PDA

View Full Version : The new video side boards at Cameron

Lord Ash
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I am not sure I saw a post about this yet...

But the new video boards along the side of the court at Cameron are actually quite nice. Not distracting to me at all, and in fact I rather like all of the info they can show... titles, retired jerseys, and the nice one with the stone images from campus... very nice job on that. Kudos to the athletic department.

rthomas
01-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Go daddy ads! That all I saw on tv.

Lord Ash
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Hm? I mean the center section where the D used to be, along the court?

DevilWolf
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Go daddy ads! That all I saw on tv.

And not even the good ones.

ElonIsRising
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
i am suprised there wasn't more of a response to this thread. I for one don't like them at all. it used to be when you went to a game or watched it on tv, the game (and to a lesser extent the students) were the centerpiece of the presentation. duke basketball and the product on the court stood on its own, and we didn't feel the need to force feed our stats & honors to everyone watching.

it just said 'duke univeristy' on a navy blue board and was simple and clean. i guess the change was inevitable though.. they eventually started advertising goduke.com and then verizon (is my memory serving correct??). i assume they are adhering to the old mantra- 'if you aren't growing you are dying.'

it makes me feel like an old bird just saying i like it how it used to be.. but to be honest thats how i feel. i just don't like anything that makes us more like the norm, or more like everyone else.

4decadedukie
01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I tend to agree with Lord Ash and generally like them; I especially like the "17 ACC Championships" banner.

DukeCO2009
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
They need to update the retired jersey electronic banner thing. JJ and Shelden's uni's are in the shot for some reason.