PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Clemson at Ga. Tech

gwwilburn
01-19-2010, 07:50 PM
I noticed there wasn't a thread on this game and thought it would be interesting to hear some thoughts on a very relevant ACC game.

BlueintheFace
01-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Duke's two biggest challengers for the ACC crown this year. We want Georgia Tech since they have 2 ACC losses already and Clemson only has one.

gotoguy
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
At the game. GT with some early TO's but they r pushing the pace and Favors with some highlite dunks and alley oops. He and Lawal have combined for 21 pts so far.

Stitt playing for CU. Anyone heading to the game Saturday?

airowe
01-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Duke's two biggest challengers for the ACC crown this year. We want Georgia Tech since they have 2 ACC losses already and Clemson only has one.

Screw that. I don't want Clemson coming off a loss when we go down there. I want them riding high.

MChambers
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Stitt playing for CU. Anyone heading to the game Saturday?

Didn't Klemnop tell us Stitt was on the verge of having his foot amputated and that he wouldn't play Saturday? Is he channeling El Deano?

Greg_Newton
01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
This is a seriously fun game to watch. Out of control on both sides, but it's kind of funny to see who can out-press and out-run who.

BTW, if the refs had called it this tightly when Duke visited, I think GT would be 1-3 right now.

Duvall
01-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Screw that. I don't want Clemson coming off a loss when we go down there. I want them riding high.

Momentum is intangible. Wins and losses are real. I'll take the edge in the standings.

Jderf
01-19-2010, 08:52 PM

Also, GT has a win against us. Do head-to-head matchups serve as tie-breakers in the case of a possible ACC season tie? Hopefully we beat them in February anyway, but it's something to think about.

- Jderf

Hermy-own
01-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I view Oliver Purnell as more of a good guy than Paul Hewitt, and the GT team. I'm rooting for Clemson.

Jderf
01-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh man. This game is gonna be a nail-biter.

BlueintheFace
01-19-2010, 09:08 PM
1) How many layups has Clemson missed?

2) Hewitt is not a good coach sometimes, he calls for his Fr. PG to breakdown the defense with essentially the game on the line? Just disgraceful.

BlueintheFace
01-19-2010, 09:11 PM
The end of the game is all about which team makes the most unbelievable mistakes.

Greg_Newton
01-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm rooting for OT. Wear these guys out!

ETA what in the world are you thinking, Clemson.

That was a really exciting game though. Booker and Lawal are going to be very good NBA players.

gumbomoop
01-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Lawal/Favors v. Duke - 8/10 on FT's

L/F v. Clemson - 3/11

Aaarrrrrggghhhhhhh!

roywhite
01-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Lawal/Favors v. Duke - 8/10 on FT's

L/F v. Clemson - 3/11

Aaarrrrrggghhhhhhh!

Lest we forget, Lawal banked in a free throw against us.

Favors and Lawal near the basket are quite a pair; Tech looks awesome at times, but can't sustain it. Just don't have the guard play IMO to win the conference or go deep in the NCAA tournament. Though Shumpert had quite a game against the Heels...

gumbomoop
01-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Lest we forget, Lawal banked in a free throw against us.

Favors and Lawal near the basket are quite a pair; Tech looks awesome at times, but can't sustain it. Just don't have the guard play IMO to win the conference or go deep in the NCAA tournament. Though Shumpert had quite a game against the Heels...

1. I had forgotten the bank. Double aaarrrrggghhh!

2. But, "next play": Given what appears to be virtually game-by-game improvement from the MPs, it really should be fierce down low and on the boards in the return game at CIS. Let's hope, too, they're ready to face a revenge-minded Mr. Booker and brother this weekend.