PDA

View Full Version : Duke to play @ the UL cardinals next year

wisteria
01-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Saw this on TDD, and didn't see it posted anywhere here.

Supposedly we've set up a 3-game series with the Cardinals, home, road, and neutral. We'll visit them next year ( it will be Nolan's senior year).

Edit: maybe it's still in the works, but I'm excited~~

Cameron
01-15-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm there. Can't wait.

This will be a very good road test, no matter who Louisville has on its roster. And the Cardinal will have some really good players returning in Samardo Samuels, Preston Knowles and Jared Swopshire. Then you also have the attractive coaching matchup with Coach and Rick Pitino, which, unless my brain is hemorrhaging, would be the first meeting since The Spectrum.

I'm glad we're picking up another national power for a home-and-home series along with our current series with Georgetown. While Michigan and St. John's have been up and down at certain times (even though we did lose in Ann Arbor -- a game I was at no less -- in '08) and are from major conferences, they're just not what they once were. It appears as if the Johnnies are turning the corner under Norm Roberts, but I'll believe it when it actually happens.

This is a great pickup.

chrisheery
01-15-2010, 12:29 AM
If Kyle stays then would we play at Oregon? That would be awesome.

AlaskanAssassin
01-15-2010, 01:17 AM
http://uoflcardgame.com/duke-possible-opening-foe-in-new-arena/12844

devildownunder
01-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Would be awesome! Fingers crossed.

geraldsneighbor
01-15-2010, 02:45 AM

At Oregon vs. EJ Singler, Kyle's younger brother. That'd be interesting.

NYDukie
01-15-2010, 08:38 AM
if this comes true which seems reading between the lines that it may. Combine this with G-Town and we have two games each year against two top programs from the Big East, which is arguably one of the top two or three conferences year in and year out. Throw in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge game next year (I'm already thinking either MSU or Purdue), Oregon (Kyle's homecoming game if he is still here and would they consider a Gonzaga game in Portland for a higher profile game? Just thinking outside the box), the usual tough mid majors and a odd middle rung BCS school such as Iowa State this past year and you have another tough schedule. Plus we will have games at G-Town and L'Ville to quiet the critics of us not playing true road games.

Any chance of playing Memphis being revived, especially with E-Will there?

Cameron
01-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Another consideration could be Gonzaga in Seattle.. Although, I'm not sure if K would play them out there.

The Oregon game would have been really cool on old Mac Court, which will be shut down at the end of this season. No way we would have went in there to play, though.

DevilHorns
01-16-2010, 04:10 PM
WOw what a great play by Wear. He's a freshman. I really hope he doesn't develop.