PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Providence post-game thread

MHTorringjan
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
So, unfortunately, I was unable to catch the game at Cameron this afternoon and was unable to see the Wizards Thomas do their magic (or something significantly snappier; I'm open to suggestions!)

Was anybody able to go and wants to comment on their thoughts of the game? About all that I can comment on is the continued development of Karima Christmas as a combo guard player who can contribute in multiple ways, both defensively and offensively. Her stat lines in the past couple of games have had her making a significant contribution in many of the wins this year! Also, it goes without saying that I hope that Krystal continues to have games like she had tonight, not so much like the one the other night.

dukelifer
01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
So, unfortunately, I was unable to catch the game at Cameron this afternoon and was unable to see the Wizards Thomas do their magic (or something significantly snappier; I'm open to suggestions!)

Was anybody able to go and wants to comment on their thoughts of the game? About all that I can comment on is the continued development of Karima Christmas as a combo guard player who can contribute in multiple ways, both defensively and offensively. Her stat lines in the past couple of games have had her making a significant contribution in many of the wins this year! Also, it goes without saying that I hope that Krystal continues to have games like she had tonight, not so much like the one the other night.
Duke played very well today. They pressured the ball well and had control throughout. Krystal Thomas was unstoppable today- she dominated down low. I have been very impressed with Vernerey- she is very poised and has a great nose for the ball. She always seems to be in the right place. In today's game, everyone contributed. Providence hit a bunch of threes in the second half- but never really challenged .

CameronBornAndBred
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I listened to it...the only disturbance was going ahead 10-0 and then letting them close to within 3 at 17-14...after that..it was the Crystal Thomas show. She came off the bench and scored 11 straight (I think), and Duke never looked back. Sounded like we had a good crowd, probably due to the mens' game later, but 'sok with me, they still had to pay to see the ladies! Looking forward to ACC play starting. I've got my calendar marked for UCONN and my days off from work to make the trip. We have lots to improve on before then, but I have no doubt we can get it done.

MHTorringjan
01-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to being at the Wake Forest game this coming Sunday, and then the big one on the following Monday. Not sure how well we'll do, but I'll certainly do my part. The Athletics Department better do their darnedest to get the Crazies out to the showdown with #1, and I will be sorely peeved if we don't have a good population of the tenters at the game. They've been at games we've been less likely to win before and there's just a men's game the day before, giving them plenty of time to rest and do homework enough to spare 2 hours for what will hopefully be a great women's game.