PDA

View Full Version : Tar Hole Kickin night

TigerTaz
01-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Here's to hoping some baby-weasel-blue, 'whine'-cheesin, dumb-lookin, cocky-rearenders, arrogant morons go down tonight in Tiger town !!! Go Tigers !!

And good luck to the Devils against BC -- Go Devils

-jk
01-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I understand a fan tried to take them out in the parking lot.

-jk

tbyers11
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM

-jk

Yeah, those Clemson fans (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/6800744/) sure love their Tigers.

Wander
01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, those Clemson fans (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/6800744/) sure love their Tigers.

Anyone remember when Clemson fans body slammed a Wake Forest player in the stands to prevent him from getting back into the play?

TigerTaz
01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Sometimes we have to shoot for any edge we can get. I think it was Trevor and Devin Bookers little brother trying to make his contributions to the team. :)

JBDuke
01-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Typical UNC refs. The bus had clearly not established position. Should have been a blocking foul.

Tim1515
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Zeller apparently isn't playing and Clemson is favored by 3 last i heard...pretty crazy.

I unfortunately see a big win for the heels...Booker needs to be huge tonight for Clemson to pull this off.

moonpie23
01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
as a gamecock, it pains me to say this.....but GO TIGGERS !!!!

RoyalBlue08
01-13-2010, 06:33 PM
It is sick how much the four hours of basketball on ESPN tonight is going to affect my happiness for the week. A big win for Duke (preferably led by KS) followed by a UNC meltdown at Clemson and anything else that happens in life this week is just gravy.

FerryFor50
01-13-2010, 09:19 PM
So far, Clemson is taking it to the Holes. Let's hope they don't have the classic Clemson meltdown.

geraldsneighbor
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Clemson has 27 points in 7 minutes. It took them 25 minutes to pull that off in CIS.

FerryFor50
01-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Total domination so far. Booker is throwing around those skinny post kids from UNC like it's nothing. Let's hope they don't let up, kind of like last year when they played Duke.

BlueintheFace
Oh man.... what a game

bird
It may not last, but for now

hahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

CameronBornAndBred
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Can you say beat down? Clemson is insane from outside, unc can't do anything from even up close. Gonna be ugly. And even if they pull it out, they get to face a GT team that lost to UVA tonight...you know the Jackets ain't happy.

Newton_14
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I am loving everything about this game except for all the showboating Clemson is doing after made baskets. They need to calm down on that a little. Great to celebrate but there is a heck of a lot of "look at me I am BADDD!!! going on out there" and it is real early to start the post game party..

moonpie23
01-13-2010, 09:31 PM
i hope clemson remembers the kansas final four where unc actually came back (sort of) and made it close later....

better make it the whole 40

FerryFor50
01-13-2010, 09:31 PM
I am loving everything about this game except for all the showboating Clemson is doing after made baskets. They need to calm down on that a little. Great to celebrate but there is a heck of a lot of "look at me I am BADDD!!! going on out there" and it is real early to start the post game party..

Hey, whatever makes them kick the crap out of the Holes works for me. :D

Kfanarmy
01-13-2010, 09:32 PM
UNC can't get anything going...Roy Williams hanging on to his TOs like they are Gold.

FerryFor50
01-13-2010, 09:32 PM
i hope clemson remembers the kansas final four where unc actually came back (sort of) and made it close later....

better make it the whole 40

I remember... but that team had actual talent, not just potential. :p

dukestheheat
01-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Carolina delendo est.

Deputy looks like he's watching a plane crash.

dth.

TigerTaz
01-13-2010, 09:38 PM
and of course -- I'm in Toronto and they are showing the Kansas game instead !!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ .. of all the games to be missing.

SCMatt33
01-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Interesting to see Clemson try and get up and down the floor on Carolina. Give them a taste of there own medicine.

