PDA

View Full Version : Why No Chris Petersen Interest at UT

barjwr
01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Interesting (and a little concerning) discussion on UT forum as to the lack of interest in Boise State's head coach:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/92260-why-chris-petersen-not-serious-candidate.html

pfrduke
01-15-2010, 11:10 AM
If I'm Chris Petersen, there's no way I leave BSU before this next season. This year's team went undefeated and finished in the top 4, and essentially everyone is coming back - they return 21 of 22 starters, and total lose only 5 seniors (I think). If ever a non-BCS team is going to get to play in the title game, next year's BSU team is going to be it. They'll be very highly ranked to start the season, and won't have to leapfrog past as many teams to get into the top 2.

uncwdevil
01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
I think Butch Davis would be a fine choice for the Tennessee job...

KyDevilinIL
01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Peterson gets paid very well at Boise State and pretty much has it made in the shade. There is nothing else for BSU to spend its athletic money on other than football, and he's got it moving. He's getting BSU into the BCS already, so there's not much to be gained by moving to Tennessee other than some sort of ego trip over coaching in the SEC.

NashvilleDevil
01-15-2010, 02:35 PM
This UT situation reminds a little of Nebraska's search for a coach after Solich got fired in 2003. Just like UT we had an incompetent AD who insisted on doing the search himself. That led to about 5 coaches rejecting Nebraska and the Huskers ended up with Bill Callahan. I hope for fans of the Vols they do not have to suffer the way Husker fans had to during the Pedersen/Callahan era in Lincoln.