PDA

View Full Version : DBR iPhone App!

dolver
01-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I didn't even know this was in the works/existed. Free DBR app for the iPhone now available.

yancem
01-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I didn't even know this was in the works/existed. Free DBR app for the iPhone now available.

Don't suppose we could get a little webOS love? I hear the programming platform is pretty simple to use!!!!!

grossbus
01-05-2010, 03:45 PM
what is it called. i cannot find it in the app store.

dolver
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
DBR Mobile

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dbr-mobile/id348820884?mt=8

hc5duke
01-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Fake!

Unless DBR officially makes an announcement I am going to assume this is a fake (ok, unofficial) app that is just an RSS reader pointing to DBR feeds. No different from just going to dukebasketballreport.com and no forum access as far as I can tell

this is who made the app (http://www.pointabout.com/)

dolver
01-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Fake or not, it works quickly and well. I am happy with it.

ice-9
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Can you access the forums with it?

It'd be nice to have a mobile phone friendly interface for reading these forums...

hc5duke
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM

It'd be nice to have a mobile phone friendly interface for reading these forums...

no, it's an RSS reader with someone else's ads at the bottom. mods, can we lock this thread unless DBR has officially sanctioned this app?

Fake or not, it works quickly and well. I am happy with it.

this is a worthless app that just displays the DBR RSS feed and an ad at the bottom. and dolver's first post here was about this app. draw your own conclusions.

juise
01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
and dolver's first post here was about this app. draw your own conclusions.

The app may be worthless and unsanctioned, but the poster has since posted in three basketball-related threads. I believe he/she was probably a lurker who came across this app and felt like they could make a contribution to the DBR community. I'm not sure your comment was fair.

-jk
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM

I like Opera Mini on my Blackberry, in the "mobile" view. Does a very nice job.

-jk

SilkyJ
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I like Opera Mini on my Blackberry, in the "mobile" view. Does a very nice job.

-jk

That's what I use as well, though I would label it as "adequate." It works well enough that I do post sometimes from my BB, but its also enough of a pain that I do feel discouraged to post sometimes.

FWIW, the new Blackberry browser on the Tour is designed to function more like the Opera Mini browser.

-jk
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
That's what I use as well, though I would label it as "adequate." It works well enough that I do post sometimes from my BB, but its also enough of a pain that I do feel discouraged to post sometimes.

FWIW, the new Blackberry browser on the Tour is designed to function more like the Opera Mini browser.

Which version of mini are you using and are you using it in Mobile view?

barjwr
01-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Any chance of an upcoming Android DBR app?

billy
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Mini 5 beta 2 works great for me on my Blackberry - mobile view "off". One link to the home page and one to the forums page on the speed dial...

SilkyJ
01-05-2010, 11:16 PM

Looks like I have 4.2, and according to billy's post above that would appear to not be the the most up to date version.

I have played with Mobile View, but don't like it as much. Too much scrolling, just like on the standard BB browser. I'll upgrade and see if that helps...

I also use a curve 8330 on VZW

-jk
01-05-2010, 11:36 PM
If you use the Mobile View, and click the "New" button on each thread, it opens a thread and takes you directly to the first unread post. Not too much scrolling.

The Mini 5 Beta 2 has been stable for me, but I also used the v4.2 for quite some time. It's far and away the best mobile experience for me here (and I read a lot of this board. ;) )

-jk

dolver
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
wow -- hc5 -- little bit of anger pent up there? thanks juise. but yes, I was on a site that happened to list the most recently added iphone apps and saw DBR at the top and couldn't believe my eyes.

And now that DBR has officially claimed the app, I am going to refrain from spouting off at the mouth back -- but perhaps the DBR forums are not the place I want to spend my time.

juise
01-06-2010, 02:41 PM
wow -- hc5 -- little bit of anger pent up there? thanks juise. but yes, I was on a site that happened to list the most recently added iphone apps and saw DBR at the top and couldn't believe my eyes.

And now that DBR has officially claimed the app, I am going to refrain from spouting off at the mouth back -- but perhaps the DBR forums are not the place I want to spend my time.

Stick around. HC5 is a good dude... everyone takes a turn on the Jump to Conclusions mat from time to time. ;)

http://www.flashpointdevelopment.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jump-to-conclusions-mat-196x300.jpg

hc5duke
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM

my bad, i've just dealt with a lot of spam that starts like this. it appears i was wrong and i am sorry for jumping to conclusions

SilkyJ
01-06-2010, 07:45 PM
If you use the Mobile View, and click the "New" button on each thread, it opens a thread and takes you directly to the first unread post. Not too much scrolling.

The Mini 5 Beta 2 has been stable for me, but I also used the v4.2 for quite some time. It's far and away the best mobile experience for me here (and I read a lot of this board. ;) )

-jk

Wow, I REALLY don't like 5 beta 2. every thing I did, including just the simple act of scrolling, seemed to cause the hour glass to come up for a second. It slowed down other apps too. I've deleted and gone back to 4.2. Thanks for the advice, but to each his own I guess.