ChrisP
01-13-2010, 09:41 PM
At the 6:56 mark of the 1st, Clempson is up by 20 but, mark my words, the Holes will win this game. Other than that gorgeous beat down that KU put on Carolina in the final four a couple years ago, teams that get the big lead early almost NEVER are able to hold it.

Remember Duke vs. Md in the 2001 FF? We were getting BLOWN OUT of that game - down by as much as 22 IIRC but..we started chipping away before halftime and...the rest is his-to-ry

My gut tells me the Heels will prevail. I hate it, but you know it's true...

Duvall
01-13-2010, 09:44 PM

-jk

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/344/oopsqh.jpg

bird
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Carolina weakness at guard showing -- 12 turnovers.

CDu
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Stitt in foul trouble. That could be trouble for Clemson in the second half. Their halfcourt offense disappears a bit with Young at PG.

Clemson is a streaky team. If they don't force turnovers, they can really struggle. They can certainly blow big leads (see ACC/Big-10 challenge this year).

It's been a fun first half to watch. Hopefully the Tigers can stay focused and keep turning Carolina over in the second half.

geraldsneighbor
01-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Lovin the Roy cam.

Welcome2DaSlopes
01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Unc looks terrible. It's a blowout

snowdenscold
01-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Already a thread...

OldSchool
01-13-2010, 10:32 PM

To my mind the Heels' biggest weakness this year is not having more of a 3-pt shooting game.

With the college 3-pt line, no matter how good your post play, I think it's a mistake to be so unbalanced away from the 3-pt shot.

And not having that weapon makes it very very difficult to mount comebacks from large leads.

Welcome2DaSlopes
01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
HAHA funny because at first i was shocked there wasn't.

Sgt. Dingleberry
01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Huck subbing out 5 at a time and throwing hissyfits on the sideline...lol...

This is soooo great...

superdave
01-13-2010, 10:45 PM
For all you who love to complain about stall-ball, Clemson wishes they knew how to milk the shot clock then run a successful play in the last 10 seconds.

BlueintheFace
01-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Clemson is morally opposed to holding on to leads if the other team wants it

RoyalBlue08
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Despite how poorly Clemson is holding this lead, watching the energy they had in the first half, I am not looking forward to the game at their place this year. Will probably be an entirely different game than the one at CIS!

TigerTaz
01-13-2010, 10:57 PM
At the 6:56 mark of the 1st, Clempson is up by 20 but, mark my words, the Holes will win this game. Other than that gorgeous beat down that KU put on Carolina in the final four a couple years ago, teams that get the big lead early almost NEVER are able to hold it.

Still feel that way ??

Ultrarunner
01-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Clemson is morally opposed to holding on to leads if the other team wants it

Fortunately, the Holes don't want it.....

TigerTaz
01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Fortunately, the Holes don't want it.....

Maybe Clemson's defense has contributed at least a little bit to that. Our 3 offense went down the tube in the 2nd half tho -- missed last 13 3's

Ultrarunner
01-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Maybe Clemson's defense has contributed at least a little bit to that. Our 3 offense went down the tube in the 2nd half tho -- missed last 13 3's

Actually, I think the Tigers defense has a lot to do with it. The turnovers are just killing the heels. It's just really hard passing up a chance to kick a Heel when he's down.... :D

Duvall
01-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Roy probably wants to stay out of the Sandlapper State for a while.

RoyalBlue08
01-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I hate rushing the court, even against UNC. Especially when you were the favorites! Woo Hoo, we didn't get upset!

juise
01-13-2010, 11:10 PM
I think it's embarrassing to storm the court after you beat the #13 team in the nation when you are the #19 team. It was bad enough when GT did it on Saturday, but at least they beat a top 10 team. :rolleyes:

ChrisP
01-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Still feel that way ??

In this case, I freakin' LOOOOOVE being wrong! Way to go Tigers! Not looking forward to the rematch in Littlejohn

ChicagoHeel
01-13-2010, 11:15 PM
As someone said over on IC, Carolina's talent is not experienced and its experience is not talented, and LD II is neither. It sure looked that way tonight. Ginyard and Thompson- five turnover and two FGs each.

