PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State: Who's going? Wanna get together?

hurleyfor3
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Seems like a few of us will be going Wednesday night. If you're interested in getting together for dinner or drinks beforehand, let's organize something. West Loop area would be the easiest for me, but we can work something out.

ChicagoCrazy84
01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I would be interested. I am going with my brother in law who is flying in from AZ, but went to Iowa St. Right now, it's just the two of us. I work in the West Loop for StubHub and will be leaving work around 5:30 for dinner/drinks with him. We'll probably go somewhere in the West Loop.

Cavlaw
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm torn on whether or not to go. I don't often get to see the Devils play live, but I'm not sure if any of the seats that are still available are worth getting. My searches on Ticketmaster have been disheartening.

ChicagoCrazy84
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
That's probably because of the Scheyer's and myself. I bought and successfully sold 18 seats for this game! I've probably made a good $200. Anyway, check StubHub, they don't have a whole lot left, but the ones they do have are all lower level or club level.

Cameron
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Jon's homecoming. I'll be there; staying on the Mile (can't recall name of the hotel right off the bat, however). Might be the Marriott.

Absolutely cannot wait.

terrih
01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I'll be there too. Flying in from Seattle for the game. Excited to see the guys. Will also be going to the pre-game Duke party. I won't have a car so likely can't meet except for at the game.

ChicagoDevil
01-05-2010, 08:23 AM
There is a great restaurant on Washington (which is parallel to Madison (cant remember the cross street)) called Wishbone, for those interested in a little southern food before the game. Its just a few blocks (not walking) from the UC....

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

towerview road
01-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Should be a fun scene. According to an Iowa State bball blog (http://theclonezone.wordpress.com), 17 different NBA Scouts have received/asked for credentials for this game.

Bluedog
01-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Should be a fun scene. According to an Iowa State bball blog (http://theclonezone.wordpress.com), 17 different NBA Scouts have received/asked for credentials for this game.

Ouch, that title hurt my eyes! I don't think they even intended to be insulting, they just don't know any better. In any event, that's a lot of NBA scouts. I'm sure Scheyer got like 1,000 tickets as well.

I'll be there Wednesday in the lower level. Looking forward to it!

ChicagoCrazy84
01-05-2010, 10:44 AM
There is a great restaurant on Washington (which is parallel to Madison (cant remember the cross street)) called Wishbone, for those interested in a little southern food before the game. Its just a few blocks (not walking) from the UC....

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishbone is good, I work 1 block away on Randolph. It's more than a few blocks away from the UC though. It's a little over a mile.

bhollowell
01-05-2010, 04:22 PM
i work on randolph and north wacker. i'd like to get to the arena to see warm-ups though.