
It's gonna be a good one: a really pissed off Booker versus a really pissed off Coach K et al.

Money's on K, but an angry bull, I mean Booker, is never one to mess with. Let's hope LT gets his mojo back.

airowe
01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
It's gonna be a good one: a really pissed off Booker versus a really pissed off Coach K et al.

Money's on K, but an angry bull, I mean Booker, is never one to mess with. Let's hope LT gets his mojo back.

http://duke.scout.com/2/939748.html

"We're going to have to fight," senior forward Lance Thomas said.

flyingdutchdevil
01-21-2010, 01:25 PM
http://duke.scout.com/2/939748.html

I want LT's signature teeth-clench and head nodding up and down at a frantic pace. That's when you know he's serious, angry, motivated, and ready to strike.

airowe
01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I want LT's signature teeth-clench and head nodding up and down at a frantic pace. That's when you know he's serious, angry, motivated, and ready to strike.

Like this?

http://northwesternwins.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/lance-thomas.jpg

MarkD83
01-21-2010, 09:42 PM

...wearing the blues.

Therefore, I vote we wear only white and play all of our games at CIS.

allenmurray
01-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I vote that Coach K and Duke athletics end their relationship with Nike. Then all uniform decisions should be turned over to DBR. The heck with the players, coaching staff, adn athletic department, WE should get to decide on the uniforms based on one of those poll thingies. We could also choose lineups that way. :rolleyes:

Indoor66
01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
We could also choose lineups that way.

And issue condemnation citations. :mad::confused::rolleyes::D

tele
01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
The numbers never lie...this is going to be a fun team to watch down the stretch (it is already). Hopefully some of these defensive lapses will be resolved by then and they can get on a late season roll.

Also, I agree with the other previous poster, dbr would be a grand place to decide which uni color to wear, not sure about the rotation though, might be better to leave that to the coaches. For what it's worth, I vote for the blue road uni's and the traditional design without the Nike frilliness.

gep
01-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I vote that Coach K and Duke athletics end their relationship with Nike. Then all uniform decisions should be turned over to DBR. The heck with the players, coaching staff, adn athletic department, WE should get to decide on the uniforms based on one of those poll thingies. We could also choose lineups that way. :rolleyes:

I'm sure if DBR supplies ALL uniforms to Duke, they might just end their relationship with Nike. Then DBR will have TOTAL control... :D

NSDukeFan
01-22-2010, 09:10 AM
WE should get to decide on the uniforms based on one of those poll thingies. We could also choose lineups that way. :rolleyes:

After each loss, we get a starting line-up of Ryan Kelly, Andre Dawkins, Mason, Miles and a lucky member of EW&S, with Z and Lance playing just after Jordan, Steve, Casey and Todd. Fortunately, for our seniors, after a loss, coach K would then play the bench major minutes, as every loss is due at least in part to our players playing too many minutes. Therefore, nobody would play more than 25 minutes and even Z and Lance would play. We could also allocate minutes based on reverse seniority as we always need to develop the future team. Because every loss includes the team not shooting well from the outside, we would also not be allowed to take any 3-pointers in games following a loss. We never play our best defense in any of our losses, so the team of course would play zone the entire next game. What have I missed?

kmspeaks
01-22-2010, 09:59 AM
After each loss, we get a starting line-up of Ryan Kelly, Andre Dawkins, Mason, Miles and a lucky member of EW&S, with Z and Lance playing just after Jordan, Steve, Casey and Todd. Fortunately, for our seniors, after a loss, coach K would then play the bench major minutes, as every loss is due at least in part to our players playing too many minutes. Therefore, nobody would play more than 25 minutes and even Z and Lance would play. We could also allocate minutes based on reverse seniority as we always need to develop the future team. Because every loss includes the team not shooting well from the outside, we would also not be allowed to take any 3-pointers in games following a loss. We never play our best defense in any of our losses, so the team of course would play zone the entire next game. What have I missed?

Well K is just an old man who refuses to change so Collins would have to be named head coach for the game. Not Wojo because he was a guard and they can't coach big men. Of course all these adjustments would probably do nothing to help because we just don't have the talent to compete on a national level anymore. ;) :p

Edit: Sorry about the misspell in the title. I was distracted by Sportscenter's not top 10 and thus incapable of spelling correctly. :rolleyes:

Matches
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Aren't we undefeated in games where Jordan Davidson sees court time?

There you go. Problem solved.