IBleedBlue
01-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Guys
I do read IC post regularly although I am neither a member nor a poster/subscriber. I always (without an exception) notice that pretty much every major discussion on that board boils down to some poster mentioning Duke and saying intolerable things. There is too much negativity on IC particularly pointed towards Duke.
One good thing about our forum is that we don't discuss nor let so much negativity on this board which is why it's always refreshing to read and post here.
What a wonderful day today, we won without a major contribution from Scheyer (or his usual senior season contribution) and Clemson won. Good enough to get some nice rest tonight.
Not sure about how we would fare at Clemson but one thing is for sure, we won't lose by 20 as long as Jon has the ball.

Klemnop
01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I hate rushing the court, even against UNC. Especially when you were the favorites! Woo Hoo, we didn't get upset!

Walk a mile in my shoes before you criticize me for my actions. Or something like that.

We may have been favored but watching the reverse line move through the last couple of days I'd venture to guess that Vegas actually thought UNC would win. "Favored" isn't always the most accurate assessment of relative strengths.

Regardless, I'm glad we had the chance to storm the court. Good for those Clemson kids (players and students.) Unless you've been at Clemson for six years you've never had the joy of beating UNC. Folks on this board would really begrudge Clemson fans that moment?

Klem

roywhite
01-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Walk a mile in my shoes before you criticize me for my actions. Or something like that.

We may have been favored but watching the reverse line move through the last couple of days I'd venture to guess that Vegas actually thought UNC would win. "Favored" isn't always the most accurate assessment of relative strengths.

Regardless, I'm glad we had the chance to storm the court. Good for those Clemson kids (players and students.) Unless you've been at Clemson for six years you've never had the joy of beating UNC. Folks on this board would really begrudge Clemson fans that moment?

Klem

Go for it, Klem!

I'm just sorry this isn't a year where you visit Chapel Hill.

devildeac
01-13-2010, 11:49 PM

Klem

Three great things tonight:

1. a 20 point duke win
2. a 20 point 'hole loss
3. klemnop keeps his clothes on...:rolleyes:;)

HUGE congrats to the Tigers.

elvis14
01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
As a Duke basketball fan and a Clemson Alum, this has been a great night of hoops. I was just remembering last year when I'm watching the Clemson UNC game....it was hard fought and physical. With about a minute left, HansCheater got called for his first foul...I was on the phone with my best friend down in SC (also a Duke and Clemson fan) and we went nuts. Tonight, the refs didn't call anything and Clemson took poor 'Ol Roy and the Tar Heels out to the woodshed. Good for Clemson, nice to see them finish what they started.

I unfortunately see a big win for the heels...Booker needs to be huge tonight for Clemson to pull this off.

Good Call Tim :D

It is sick how much the four hours of basketball on ESPN tonight is going to affect my happiness for the week. A big win for Duke (preferably led by KS) followed by a UNC meltdown at Clemson and anything else that happens in life this week is just gravy.

I feel the same way. I mean it's almost Midnight, I'm up working and I'm happy.

Wander
01-14-2010, 12:20 AM
So, Duke is 40 points better than UNC, right?

Dukeface88
01-14-2010, 12:23 AM

Obviously. Transitive property held for Charleston to Clemson; should hold from Clemson to us.

Kedsy
01-14-2010, 12:25 AM

Yeah, but so is LeMoyne.

Greg_Newton
01-14-2010, 02:12 AM
I actually really like Trevor Booker. He just seems like a guy that gives everything he's got every time he's on the floor and has a great time doing it. I know he gets a bad rap for his "displays", but I don't think they're thuggish or self-serving, I just think he wears his heart on his sleeve. I can't dislike anyone that smiles that much on the court... he's just livin' the dream!

To me, he's just an old-school 4-year guy who takes pride in representing his school and is enjoying his final season. I respect that. He's the kind of guy you want on your side when you go to battle.

