PDA

View Full Version : Potential Changes to Cameron and Wallace Wade

mkline09
01-06-2010, 06:53 AM
This may be much ado about nothing but last night while listening to the Kevin White show, White was asked about the state of Duke Athletics. He gave a three pronged response related to academics, competitiveness, and facilities.

The part on facilities is what caught my attention. He mentioned that the University was working with a consulting firm on all facilities, however, he also noted that there was another company that he hadn't mentioned publicly before that was looking at Wallace Wade and Cameron Indoor and what could be done potentially in the future to the two money making facilities.

He said he would elaborate at this time but it got me thinking what changes could he mean. Wallace Wade goes without saying. There are a mirad of things that need to go on there but what about Cameron. Interesting point so I thought I'd bring it up and see what you guys think.

RelativeWays
01-06-2010, 07:13 AM
WW has a whole host of improvements lined up over the next few years. I can't remember the website, but it has artist renditions of what the renovated WW will look like. The two things that stand out in my mind are they want to take up the track, and have a large video board towards the entrance of the stadium.

The only thing I know that they're going to do to CIS is change the lighting, as K already said they can't dim the lights for player intros since they take so long to heat up, but that would be changing. Don't know what else they could do outside of that.

mkline09
01-06-2010, 07:36 AM
The site that I know of with some proposals is www.bluedevilsfootball.com

As far as Cameron it will be interesting to see what if any changes are made. I hope it is something as simple as the lights and nothing more structural which I don't think they can really do given the space they have.

msdukie
01-06-2010, 10:51 AM
All of the proposals that were released re: Wallace Wade were done so under the Alleva regime. Kevin White has hired new firms to look at everything including Wallace Wade. No plans for what Wallace Wade will ultimately look like have been released yet as the new company is expected to have a different plan. The bluedevilsfootball.com and other sites have the prior plan.

As for Cameron, discussions have been ongoing for years including changing concourses, lobbies, adding a team store (probably moot with the new Duke Team Store by Nike in Card) and study of limited luxury boxes. K has mentioned the light issue, but it is not a done deal.

Highlander
01-06-2010, 11:00 AM
WW has a whole host of improvements lined up over the next few years. I can't remember the website, but it has artist renditions of what the renovated WW will look like. The two things that stand out in my mind are they want to take up the track, and have a large video board towards the entrance of the stadium.

The only thing I know that they're going to do to CIS is change the lighting, as K already said they can't dim the lights for player intros since they take so long to heat up, but that would be changing. Don't know what else they could do outside of that.

Does anyone know if there are enhancements planned (or in progress) for next football season? Seems like they would need to start soon on them if they haven't already.

uh_no
01-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Tearing up the track has not been part of the WW plans for a couple years now.