PDA

View Full Version : GP on ESPN!?!

DukieBoy
01-07-2010, 01:49 AM
I was watching the highlights of the Iowa State game on Sportscenter today. They opened the highlight with GP talking about how much Jon has improved since his freshman year. Does anyone know if this was a one time thing or if GP is on with ESPN now?

If so, we are becoming ESPN Analyst U.

wisteria
01-07-2010, 01:53 AM
I was watching the highlights of the Iowa State game on Sportscenter today. They opened the highlight with GP talking about how much Jon has improved since his freshman year. Does anyone know if this was a one time thing or if GP is on with ESPN now?

If so, we are becoming ESPN Analyst U.

Hmmm, I didn't see Sportscenter. But ESPN has been inviting teammates to talk about their star players and broadcast those interview videos right before the game. Don't know if this is a similar thing.

JasonEvans
01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I have to say, Paulus seemed incredibly stiff and awkward in that thing. His analysis basically consisted of him saying, "Scheyer is experienced and a leader"... except it took him 15 seconds to get it out. Kinda ugly.

--Jason "if that was Greg's audition, I think he better stick with the NFL ;) " Evans

TheBrianZoubekExperience
01-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Saw it. Agree that he looked stiff and kind of awkward. I'd guess they are giving him a try for more than that one segment but who knows if he'll stick. Since outside of Duke fans he seems to be hated and was never a real star, I'm kind of surprised to see him on TV but I guess they've kept Gottlieb (though I don't know anyone who likes him) so anything is possible.

weezie
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah, well, I saw Greg too and even if he seemed a little nervous, so do most of the athlete types when they first get behind a microphone. Our Jay Williams was really clueless at first, as I recall, but he's doing better now, even if he is making dopey proclamations about royboy being coach of the decade.

So, ESPN may not like Duke on the hardwood, but maybe they recognize brains and the ability to learn in our alums.

NovaScotian
01-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I have to say, Paulus seemed incredibly stiff and awkward in that thing. His analysis basically consisted of him saying, "Scheyer is experienced and a leader"... except it took him 15 seconds to get it out. Kinda ugly.

--Jason "if that was Greg's audition, I think he better stick with the NFL ;) " Evans

i just caught it too. he looked like he was wearing his dad's suit.