(*Obviously, all this goes out the window for 2 hrs on January 28th).

davekay1971
01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Part of a great, great night of basketball :D

Carolina was incredibly careless with the basketball. They had 27 made field goals to 25 turnovers. Unreal. That's a direct result of Huckleberry's coaching and his preferred style of play. He's got a young team (especially in the backcourt) playing in a very hostile arena against a tough press and he's pushing his pedal-to-the-metal style. The Holes looked like they were rushing all night. He needed to get them calmed down, get them to slow down, and get them to move the ball smartly through the press. Instead it was typical Roy go-go-go. The guy can recruit, and he's got a high-speed system that is going to continue to attract top-flight talent, but he hasn't shown me yet that he can make good in-game adjustments when his players are flummoxed.

Carolina's going to struggle on the road all year.

whereinthehellami
01-14-2010, 08:25 AM
It was great watching Roy's antics on the sideline. i don't know about most players but when I played, the last thing I wanted to see out of my coach was him throwing temper tantrums on the sideline. Roy looked like a 12 year old with ADD.

moonpie23
01-14-2010, 08:59 AM
you know...it's funny.....i've seen him put the blue team in beofre, and i've often wondered why he didn't do something like that against kansas in the final four debacle.

he needed to do SOMETHING......seems to me that's a good card to pull when you're having your posteriors handed to you...

CrazieDUMB
01-14-2010, 09:05 AM
It was great watching Roy's antics on the sideline. i don't know about most players but when I played, the last thing I wanted to see out of my coach was him throwing temper tantrums on the sideline. Roy looked like a 12 year old with ADD.

You know, watching this game you can really see the difference between the way players respond to K vs Roy. Roy had his back to the game, trying to teach or motivate his players on the bench, and it seemed like they were barely paying attention. Compare that to when K talks, and it seems like every word is vital to their survival. I know Roy is a great coach but I scratch my head when I see that and then remember he had 2 NC in 5 years.

diveonthefloor
01-14-2010, 09:35 AM
You know, watching this game you can really see the difference between the way players respond to K vs Roy. Roy had his back to the game, trying to teach or motivate his players on the bench, and it seemed like they were barely paying attention. Compare that to when K talks, and it seems like every word is vital to their survival. I know Roy is a great coach but I scratch my head when I see that and then remember he had 2 NC in 5 years.

Roy = Huckleberry ( or a very cuddly teddy bear with a Carolina accent.)

K = General George S. Patton

Who would you pay attention to?

Indoor66
01-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Roy = Huckleberry ( or a very cuddly teddy bear with a Carolina accent.)

K = General George S. Patton

Who would you pay attention to?

Well gol darn it why do you have to ask such frickin tough questions?

DukeDevilDeb
01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Zeller apparently isn't playing and Clemson is favored by 3 last i heard...pretty crazy.

Boy, I love it when people are wrong in this situation! :D

roywhite
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
After watching some recent Tarheel games, I'm not sure exactly what to think:

1. They just aren't very good, not enough backcourt play, not enough shooting, and won't get much better
2. Roy is doing them no favors by using a running offense
3. They lack heart, leadership, and cohesion
4. They will put it together in the next 2 months and be a factor
5. The much heralded recruiting class of 2009 is way less potent than expected

Or some of all the above.

Channing
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Klem

I am thrilled CU beat UNC. However, rushing the court in this situation was ridiculous, imo. Two teams ranked in the teens - the lower ranked team one. Acknowledging that Vegas may have "thought" UNC would win (which they didnt, or the line would have said so), does any upset now entail court storming? My position on this issue is fairly strong, and I hate that I think the SEC does things better than the ACC, ESPECIALLY in basketball. Watching the UT players celebrate on the court the other night, while the fans stayed in their seats and cheered, was great. It wasnt a mob scene, it was respectful to the opponent, and it showed an acknowledgment by UT fans that they expected to win.

I mean, CU dominated the entire game and there was very little suspense throughout.

