PDA

View Full Version : Thad and VO to NFL combine

jimsumner
01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
"Former Duke football players Thaddeus Lewis and Vince Oghobaase have been invited to participate in the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine scheduled for February 24-March 2 in Indianapolis, Ind.

Over 300 players are expected to attend this year’s event, which began in 1982. Participants are chosen for the annual camp by a selection committee made up of representatives from the National and BLESTO scouting services as well as members from various NFL player personnel departments. Executives, coaches, player personnel staff members and medical personnel from all 32 NFL teams will attend the combine to evaluate prospective players."

OZZIE4DUKE
01-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Good for them! :cool: Congrats and good luck! :D

Acymetric
01-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Who was the last player to get invited to the combine? I don't recall Tauiliili getting an invite...

CameronBornAndBred
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Vincent Rey should be there, too. I'm sure he'll get a decent shot regardless.

weezie
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Good luck Devils! Extremely proud!

loran16
01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
0 Devils had an invite last year.

I'm shocked Thad got invited...I still doubt he'll get drafted, but if he puts up great combine numbers (possible), he might be, which'd be awesome.

V-O has much more to lose at the combine....if he has a bad performance, he might drop to 5th round (or even be undrafted in a really bad performance).

Good luck to both of them.

Acymetric
01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
0 Devils had an invite last year.

I'm shocked Thad got invited...I still doubt he'll get drafted, but if he puts up great combine numbers (possible), he might be, which'd be awesome.

V-O has much more to lose at the combine....if he has a bad performance, he might drop to 5th round (or even be undrafted in a really bad performance).

Good luck to both of them.

I'm actually not surprised Thad or V.O. made it. I'm not exactly sure what criteria they use to decide who to invite, but if it were me I would want them there. Why? Thad put up huge numbers. Teams want to see if there's any evidence at the combine if he could compete with current NFL QBs. One good way is to check all the measurables.

With V.O. it becomes a situation where he has a pretty big rep, but not all that much exposure due to playing at Duke, plus the injury questions. Will he show up healthy to the combine? Is he in good shape to put up good numbers? I agree he has more to lose, but he also has more to gain. A solid performance could boost his stock just as a poor performance could hurt it.

loran16
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm actually not surprised Thad or V.O. made it. I'm not exactly sure what criteria they use to decide who to invite, but if it were me I would want them there. Why? Thad put up huge numbers. Teams want to see if there's any evidence at the combine if he could compete with current NFL QBs. One good way is to check all the measurables.

With V.O. it becomes a situation where he has a pretty big rep, but not all that much exposure due to playing at Duke, plus the injury questions. Will he show up healthy to the combine? Is he in good shape to put up good numbers? I agree he has more to lose, but he also has more to gain. A solid performance could boost his stock just as a poor performance could hurt it.

I guess but do remember that we're not exactly in a minor conference here....there's plenty of tape on Thad Lewis against quality opponents. Less so of Vince due to the injuries.

Welcome2DaSlopes
01-06-2010, 06:15 PM
http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2008/09/18/lewis-riley-earn-nfl-draft-buzz/
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114348