PDA

View Full Version : Google: Coach K #1 Searched Coach in 2009; Duke/UNC #3 Most Searched Rivalry

towerview road
01-05-2010, 09:51 AM
According to Google's annual Zeitgeist Report for 2009, "Coach K" was the #1 most searched coach by users in 2009. That includes professional coaches too. Duke/UNC was the #3 most searched rivalry during the year.

COACHES

1. Coach K (Mike Krzyzewski - Duke University basketball)

2. Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)

3. Josh McDaniels (Denver Broncos)

4. John Calipari (University of Kentucky basketball)

5. Erik Spoelstra (Miami Heat)

6. Sean Miller (University of Arizona basketball)

7. Bill Belichick (New England Patriots)

8. Roy Williams (University of North Carolina basketball)

9. Phil Jackson (Los Angeles Lakers)

10. Tom Cable (Oakland Raiders)

RIVALRY

1. Red River rivalry (Texas vs. Oklahoma)

2. Michigan-Ohio State rivalry

3. UNC-Duke rivalry

4. Colts-Patriots rivalry

5. Vikings-Packers rivalry

6. Bears-Packers rivalry

7. Georgia-Florida rivalry

8. Giants-Dodgers rivalry

9. Lakers-Celtics rivalry

10. Steelers-Browns rivalry

(for the full story from the Boston Globe, see http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2010/01/05/the_most_popular_google_searches_of_2009/)

sagegrouse
01-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I am surprised that Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is on the list. If I were going to look him up on Google, I think I would have so few letters right, that it would find nothing. On second thought, maybe everyone is looking him up via "Miami Heat coach" in order to see how to spell his name.

And, of course, maybe that is why everyone is googling "Coach K." Lets see K-R-Z-Y-Z.....

sagegrouse

towerview road
01-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Ditto - although apparently "Coach K" was the most frequently searched coaching name/term(s), not "Coach Krzyzewski" (LOL).

hurleyfor3
01-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I am surprised that Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is on the list. If I were going to look him up on Google, I think I would have so few letters right, that it would find nothing. On second thought, maybe everyone is looking him up via "Miami Heat coach" in order to see how to spell his name.

And, of course, maybe that is why everyone is googling "Coach K." Lets see K-R-Z-Y-Z.....

sagegrouse

The Google I use always tries to suggest stuff after spelling a few letters. All it needs for Krzyzewski is the KRZ. Similarly, you don't even need to know how to spell, say, Roethlisberger, because that's the first thing it suggessts for "Ben".

CameronBornAndBred
01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Ditto - although apparently "Coach K" was the most frequently searched coaching name/term(s), not "Coach Krzyzewski" (LOL).
I'm thinking he was searched so often just to check on the spelling.:D

hurleyfor3
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
BTW, are we sure Ol' Roy belings as high as #8? How does the Google know people aren't searching for the "other" one?

darthur
01-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm surprised Yankees vs Red Sox doesn't make the cut.