On a completely different note, UNCs cant miss freshman continues to be relegated to bench duty, playing a total of 7 minutes, with a couple of those being when Roy wanted to "teach" his starters a lesson.

FerryFor50
01-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I am thrilled CU beat UNC. However, rushing the court in this situation was ridiculous, imo. Two teams ranked in the teens - the lower ranked team one. Acknowledging that Vegas may have "thought" UNC would win (which they didnt, or the line would have said so), does any upset now entail court storming? My position on this issue is fairly strong, and I hate that I think the SEC does things better than the ACC, ESPECIALLY in basketball. Watching the UT players celebrate on the court the other night, while the fans stayed in their seats and cheered, was great. It wasnt a mob scene, it was respectful to the opponent, and it showed an acknowledgment by UT fans that they expected to win.

I mean, CU dominated the entire game and there was very little suspense throughout.

On a completely different note, UNCs cant miss freshman continues to be relegated to bench duty, playing a total of 7 minutes, with a couple of those being when Roy wanted to "teach" his starters a lesson.

Clemson hadn't beaten UNC in the last 11 tries, with several of those losses being of the heart wrenching variety. Rushing the court was totally justified.

Channing
01-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Clemson hadn't beaten UNC in the last 11 tries, with several of those losses being of the heart wrenching variety. Rushing the court was totally justified.

We can agree to disagree, and for the record, its your opinion that storming the court was justified. I refer to UT, becuase it is the most recent example. UT had not beat a number 1 ranked team in 40 odd years (I still can't believe I am referring to UT as an example of sportsmanship).

CU fans could have easily celebrated the victory through the night after the game. There was nothing that caused that wild swing in emotion that I equate with the only acceptable time to consider storming the court.

Biscuit King
01-14-2010, 10:51 AM
After watching some recent Tarheel games, I'm not sure exactly what to think:

1. They just aren't very good, not enough backcourt play, not enough shooting, and won't get much better
2. Roy is doing them no favors by using a running offense
3. They lack heart, leadership, and cohesion
4. They will put it together in the next 2 months and be a factor
5. The much heralded recruiting class of 2009 is way less potent than expected

Or some of all the above.

#1 mostly. I am sure they have heart, but they don't have shooters and they don't protect the ball. Henson and Strickland will eventually be really good players, but they aren't going to carry this team. Bottom line, they're not a top 25 team, and I don't think they will be by the end of the season either.

I still think they'll finish 9-7 in the league, but if they slip to 8-8 or 7-9, they are going to need that Carolina name to help get them into the big dance.

flyingdutchdevil
01-14-2010, 11:19 AM
#1 mostly. I am sure they have heart, but they don't have shooters and they don't protect the ball. Henson and Strickland will eventually be really good players, but they aren't going to carry this team. Bottom line, they're not a top 25 team, and I don't think they will be by the end of the season either.

I still think they'll finish 9-7 in the league, but if they slip to 8-8 or 7-9, they are going to need that Carolina name to help get them into the big dance.

Remember that Duke was 8-8 in 2006-2007. While our profile definitely allowed us to get into the dance, having an 8-8 record doesn't mean that you'll miss the tourney. Also, Carolina has keys wins against Michigan State and Ohio State, two decent teams. I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't make it to the tourney this year. That said, I'll also be shocked if they get a 6th seed or higher. If they do, then the Carolina name holds a lot of water

Tim1515
01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Boy, I love it when people are wrong in this situation! :D

Me too!

I couldn't get a feel for last night and figured the worst would happen...glad i was wrong

grossbus
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Best line from IC last night

"Our big men couldn't score in a whorehouse."

DukeDevilDeb
01-14-2010, 11:53 AM
We can agree to disagree, and for the record, its your opinion that storming the court was justified. I refer to UT, becuase it is the most recent example. UT had not beat a number 1 ranked team in 40 odd years (I still can't believe I am referring to UT as an example of sportsmanship).

