PDA

View Full Version : U$C AD threatens to pull a Roy Williams

DukeBlueNikeShox
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_14214061

"Or maybe Cooper was irked that a small section of UCLA students were standing during the game in the lower bowl and cheered on the Bruins. USC athletic director Mike Garrett obviously had a problem. Garrett made a personal visit to the student section. One student said Garrett told them several times they needed to sit down or he would kick them out because paying customers behind them couldn't see. No ushers needed. The student didn't even know Garrett. They just thought it was a parent."

So the AD had a problem with UCLA students standing and cheering during a basketball game, but didn't have a problem with Michael Cooper saying "F*ck UCLA" during his press conference?! :confused::confused:

Kewlswim
01-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Not sure how this works, but if you are one of those students who is in the special program where you get to take classes at both schools the "home" school allows you to get basketball tickets, but the "visiting" school does not. So, if you are at UNC, but a Duke student you can't get tickets to UNC games (why you would want to, except when they play Duke is a good question) or visa-versa UNC students at Duke can't get Duke basketball tickets. Am I understanding this correctly? I am not sure I understand why not? If you are part of the student population for a semester it would seem that one should be able to go to games like any other student...and yes if a Duke student wants to root for Duke or a UNC student for UNC that should be allowed too.

GO DUKE!

Bluedog
01-20-2010, 01:42 PM
...visa-versa UNC students at Duke can't get Duke basketball tickets. Am I understanding this correctly?

No, you're not understanding it correctly. Robertson Scholars who are at Duke for one semester can walk into any Duke game for free just like any other student. The only thing they can't do is tent (as of like three years ago.) However, they can still get into the Duke v. UNC game at Cameron via the walk-up line. I don't know what the ticket policy is at UNC.

Kewlswim
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
No, you're not understanding it correctly. Robertson Scholars who are at Duke for one semester can walk into any Duke game for free just like any other student. The only thing they can't do is tent (as of like three years ago.) However, they can still get into the Duke v. UNC game at Cameron via the walk-up line. I don't know what the ticket policy is at UNC.

Hi,

I hope that UNC does the same thing. It just seems fair. Furthermore, if a UNC student staying at Duke for a semester wants to root for UNC--well it's a free country.

GO DUKE!

killerleft
01-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I hope that UNC does the same thing. It just seems fair. Furthermore, if a UNC student staying at Duke for a semester wants to root for UNC--well it's a free country.

GO DUKE!

Roya Paranoia does not think much of this attitude - just ask that Presbyterian guy, dadgummit!