PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing Video

EdistoDuke
01-14-2010, 04:25 PM
During the game last night, there was a clip shown with Coach K being interviewed by Coach Knight. Here is the link to the entire video. It is pretty amazing!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4824508&categoryid=2378529

Although I have been reading DBR since the old boards, I have never posted on the new ones, but hopefully this is a useful contribution. This should also give everyone something to take their minds off of Coach Cut for a little while.

roywhite
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
During the game last night, there was a clip shown with Coach K being interviewed by Coach Knight. Here is the link to the entire video. It is pretty amazing!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4824508&categoryid=2378529

Although I have been reading DBR since the old boards, I have never posted on the new ones, but hopefully this is a useful contribution. This should also give everyone something to take their minds off of Coach Cut for a little while.

Well, glad to see you on board, but this was already posted (granted, it's now on the next page).

oldnavy
01-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Wouldn't you love to sit down with these two over a couple of cold beverages and just listen to stories. Amazing.

EdistoDuke
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, glad to see you on board, but this was already posted (granted, it's now on the next page).

Oops! I missed it when I looked.

Thanks.

WiJoe
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Fantastic. A must watch, especially for EVERYONE under age 30.

JUST

WATCH

IT.

:cool:

davekay1971
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Fantastic. Really. I read a little IC and felt like my basketball IQ had dropped by 50%. This just restored it (maybe even made it a little higher).

cspan37421
01-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Thank you - that was awesome. Some of you may remember there was a time, near the end of RMK's tenure at IU, when these two weren't talking. It's good to see him relaxed. These two guys really love the game and care deeply about it. I'm so proud one of them is our head coach.

-bdbd
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Thank you - that was awesome. Some of you may remember there was a time, near the end of RMK's tenure at IU, when these two weren't talking. It's good to see him relaxed. These two guys really love the game and care deeply about it. I'm so proud one of them is our head coach.

Stuff like this just makes you so proud to be a Dukie. That was a terrific coversation. Great stuff. I wish it was required viewing for all HS players.

Yes, hard to believe these two guys, who share so much history and values, as well as a clear love of the game, would not have been on speaking terms for a number of years. What a loss. So glad to see the bond restored.

Thanks for sharing.

gep
01-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the link to a GREAT video. I missed it before... and am VERY happy to have the chance to see it. Coaches K and K are amazing. As others have said, I'm very happy to see the mutual respect that each have for each other. And Coach Knight's recollection of past games is also amazing. Such a refreshing video.

I thought it was interesting how both coaches couldn't answer the question of how they feel about "today's" game... just silence... priceless:)

1999ballboy
01-15-2010, 02:45 AM
While I immensely enjoyed the video, I would have preferred if Coach K had given a response to the question about today's game. You can bet that rival coaches will use that response against him when recruiting. I think he could have come up with something to say, however small. Could have talked about the three-point shot, the superior resources for players, the facilities, anything like that. Coach K has already had a reputation for being old school compared to many, and that's because he is, but that's not why he keeps getting good players to come- it's the numbers. The numbers won't change, but the Caliparis of the NCAA will use that response against him to paint him as too old-fashioned. I give K credit for answering to the best of his ability in the spur of the moment, but it's fodder for criticism.