PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Georgia Tech Was Looking Ahead

obsesseddukefan
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Georgia just upset Tech a few minutes ago. Seems like Lawall was the only man who showed up to play. Maybe I am naive but I really though with the addition of Favors this team would be a contender in the ACC. Still early I suppose, but I think we are in good shape for a conference title. :D

MulletMan
01-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech shot 25% from 3, and UGA shot 50% from 3. That was the difference.

Tappan Zee Devil
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Georgia just upset Tech a few minutes ago. Seems like Lawall was the only man who showed up to play. Maybe I am naive but I really though with the addition of Favors this team would be a contender in the ACC. Still early I suppose, but I think we are in good shape for a conference title. :D

and exactly who are "we"
That is not clear from your post :confused:

Acymetric
01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
and exactly who are "we"
That is not clear from your post :confused:

Pretty sure they're saying that one of the supposed contenders was GT, and that since that doesn't appear to be the case that having them not play to expectations means the road to winning the conference is easier than expected for Duke.

ricks68
01-05-2010, 10:00 PM
You would think it would be obvious from his handle, wouldn't it?:p

ricks

obsesseddukefan
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
You would think it would be obvious from his handle, wouldn't it?:p

ricks

Thanks Ricks :p

Atldukie79
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I associate with a lot of Tech fans in Atlanta and I can tell you firsthand that a lot of them are fed up with Hewitt. There were many empty seats for early season home games (though I am sure Duke will fill it up) .

Many long time season ticket holders chose not to renew.

The chief complaints are lack of free throw shooting, constant running players in and out of the games and little discipline. Hewitt avoids the alumni and former players feel unwelcome. There will be a lot of pressure on Hewitt if Tech is lower division ACC by end of year.

I believe Hewitt has a losing record to UGA. That is unacceptable at Tech.

Perhaps they regret not having Cremins after the OT game with our "friends" on the Hill.

uh_no
01-05-2010, 10:14 PM
people hyped GT to death this year....and it almost made me sick

GT was THE worst team in the ACC last year....terrible...i understand they added arguably the best player in the country.....but that doesn't suddenly make them a good team....there are few people that can do that....and the rest of the team is still not good.....you don't go from worst in the leauge to title contender in 1 year because of 1 player

Channing
01-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I associate with a lot of Tech fans in Atlanta and I can tell you firsthand that a lot of them are fed up with Hewitt. There were many empty seats for early season home games (though I am sure Duke will fill it up) .

Many long time season ticket holders chose not to renew.

The chief complaints are lack of free throw shooting, constant running players in and out of the games and little discipline. Hewitt avoids the alumni and former players feel unwelcome. There will be a lot of pressure on Hewitt if Tech is lower division ACC by end of year.

I believe Hewitt has a losing record to UGA. That is unacceptable at Tech.

Perhaps they regret not having Cremins after the OT game with our "friends" on the Hill.

x2. I am watching the OB with a tech fan, and as the basketball game got worse and worse he got more and more frustrated. He, and all his friends (also Tech fans) cannot understand how CPH has not won in Athens ... ever! I guess some years the game is played in Gwinnett (between Athens and Atlanta), but UGA hasnt really been a basketball powerhouse. He is 4-6 against UGA overall.

Finally, for anyone who watched part of the game, did I see that GT rolled the ball on the inbound to save time...and it got stolen? I guess I can't say much (see JWil and S.Blake), but I dont think I have ever seen that before.

BlueintheFace
01-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Coaching matters in the ACC. Wake will never win it with Gaudio and Georgia Tech will never win it with Hewitt.... not unless they have championship level talent in a down year.

Greg_Newton
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM
people hyped GT to death this year....and it almost made me sick

GT was THE worst team in the ACC last year....terrible...i understand they added arguably the best player in the country.....but that doesn't suddenly make them a good team....there are few people that can do that....and the rest of the team is still not good.....you don't go from worst in the leauge to title contender in 1 year because of 1 player

Yeah, I think a lot of people (including me) really overestimated the effect Favors would have. He's a very good athlete and a rebounding machine, but he's no Demarcus Cousins... he's been a very solid role player so far, but not a program changer. He was above Wall in some rankings, IIRC.

Tappan Zee Devil
01-05-2010, 10:57 PM
[

Well perhaps - but certainly not from the syntax which is why I was (and am) confused :confused:

SupaDave
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes - for Tech fans - losing to Georgia hurts even if it's in team lacrosse (b/c we don't have an actual program) but tonight however - Tech fans have their attention elsewhere...