CU fans could have easily celebrated the victory through the night after the game. There was nothing that caused that wild swing in emotion that I equate with the only acceptable time to consider storming the court.

If I were a Clemson fan, and my team hadn't beat Carolina at home in 11 years or EVER at the Smith Center, I would have been the first one on the court last night. You know, I think we don't encourage enthusiasm and support as much as we should. The team has been through a vast wasteland, but so have the fans.

I don't think fans should rush the court routinely... it would have been wrong, for example, to rush the Coach K Court last night! :D But every so often is good. When Dockery hit his shot, we rushed the floor... and I was glad. To say we only do so when we win the National Championship (admittedly, not something you said, but I've heard it before) is to belittle every hard-fought game.

Hey, I'm ready to rush the floor when we beat the Heels here this year. After 4 years of Tyler-Ya-YA dominating us, I'm ready to rock!:D

Olympic Fan
01-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Remember that Duke was 8-8 in 2006-2007. While our profile definitely allowed us to get into the dance, having an 8-8 record doesn't mean that you'll miss the tourney. Also, Carolina has keys wins against Michigan State and Ohio State, two decent teams. I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't make it to the tourney this year. That said, I'll also be shocked if they get a 6th seed or higher. If they do, then the Carolina name holds a lot of water

(1) I think Carolina will get better -- and remember, they are still unbeaten at home. They have seven more home games -- so a good chance of getting to 19 wins right there ... I won't give them any road games, but even so, they'll probably win a few. If we give them every home game and count every road game as a loss, they'll finish the regular season at 19-12.

(2) Interesting comparison with Duke in 2007. Did Duke's name help Duke get in? Well, on Selection Sunday in 2007, Duke was 22-10 with a No. 15 RPI and was ranked No. 21 in the AP poll. Pretty much a no-brainer for any BCS school.

Right now, UNC is ranked higher -- although that's going to change. The most worrisome thing is that their current RPI is merely No. 46 (which is right at the lower edge of an at-large team) and their projected RPI is 44th.

All that said, I agree that wins over Michigan State and Ohio State will help. Road losses at Texas, Kentucky or in the ACC won't hurt too badly -- they'll even get credit for playing games like the first two and the Syracuse game in MSG. The Charleston loss is the only blotch on the record.

If UNC can protect it's home court, they'll probably be safe. If they protect their home court and pick up even a couple of road wins, they'll be a lock to get in the NCAA. When they start losing in Chapel Hill, only THEN will it be time for the baby blue to panic.

PS As for rushing the court -- Duke is likely to be a top 10 team when they face UNC in Cameron in March -- probably ranked higher than the Heels ... and favored. No matter what happens in Chapel Hill earlier (either our fourth straight loss to the Heels or our second win in eight games), if Duke beats UNC in Durham for the first time since 2005 (strangely, our only two wins since then have come in Chapel Hill), I feel pretty certain those bright yellow ropes the ushers try to string at the final buzzer won't hold back the stampede.

PPS Our Jan. 23 visit to Clemson is going to be tough ... not only are they better at home and not only to they have the incentive of the Cameron beat-down to think about, but also ESPN Gameday is going to be at Clemson for the first time. You think that might pump up the house?

phaedrus
01-14-2010, 01:24 PM
PS As for rushing the court -- Duke is likely to be a top 10 team when they face UNC in Cameron in March -- probably ranked higher than the Heels ... and favored. No matter what happens in Chapel Hill earlier (either our fourth straight loss to the Heels or our second win in eight games), if Duke beats UNC in Durham for the first time since 2005 (strangely, our only two wins since then have come in Chapel Hill), I feel pretty certain those bright yellow ropes the ushers try to string at the final buzzer won't hold back the stampede.

I'll be embarrassed if we rush the court against Carolina. And I rushed the court against V.Tech. in 2005 - but that was different.

