PDA

View Full Version : Elliot Williams Big Night (Memphis vs S Miss)

riverside6
01-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Just in case you may not be paying attention, Elliot Williams is having quite the night versus Southern Miss. In the first half, he's already scored 25 points. Halftime now, but you can follow the game here:

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=5231

Williams is 9-15 shooting and 7-10 from 3 point range in the first half.

houstondukie
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Just in case you may not be paying attention, Elliot Williams is having quite the night versus Southern Miss. In the first half, he's already scored 25 points. Halftime now, but you can follow the game here:

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=5231

Williams is 9-15 shooting and 7-10 from 3 point range in the first half.

Really, really wished we still had him on this year's team, even though that most likely means we do not have Andre Dawkins this year (not a knock on Dre, who will be a great player but not this year).

riverside6
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Williams finished with 33 pts on 11-19 shooting and 8-12 from 3

cameroncrazy3104
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
I am amazed at how much better Elliot is from 3 this year than last year. I go to the same high school Elliot went to and it seems that he has the effect on his Memphis tiger team that he did on his high school team. He is once again his teams primary offensive producer. While he was a Duke, I do not think that he was playing the game the way he was used to. He was not the primary scorer. I really miss having his defense, but I think he found a team that allowed him to play his game.

dukelifer
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I am amazed at how much better Elliot is from 3 this year than last year. I go to the same high school Elliot went to and it seems that he has the effect on his Memphis tiger team that he did on his high school team. He is once again his teams primary offensive producer. While he was a Duke, I do not think that he was playing the game the way he was used to. He was not the primary scorer. I really miss having his defense, but I think he found a team that allowed him to play his game.
He seems to struggle with his three more when he plays better teams- but he is hitting it against some teams which shows he can improve. I would suspect like many players- he needs to quicken his release.

diveonthefloor
01-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Do you think he may be more relaxed since he doesn't have to worry about his mom's health from a thousand miles away? I undertand he and his mom are incredibly close, and it couldn't have been easy on him last year knowing she was sick but unable to see her very much at all.
Are there any other players at your high school we can recruit?