91_92_01_10_15
01-14-2010, 01:30 PM
No matter what happens in Chapel Hill earlier (either our fourth straight loss to the Heels or our second win in eight games), if Duke beats UNC in Durham for the first time since 2005 (strangely, our only two wins since then have come in Chapel Hill), I feel pretty certain those bright yellow ropes the ushers try to string at the final buzzer won't hold back the stampede.

I really hope not. To me, that would seem like we were conceding that they are the better program and it is always an upset when we beat them.

wilko
01-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Is that we are unable to lay a Spanking on the Heels to that effect everytime we lace them up..

Thats the way it should be.

I dont begrudge Clemson for rushing the floor. Good for them. I remember 1x in the last few yrs where Clemson started hot, petered out and UNC won in Littlejohn. Hated that.. hated that FOR them... I was all worked up for NOTHING..

Other than a small saftey issue....
so what does rushing the court or not really prove? I dont understand why folks here say not to do it.

wilko
01-14-2010, 01:36 PM
To me, that would seem like we were conceding that they are the better program and it is always an upset when we beat them.

I dont see it that way at all.
I see it as: "We just kicked your Butt, its time to party... Suck it.."

elvis14
01-14-2010, 01:37 PM

That's the deal right there. Carowhina has had Clemson's number for years. Last year they had them beat except for missed free throws (and the HansCheater ref situation). It was good to see the fans rush the court, this was an important win. I wish Clemson played in the Dean Dump this year, they would have a good chance of breaking that streak.

Clemson will give us a good game in Littlejohn this year (remember last year?). I'm looking forward to it.

Add me to the list of people that likes Trevor Booker. Could he ease up on the antics and make me more of a fan? Yes. But he's the type of guy we've lacked the last couple of years. Put TB on Duke last year! Same reason others have mentioned Patterson and Monroe, a banger that can score and rebound is a good thing.

9F

91_92_01_10_15
01-14-2010, 01:38 PM

I promise you that the Tar Heel fans will feel better about themselves and their program if we rush the court after we beat them.

I know I felt better seeing the Tech fans run on the floor the other night. It's flattering.

Kewlswim
01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
If I were a Clemson fan, and my team hadn't beat Carolina at home in 11 years or EVER at the Smith Center, I would have been the first one on the court last night. You know, I think we don't encourage enthusiasm and support as much as we should. The team has been through a vast wasteland, but so have the fans.

I don't think fans should rush the court routinely... it would have been wrong, for example, to rush the Coach K Court last night! :D But every so often is good. When Dockery hit his shot, we rushed the floor... and I was glad. To say we only do so when we win the National Championship (admittedly, not something you said, but I've heard it before) is to belittle every hard-fought game.

Hey, I'm ready to rush the floor when we beat the Heels here this year. After 4 years of Tyler-Ya-YA dominating us, I'm ready to rock!:D

Ms. Deb,

With comments like those I have but one question to ask: Are you single?

GO DUKE!

wilko
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
I promise you that the Tar Heel fans will feel better about themselves and their program if we rush the court after we beat them.

I know I felt better seeing the Tech fans run on the floor the other night. It's flattering.

After the GT game all I fet was annoyed.... by the result. I didnt care about rushing the court 1 way or another. Let them have their fun, they earned it. We'll be back.

So let the Heels take that positive feeling from EVERY game we play them. I'd say rush the court for the 100th consecutive win against them and every W in between... I wont begrudge them their silver lining when we take the game.

91_92_01_10_15
01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
After the GT game all I fet was annoyed.... by the result. I didnt care about rushing the court 1 way or another. Let them have their fun, they earned it. We'll be back.

So let the Heels take that positive feeling from EVERY game we play them. I'd say rush the court for the 100th consecutive win against them and every W in between... I wont begrudge them their silver lining when we take the game.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. I feel the same way about this that I do about celebrating after a dunk. Namely, act like you've been there before.

moonpie23
01-14-2010, 02:24 PM

totally dude....

-jk
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
My enduring memory from this game - while listening to the Clemson feed on XM - was how negative the broadcast team was. Especially early in the second half, when the Clemson announcers painted a parallel between the UNC game and Duke in '92, when we came back from a 20 point deficit. The seemed to expect Clemson to blow it this time, too. (And this year's UNC is no Duke '92.)

-jk

shoutingncu
01-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Just wanted to do my part to keep this thread near the top, what with all the uncertainty over football. Figure last night's game is a healthy diversion...

This Carolina team looks younger and less composed than last season's road Wake Forest team (not to be confused with the home Wake Forest team... I can only hope that Carolina matches some of those high profile wins).

I think those that are predicting 8-8 sound about right for Carolina. UNC seems to be splitting this year... 1-1 against good/great competition at MSG. 1-2 against the Top 2 (or Top 2 at some point) in MSU,UK and UT (the UT that took our football coach, not the UT that threatens to take yours).

We'll see how Carolina ends up this week with Clemson and GT back-to-back. If we split, then 8-8 sounds about right and an "average" season is reasonable with a likely first round bow out. If we're 0-2, then I fear graduation can't come soon enough...

Surfsideron
01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
(1)
PPS Our Jan. 23 visit to Clemson is going to be tough ... not only are they better at home and not only to they have the incentive of the Cameron beat-down to think about, but also ESPN Gameday is going to be at Clemson for the first time. You think that might pump up the house?

I think the Clemson game at Clemson will be as tough a game as we will have all year. Carolina should have known what to expect last night, full court press from the git go but they couldn't handle it.

Remember our win two weeks ago? Clemson didn't press in the first half when we blew them out. They did in the second and held their own on our floor. We are going to see that pressure from the opening whistle. Hopefully K will have our guys ready unlike Roy last night.

Newton_14
01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Just wanted to do my part to keep this thread near the top, what with all the uncertainty over football. Figure last night's game is a healthy diversion...

This Carolina team looks younger and less composed than last season's road Wake Forest team (not to be confused with the home Wake Forest team... I can only hope that Carolina matches some of those high profile wins).

I think those that are predicting 8-8 sound about right for Carolina. UNC seems to be splitting this year... 1-1 against good/great competition at MSG. 1-2 against the Top 2 (or Top 2 at some point) in MSU,UK and UT (the UT that took our football coach, not the UT that threatens to take yours).

We'll see how Carolina ends up this week with Clemson and GT back-to-back. If we split, then 8-8 sounds about right and an "average" season is reasonable with a likely first round bow out. If we're 0-2, then I fear graduation can't come soon enough...

I was not shocked that Clemson ran out to the big lead last night. I think we all expected that. The shocking parts were 1. There was no comeback to cut the lead down to less than 10 to put real game pressure on Clemson, and 2. Your Seniors were no more poised than your freshman. Both Thompson and Ginyard had 5 turnovers apiece.

Much like the Duke game down there last year, it is just not often you see a Duke or heels team not get back into and stay in a game like that. And it's not like Clemson did not give them the opportunity last night as Clemson missed 13 three's in a row in the 2nd half and stopped going to Booker for long stretches. Had Clemson played smarter on the offensive end in the 2nd half they could have won by 30.

It is just hard to get a read on this heels team. At times they have looked like a good top 15 team that could get even better, and at other times they have looked like a team that would not make the Dance.

I do think ol roy is playing away from their strength's by playing the go go go really fast fast fast style. They need to slow down and force a half court game and pound the ball inside to the big fella's where they have an advantage. He basically played right into Clemson's hands. He was quoted last night as saying that normally he loves teams to press them because they run right through it. He seems to forget that Lawson, Ellington, Green, Felton, and the like are not on the roster this year.

I would not count them out yet or predict gloom and doom. They will have some good wins down the road but not sure how consistent they can be...

weezie
01-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, sure, don't count them out but it certainly was a joyous drive back up I-85 this morning, passing all those unc sticker-ed cars while happily waving at a few of them from my Virginia plated BLUDEVL mobile.